Page 1 of 1

Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 2:08 pm
by Madja
First of all I'm sorry if this is a common thing, but I noticed that the murloc pet 'Terky' has switched categories in the Pet Journal from 'Promotion' to 'Drop'. It also now states that it is looted from 'White Murloc Egg' where as previously it only said it was from 'iCoke Taiwan'. The 'Tiny Green Dragon', 'Tiny Red Dragon' and 'Poley' all still state that they're from iCoke.

My hope is that Blizzard is planning to re-introduce this pet, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and this kind of thing happens all the time?

What do you all think?

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 3:10 pm
by Melmo
I would be ecstatic if that were the case!!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 3:35 pm
by Zonnetje
that would be amazing!

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 5:47 pm
by Khorah
Zonnetje wrote:that would be amazing!


+1!!!! :D

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 7:10 pm
by Ranok
<sigh> Wowhead forum says this about the White Murloc Egg --

Sadly not available :( It was obtained through an 'iCoke' promotion ( Redeem iCoke Prize Voucher) which has long been removed from the game.


So technically Terky is loot, but from something you can't get any more. Still a possibility that Blizz is considering making the Asian promo pets available to us but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 8:16 am
by Madja
Ranok wrote:So technically Terky is loot, but from something you can't get any more. Still a possibility that Blizz is considering making the Asian promo pets available to us but I'm not getting my hopes up.



Technically it should be under 'Quest' as the Prize Voucher is used to complete a quest which rewards the 'White Murloc Egg'.
I think it used to be under Promotions (definitely wasn't loot), though, same as the Red/Green Tiny Dragons and Poley - which are also from iCoke.

I agree, though, that it is unlikely that Blizzard will be making it available, but I just found it interesting and it made me wonder why they changed the category.

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 10:49 am
by Jaladar
They did previously make several Asian-Only pets available to us through Recruit-a-Friend so there is a possibility this is another pet that may be making its way to US/EU servers. I would love to have the ability to get the rest of the Asian exclusive pets and the EU Burning Crusade CE Glitch reward....

Having a pure Murloc pet just seems like a no-brainer...and yes I know Murky is the original but unless you were fortunate to have attended Blizzcon back then (pre-virtual ticket) or have a fortune in disposable income, he and Mini Tyrael (from another event even more difficult to attend) are out of the question.

OK, stepping off the soap box now..sorry...I do feel better now though 8-)

Jal

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 2:38 pm
by Madja
Funnily enough Wowhead just posted an article with some additional info: http://www.wowhead.com/news=248987/6-2- ... et-updates

Apparently there has also been a quest called 'Battle-pet: Terky' datamined as well as a 'Celebration Wand - Murloc'. The celebration wand makes me think of the 11th Anniversary coming in a couple of months. Perhaps they intend to offer it as a quest reward then :D

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 5:33 pm
by Desi
Madja wrote:Funnily enough Wowhead just posted an article with some additional info: http://www.wowhead.com/news=248987/6-2- ... et-updates

Apparently there has also been a quest called 'Battle-pet: Terky' datamined as well as a 'Celebration Wand - Murloc'. The celebration wand makes me think of the 11th Anniversary coming in a couple of months. Perhaps they intend to offer it as a quest reward then :D


Squee! Let's hope this is on the way.

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 6:13 pm
by Ranok
Thanks for Wowhead link, I hadn't seen that. So last patch re-classified it from Promotion to Loot.

According to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1128998-Redeem-iCoke-Voucher-Quest-question%28s%29 the White Murloc Egg quest never actually got implemented anywhere. So Blizz could make it available now without necessarily changing their minds about the other Asian promotions.

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2015, 8:30 pm
by Madja
Ranok wrote:According to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1128998-Redeem-iCoke-Voucher-Quest-question%28s%29 the White Murloc Egg quest never actually got implemented anywhere. So Blizz could make it available now without necessarily changing their minds about the other Asian promotions.


Yeah, that sounds very reasonable :)

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: October 18th, 2015, 12:54 am
by Melmo
Madja wrote:First of all I'm sorry if this is a common thing, but I noticed that the murloc pet 'Terky' has switched categories in the Pet Journal from 'Promotion' to 'Drop'. It also now states that it is looted from 'White Murloc Egg' where as previously it only said it was from 'iCoke Taiwan'. The 'Tiny Green Dragon', 'Tiny Red Dragon' and 'Poley' all still state that they're from iCoke.

My hope is that Blizzard is planning to re-introduce this pet, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and this kind of thing happens all the time?

What do you all think?


You were RIGHT Madja! You were the first person to alert me to this, now she is available!!! Go get your sweet little Murloc in Borean Tundra!!! :D viewtopic.php?t=15140

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: October 18th, 2015, 1:23 am
by Roisen
.... have any of the other pets changed how they are listed?

Should we be searching caves for them?

Re: Terky switched categories?

PostPosted: October 19th, 2015, 10:37 am
by Digem
Nice catch OP and now it is in game.
We have to pay attention to any other pets this happens to.
Then search are butts off.
Blue post even hints that this will happen again.