[ENDED] Madja's Fifth Friendly Raffle - Special Edition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ellipet
Pet Score:13733
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: Madja's Fifth Friendly Raffle - Special Edition (Any Reg

Post by Ellipet » November 2nd, 2015, 9:01 pm

I would counter [pet]Jade owl[/pet] with [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] It can protect itself with emerald presence as well as being able to heal and do good damage against a magic type with its dragonkin ability

Ellipet
Pet Score:13733

Post by Ellipet » November 2nd, 2015, 9:27 pm

So it looks like Noxiih and I posted the same counter at the same time. haha :lol: So I will counter our [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] with a [pet]Flayer Youngling[/pet] Its deflection can protect it from any big hits it has the potential to stun the opponent as well as its humanoid ability's doing extra damage to the dragonkin type

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » November 2nd, 2015, 9:45 pm

So, it's the perfect time in the air, I will counter your [pet]Flayer Youngling[/pet] with a [pet]Macabre Marionette[/pet].
With Death and Decay and Bone Barrage, you can drain it's pv even if it stun / deflect. And with bone bite, bigger damage. And it dance ! All the attack are strong against it.

Shadeofher
Pet Score:3670

Post by Shadeofher » November 2nd, 2015, 9:55 pm

I would counter [pet]Macabre Marionette[/pet] with [pet]Mojo[/pet]. Mojo's aquatic nature would make him resistant toward undead moves, and he's got Tongue Lash as a critter move, super effective. Also, heals to stay in the game.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » November 2nd, 2015, 11:02 pm

I'll counter [pet]Mojo[/pet] with [pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet]. Flying type with the powerful call darkness/nocturnal strike combo.

Lessiel
Top Rater
Pet Score:5437
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Lessiel » November 3rd, 2015, 3:02 am

Darkchyld wrote:I'll counter [pet]Mojo[/pet] with [pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet]. Flying type with the powerful call darkness/nocturnal strike combo.
I counter the [pet]Dread Hatchling[/pet] with [pet]Arcane Eye[/pet]. Drain Power combined with Mana Surge may devastate it...

Naathwen
Pet Score:11739
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Naathwen » November 3rd, 2015, 4:38 am

I would counter the Arcane Eye with a [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] as it is resilient to magic damage and will deal a lot of damage with the Breath attack ;)

Khlair
Pet Score:5372
BattleTag®:khlair#6691
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Khlair » November 3rd, 2015, 7:37 am

Naathwen wrote:I would counter the Arcane Eye with a [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] as it is resilient to magic damage and will deal a lot of damage with the Breath attack ;)
I will counter Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with [pet]Water Waveling[/pet] Geyser, Frost Nova, and then Ice Lance. :D

Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13724
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Truweildude » November 3rd, 2015, 8:16 am

I'd counter the [pet]Water Waveling[/pet] with the [pet]Purple Puffer[/pet], its a PP and has the big aquatic heal, and with pump, it would be dead with 2 hits. if not, finish it off with a water jet.

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » November 3rd, 2015, 9:05 am

I bring in [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet]. A flying pet, with a strong base attack power. The speed of the [pet]Purple Puffer[/pet] is lower as Chi-Chi, making it always go first. The first attack choise is flying, giving more attack to deal with the aquatic puffer. It has the possibility to either heal or debuff for even more damage. The last power of Chi-Chi is avoiding damage. Making it a great survivor (heal + dodge combined) overall.

Maylea
Pet Score:8515
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Maylea » November 3rd, 2015, 11:37 am

I would counter with [pet]Scooter the Snail[/pet]. I would maintain his [ability]Acidic Goo [/ability]debuff and spam [ability]Ooze Touch[/ability]! I would follow up by using Dive on cooldown. :D

Landmaj
Top Rater
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Landmaj » November 3rd, 2015, 1:40 pm

I would counter with [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet]. [ability]Stoneskin[/ability] would keep me alive while I would tear [pet]Scooter the Snail[/pet] with [ability]Pounce[/ability] and [ability]Devour[/ability] since both are strong against criters.

