I buy Catacysm and Burning Crusade collector's edition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gabonne61
Pet Score:4325
Realm:Hyjal-eu
I buy Catacysm and Burning Crusade collector's edition

Post by Gabonne61 » November 3rd, 2015, 6:14 pm

But they are us version and I play eu! Any way to transfer the pet??

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: I buy Catacysm and Burning Crusade collector's edition

Post by Vakeetah » November 3rd, 2015, 7:03 pm

Ouch! :/

I don't think this is something you can solve on your own. You could try asking Customer Support (from account management, not in-game GMs) to see if you have any options. Bear in mind that, if you purchased those games from 3rd party sites, they may reject your request - in which case you'll probably have to find someone from the US who is willing to buy it off you, provided you didn't redeem the codes yet.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » November 4th, 2015, 6:22 am

I don't know if this will work, or if it's even possible. If you can make an new account with the US region, get the pets and then merge/transfer it to your standard battle-net account. Ofcourse I suggest getting in contact with customer support first like suggested above. If they can't/won't help you, you could try this. If anyone know if this is (not) possible, please write a comment that im right or wrong.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » November 4th, 2015, 11:54 am

Elmarc wrote:I don't know if this will work, or if it's even possible. If you can make an new account with the US region, get the pets and then merge/transfer it to your standard battle-net account. Ofcourse I suggest getting in contact with customer support first like suggested above. If they can't/won't help you, you could try this. If anyone know if this is (not) possible, please write a comment that im right or wrong.
i doubt that this will work. Blizz states very clearly that you can't carry anything over between EU and US - so if you move from US to EU you can't transfer your account :(.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 5th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Bear in mind that, if you purchased those games from 3rd party sites
The only way to get the physical CE's is from 3rd parties (excepting the one time that Blizzard had a personal extra stash of MoP CE's). So that's not going to affect Blizzard's willingness to help. Though they may not be able to do something anyway due to the nature of the problem.

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » November 5th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do.
If you haven't activated them yet, then you might be able to trade them with someone who's in the same situation. It's possible that I would be able to trade an EU Cataclysm with you. It'll be more difficult to trade the Burning Crusade one, as there were some issues with the getting incorrect EU codes, so they require going through a lengthy process in order to get a working one.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Gabonne61
Pet Score:4325
Realm:Hyjal-eu

Post by Gabonne61 » November 5th, 2015, 11:38 pm

Thank you for all your answers.

Nir
Pet Score:6066
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nir » November 9th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Actually, it happened to me on two different CE's I bought, I play on EU as well, and I was naive and bought the CE's through eBay without checking much.
I only discovered the issue when I tried entering the codes, but when I contacted customer support they happily helped me and gave me a new EU code instead of the US ones.

I do remember however, they told me it's something they won't normally do, I guess they didn't want me to encourage others to do the same, but since you allready did, I suggest you contact them and give it a try.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » November 10th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Pets are at shared at Battle(dot)net level and not at per game license, so why could you not have EU and US WoW's and have the pets show up in both games?
One way to test it would be to pick up a US game and see what pets show up, it may also work (for testing) with the starter edition.

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » November 10th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Dalandius wrote:Pets are at shared at Battle(dot)net level and not at per game license, so why could you not have EU and US WoW's and have the pets show up in both games?
One way to test it would be to pick up a US game and see what pets show up, it may also work (for testing) with the starter edition.
I think EU and US use different battle.nets. Don't they? I remember accidentally writing a ticket to the US Customer Service, and he said that I was lucky I got him because he was a senior with special permission to access to my EU account (though it would take some extra time). This leads me to believe that they are separate :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 10th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Nir wrote:Actually, it happened to me on two different CE's I bought, I play on EU as well, and I was naive and bought the CE's through eBay without checking much.
I only discovered the issue when I tried entering the codes, but when I contacted customer support they happily helped me and gave me a new EU code instead of the US ones.

I do remember however, they told me it's something they won't normally do, I guess they didn't want me to encourage others to do the same, but since you allready did, I suggest you contact them and give it a try.
Makes me wonder how easy it would be for them to re-release digital deluxe collector's editions of the early games...if they can just create codes...hmm....

Good luck, OP!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » December 13th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Makes me wonder how easy it would be for them to re-release digital deluxe collector's editions of the early games...if they can just create codes...hmm....

Good luck, OP!
I know this is a little older but I thought I'd reply to it. They have done this, once. They "rereleased" the original and BC CE pets as a promotion if you bought a warcraft themed laptop. The pets came with the new computer. But the computer itself was pretty pricey at $4500. You can still find some old web info on it out there.

http://gizmodo.com/329752/dell-world-of-warcraft-xps-m1730-gaming-notebook-unboxing-looting-and-grope