Easy RAF pets this weekend

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkmaster
Top Rater
Pet Score:5191
Realm:Quel'dorei-us
Re: Easy RAF pets this weekend

Post by Darkmaster » December 8th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Okay I would like if someone could clarify for me if this will work this way.
1. I set up 4 email addresses and attach each one of them to a separate Bnet account.
2. From my main Bnet account send a RAF request to each one of these 4 accounts made in step 1.
3. Gift a Battle chest to each of these starter accounts and apply it to each one.
4. Add 2 month game time to each of the 4 accounts either through blizzard store or by trading gold to them from my main account and buying WoW tokens.
5. In 7-8 days be able to claim RAF pets on my main Bnet Account.
6. Trade or give these 4 basic accounts to anyone else.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 9th, 2015, 12:05 am

Darkmaster wrote:Okay I would like if someone could clarify for me if this will work this way.
1. I set up 4 email addresses and attach each one of them to a separate Bnet account.
Not necessary - 1 email is fine. You can put up to 8 WoW accounts under 1 Battlenet account.
Darkmaster wrote:2. From my main Bnet account send a RAF request to each one of these 4 accounts made in step 1.
3. Gift a Battle chest to each of these starter accounts and apply it to each one.
4. Add 2 month game time to each of the 4 accounts either through blizzard store or by trading gold to them from my main account and buying WoW tokens.
5. In 7-8 days be able to claim RAF pets on my main Bnet Account.
Yes, correct.
Darkmaster wrote:6. Trade or give these 4 basic accounts to anyone else.
It's technically against ToS to share accounts with other people (though no one really cares, but assuming you're using your own email address you probably wouldn't want to do that anyhow). If you want someone else to be able to use these accounts you should sent the RaF invite to the actual friend or family member, gift them the battlechest, and then help guide their toon to the AH to buy tokens.

I've offered to buy free accounts for my non-gamer friends but no one's ever taken me up on it. :)

Cheln
Pet Score:5060
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cheln » December 9th, 2015, 1:00 am

Thanks for this info, very exciting to get some new pets.

Just a note for those in Australia it is a bit more expensive due to the money conversion but not by too much. Was $6.23 when I did my first one but can always change.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 10th, 2015, 10:25 am

I've been waiting months for these sales so I could get the last 3 RAF pets I needed. I'm at 8 accounts on my Battlenet now though. If they bring out any more RAF pets in the future I'll have to go through the schlep of either getting some moved or deleted. :roll:

With my first few RAF accounts, I made good use of them for fast char leveling via a second game copy and some (very) inexperienced duel-boxing. Worked a treat. Crazy fast leveling and some nice "gifted" levels. Now however, I don't have any more chars to level on my main account so my new RAFs are wasted a little. But never mind . . . PETS! ;)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Toppy
Pet Score:13192
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Toppy » December 11th, 2015, 9:59 am

Followed the step by step, added two months game time, paid for everything. 9 days...nothing :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 11th, 2015, 11:00 am

Toppy wrote:Followed the step by step, added two months game time, paid for everything. 9 days...nothing :(
Have you checked in-game on your main account? There should be a rewards notification in your Social Window UI. If it's not there, you can submit a ticket to inquire about the status of your RAF Veteran rewards.

Explain the situation thoroughly and a CM rep should be able to look into it. If they give you the run-around or some copy-paste response, just keep trying to get a more detailed response from them as to why it didn't work or what went wrong and if it can be resolved.

Hope everything works out for you Toppy!

As a side note: I just noticed that you're from EU -- are RAF rewards allowed in your country? It was mentioned earlier in the thread that a few EU countries don't allow it, so I'm not sure how Recruit-A-Friend works for those specific areas (or if it even works).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Crazybish
MVP
Pet Score:11151
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Crazybish » December 11th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Does it take a week for anything to show up under the refer a friend link in your account settings? I did it once, and there is showing no linked accounts in neither my main or wow1 accounts and that makes me nervous.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 11th, 2015, 7:24 pm

Crazybish wrote:Does it take a week for anything to show up under the refer a friend link in your account settings? I did it once, and there is showing no linked accounts in neither my main or wow1 accounts and that makes me nervous.
I've never seen anything listed in-game or on the account settings letting you know that there's a RAF pending during wait period, so that's normal. The only thing I've ever seen during the wait period was one of my toons got a in-game mail saying that my RAF partner (myself) had made a toon on the same realm - but only 1 of 9 of my RAF accounts triggered that mail.

Crazybish
MVP

Post by Crazybish » December 11th, 2015, 7:27 pm

I did a RAF to make my son account a couple years ago to get the obsidian nightwing, and when you go to your account settings and click on your main account, when you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a gray bar and the third choice is referrals and rewards. Back when I did it before, it showed up there and had the eligibility details and stuff. However, it looks like they have redone the whole system since I first did that so maybe that doesn't even work anymore. I did get the in game mail with the first account I created, and I got antsy and did a second one which didn't give me the mail. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it for all the stuff I want, the pets and the cindermane charger mount, and hope everything goes as it should XD. Ty for the reply, Peanutty.