Vapid
Pet Score:4400
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Vapid » November 3rd, 2015, 9:55 pm

The counter to the Feline Familiar with the moveset that Landmaj has chosen would be:

[pet]Mechanical Axebeak[/pet]
A Flyer, so it is faster negating Pounce and also the two moves selected by Landmaj would be weak against it.

The best moveset for the Axebeak would Alpha Strike, Haywire, and Decoy. Being faster equals two strikes with Alpha, Haywire is strong against the beast Feline, and Decoy gives some added protection.

Cheers

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 3rd, 2015, 10:07 pm

It may be boring, but the [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] with Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream would just sit there and patiently chop away at the Axebeak, inbetween having a couple of naps. :)

Its Emerald Bite, strong against flying, would knock 450-600 HP off the flyer every time it lands, the Axebeak's attacks would be weak against Dragonkin, even before the shield, and the Axebeak has no nuke strong enough that the EPW can't heal from in Emerald Dream.

Soralin
Pet Score:4217
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Soralin » November 3rd, 2015, 11:21 pm

I'd use [pet]Clock'em[/pet] to counter Emerald Proto-Whelp, with Jab, Counter-strike and Dodge. Mechanical pet takes less damage from Emerald Bite and Jab/Counter-Strike are strong against Dragonkin :)

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Lunarific » November 3rd, 2015, 11:42 pm

To counter the [pet]Clock'em[/pet] I'd like to try out my [pet]Lost Netherpup[/pet]. Since the majority of Clock'em's abilities do humanoid damage this would be weak against the Netherpup, and the Netherpup would also outspeed the Clock'em, reducing the usefulness of Dodge. Overtune might be slightly problematic as it is strong against beasts and increases Clock'em's speed, but I think a Howl + Darkflame combo would toast him quite nicely. :P

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » November 3rd, 2015, 11:55 pm

To counter the [pet]Lost Netherpup[/pet] I'd simply use a [pet]Iron Starlette[/pet].

Being a beast pet is VERY bad when going up against an Iron Starlette with Wind up, Speedball, Supercharge. Heck - don't even need the supercharge!

Defeated in 3 rounds:
Round 1, windup.
Round 2, Speedball (usually knocks you up enough to go first next round),
Round 3, Windup release.

The combined damaged of a 10% boosted windup + a windup release kills most beast pets first strike. Normally I'd wait for a supercharge, but they're dynamite when dealing with beast pets!

Even though the netherpup has ONE elemental attack, it's not enough damage to knock this guy down to dead + the extra round for his mechanical life backup!

EDIT: I know what my Iron Starlette's ultimate nemesis is in PVP that I can never possibly win against - but I'll wait n see if others know what it is! ^_^

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » November 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

BTW - is your dealine December or November? Cus the following post has it listed as Nov, but the previous post says December

Ladystitch
Pet Score:4739
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Ladystitch » November 4th, 2015, 5:31 am

I counter your [pet]Iron Starlette[/pet] with a [pet]Molten Corgi[/pet], first using [pet]Flamethrower[/pet], followed by [pet]Puppies of the Flame[/pet], so when you cast that [pet]Powerball[/pet], you will miss and then finish you off with [pet]Flamethrower[/pet] again. If you do manage to get off a lucky hit and do damage me, but don't one shot I will cast [pet]Cauterize[/pet] to heal up a bit of my health. By the way I hope the format of this is right lol, this is my first time posting on here :D

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » November 4th, 2015, 7:59 am

Mvallas wrote:BTW - is your dealine December or November? Cus the following post has it listed as Nov, but the previous post says December
The deadline is December. What I tried to explain in the second post is that, since I'll be abroad, I won't be able to update the list of entries and assign numbers. When I get back in December I'll assign all the numbers for the entries given after the date in November :D I hope that cleared it up! :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596