Toppy

Post by Toppy » December 12th, 2015, 8:40 am

Thanks for the advice Quintessence. Seems the accounts are not linked. Sent a ticket ingame, as it seems i have to send my mother along to get to send the ticket on the web. Been searching a bit, and it seems Norway is on the "can get rewards" list.
To lighten the mood i treated myself to the full Starcraft II package and 3 new pets to the collection..woohhooo

Sayulita
Top Rater
Pet Score:4386
BattleTag®:Ishtar#1538
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Sayulita » December 13th, 2015, 8:18 am

Thanks for this information, I had no idea I could get these RAF pets!

If I don't want to pay for the 2 months of gametime up front, then it is as simple as subscribing to the game, getting the free first month, and then paying the second month subscription to qualify for the RAF reward, OR do I need to continue on for a 3rd month on the RAF account to make sure I get the reward?

I realize that I'm waiting a little over 2 months to get the pet. I'm okay with that.

I just wonder how reliable it will be to get the reward by doing it this way - by regular subscription. I have read more than once that people have had a difficult time getting the reward by this method. Any feedback on this?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 13th, 2015, 10:36 am

Sayulita wrote:Thanks for this information, I had no idea I could get these RAF pets!

If I don't want to pay for the 2 months of gametime up front, then it is as simple as subscribing to the game, getting the free first month, and then paying the second month subscription to qualify for the RAF reward, OR do I need to continue on for a 3rd month on the RAF account to make sure I get the reward?

I realize that I'm waiting a little over 2 months to get the pet. I'm okay with that.

I just wonder how reliable it will be to get the reward by doing it this way - by regular subscription. I have read more than once that people have had a difficult time getting the reward by this method. Any feedback on this?
If you go the normal subscription route with your RAF account, it will take 3 months (plus 7 days) to receive your pets.

You get one month free (either from applying the WoW Battlechest or the baseline RAF account -- I can't quite remember), which doesn't count towards the 2 months paid game time necessary for the rewards.

Once that first free month is up, then your credit card will be charged for the second month and then third month once the second month's game time is up.

Only after the third month has been paid for will you be qualified for the rewards, and at which point you need to wait 7 days.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sayulita
Top Rater

Post by Sayulita » December 13th, 2015, 2:59 pm

If you go the normal subscription route with your RAF account, it will take 3 months (plus 7 days) to receive your pets.
Thanks, Quintessence, for taking the time to make that clear to me.

Toppy

Post by Toppy » December 15th, 2015, 2:01 am

yaay..my first RAF pet came trough after some help from customer support and a chat with game master. I had done a mistake and made a new battle net account, and not adding to my own, so a link between the accounts needed to be fixed. The game master also gave me the grinning reaver mount from the online store as a pressie :) Awsome people !!

Sayulita
Top Rater

Post by Sayulita » December 15th, 2015, 6:13 pm

I don't know if it is appropriate to post a link to another website's information. If I get a go ahead here, I'll post the link.

I thought it might be helpful for people who've never done RAF before (like myself), in addition to all the great information on the forums, I found a guide on wowhead that was extremely helpful, down to some very small details. One very helpful detail was to add the RAF friend's name to your Friends list, and vice versa for the RAF friend. Once I did this, I signed into my main account and my RAF account at the same time, and could see that the accounts were linked because there is an icon to the left of the newly added friend in my Friend's list. This icon is for porting your RAF friend to you. I hope this information helps.

Crazybish
MVP

Post by Crazybish » December 16th, 2015, 12:17 am

Sayulita wrote:I don't know if it is appropriate to post a link to another website's information. If I get a go ahead here, I'll post the link.

I thought it might be helpful for people who've never done RAF before (like myself), in addition to all the great information on the forums, I found a guide on wowhead that was extremely helpful, down to some very small details. One very helpful detail was to add the RAF friend's name to your Friends list, and vice versa for the RAF friend. Once I did this, I signed into my main account and my RAF account at the same time, and could see that the accounts were linked because there is an icon to the left of the newly added friend in my Friend's list. This icon is for porting your RAF friend to you. I hope this information helps.
Thank you for this! I've been nervous that maybe I screwed up but I went through and checked all mine and they all had that RAF port icon.

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » December 18th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Colar wrote:Ok got 4 accounts RAF'd with battlechest and 2 months each added. Now I just got to wait and see in 7 days if I messed up anything or if I got 4 new pets and 4 "free" months.
Forgot to update as I've been busy. Logged in today, I had 4 rewards waiting so I was able to claim all 4 new pets at once. If you did wait past 7 days, there is no wait time on claiming next item or 2.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 20th, 2015, 11:51 am

Ladyhawke74 wrote:I'm trying to understand this. Wouldn't you basically be paying $35 for one pet? How is this cheap?

You make a 2nd account. Buy the $5.00 WoW Standard edition. If you do RAF you get 30 days free game time on that 2nd account. Then you have to buy 2 months of game time on that 2nd account which would be $30.
It's relatively "cheap" but in no way is this inexpensive.

Normally, when the battlechest is not on sale the price would be $50 for one RAF pet. So collector's are jumping on this chance for a RAF pet or two at a reduced price of $35.

Also, keep in mind that the main account is gifted a free month of game time for each successful RAF, which is equivalent to $15.

Orangeice
Pet Score:10385
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Orangeice » December 20th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Question, if I may since I'm a bit confused.

So, if I want all four (4) RAF pets,
I need to buy four (4) WoW Battlechest at $4.99 each
and then add two (2) month of play time on each account?
What or who do I name these new accounts too, since there really is not anyone playing?

Any help would be nice.
Thank you.