New 6.2.2 Rare Spawns

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
New 6.2.2 Rare Spawns

Post by Kel » September 1st, 2015, 2:11 pm

Anyone have any info on if we can get to some of these outdoor rare spawn mobs using Aviana's Feather if we don't have flying?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Flibbit
MVP
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: New 6.2.2 Rare Spawns

Post by Flibbit » September 1st, 2015, 3:26 pm

Yes, you can. But you'll have to fight your way around between them - the whole area is filled with lvl 100 elites (~780K hp).

The 3 named elites are always up (~3m respawn), but drop rate is not 100%. It *seems* (but I can't confirm) that you only get one shot per day on each.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 1st, 2015, 3:28 pm

Flibbit wrote: It *seems* (but I can't confirm) that you only get one shot per day on each.
Developer Jeremy Feasel [url=https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/638788474267639808]confirmed this on Twitter[/url] - You have a chance to get each pet once per day, per character.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Flibbit
MVP
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Flibbit » September 1st, 2015, 3:43 pm

Quintessence wrote:Developer Jeremy Feasel [url=https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/638788474267639808]confirmed this on Twitter[/url] - You have a chance to get each pet once per day, per character.
Thank you! This is what I needed to hear =) On to the alts!

Balrog
Top Rater
Pet Score:13825
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Balrog » September 1st, 2015, 4:13 pm

I'm looking to trade the Energized Manafiend from Rukdug for an Empowered Manafiend from Pugg. Add me as Balrog#1768 and we can make a deal.

Kel

Post by Kel » September 2nd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Thanks guys. I'm assuming we'll start seeing pre-made groups for these guys soon. just wanted to make sure I can get to them before joining a group.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » September 2nd, 2015, 12:29 pm

Is the loot individualized for these spawns? Or you roll for the pets when in a group?

I don't want to group roll for these. I rather stalk them patiently and wait for the right moment to tag them or to cleverly solo them with my Warlock lol.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » September 2nd, 2015, 12:49 pm

Beastlyserenity wrote:Is the loot individualized for these spawns? Or you roll for the pets when in a group?

I don't want to group roll for these. I rather stalk them patiently and wait for the right moment to tag them or to cleverly solo them with my Warlock lol.
It's personal loot, like with Tanaan (and all WoD?) rares. I couldn't kill them alone so I made a group with the group finder. Two people got the pet, I got an empowered baleful upgrade thing :| Oh yes and I was also in a normal group with a guild member with group loot and that was also personal.

They respawn pretty fast btw.

I wonder what the drop rate is. My friend got one from 6 attempts in total with 2 characters and I got none. And 2 drops from one rare in a group of 5. Doesn't seem too bad.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » September 2nd, 2015, 1:10 pm

All 3 are in northwest Nagrand in Highmaul very close to each other. If Horde, simply fly over your docks from your garrison and Nagrand is right there. Ignore the fatigue warning. You would have to AFK in it to die crossing it.

Pugg is in the arena against a low wall as soon as you come in on the right. Pugg is a warrior and uses melee attacks.

Rukdug is near the middle inside a hut guarded by 2 elite ogres. Rukdug is a mage and uses magic attacks.

Guk is off to the left rear in a hut similar to Rukdug guarded by 2 elite ogres. Guk is a warlock and uses magic attacks.

All 3 have a three minute respawn timer. All 3 can be fought without pulling additional adds rather easily. And, if you have WoD flight, you don't even have to fight the trash, you can divebomb behind the trash and engage the boss directly.

All 3 were trivial to solo for tanking classes or a hunter; very difficult for squishies and DPS without copious interrupts or self-heals (all my chars are >ilvl685). All 3 are global tagged, so it doesn't matter who hits it first or how much damage you do. Do at least 1 point of damage, or heal someone who has done damage for at least 1 point, and you will receive the drop(s).

You can kill each once per day per character for loot. The always drop gold and 125-175ish garrison resources. They have a small chance to drop the pet and, apparently, the apexis baleful upgrade item (only unusual drop I got in 27 kills).

27 kills, no pets. Me and my pal RNG go wayyyy back in our mutual hatred.
**update- +15ish more kills, 2 of the pet from Rukdug, so drop rate must not be too horrible.
**update2- Not that anyone actually cares, but on the 6th day of farming, Pugg finally dropped his. Got several of the other 2. So roughly 42ish kills not counting the ones that were mismarked as 'gold' (see later post).

Hope y'all are havin better luck.

-Gaht
Last edited by Gahtmilch on September 8th, 2015, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 2nd, 2015, 1:47 pm

Good writeup Gahtmilch! :) And I definitely recommend divebombing the ogres in the small rooms as the way to go as the elite trash mobs outside don't aggro as long as you stay in the center or back of the room during combat.

On the same note, for the Crashin' Thrashin toys, they pretty much work the same way, though from my experience the spawn timer seems a little bit longer. All 3 of those mobs were absurdly easy for a hunter to solo, much more than the ogres, and the trash around them isn't elite so they're more accessible.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406

Post by GrosBonda » September 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

30 kills yesterday and 1 pets

trivial to solo for tanking class as said , and for Hunter and Lock.
Note : even a 91 can loot , just wash out , since your perfume "fresh lowbie meat" will attract all the mobs around :) :roll:
going back at it today

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » September 2nd, 2015, 3:54 pm

guess I did okay, 12 kills yesterday got 3 Empyreals and 1 Energized. Camped just Pugg today and got my Empowered after 8 kills.

I can 2 box (2 separate accounts on 2 computers, PS I am no expert and I use no illegal software to run both) at the same time, I always had a hunter there (yes I have 5 level 100 hunters), and brought a 95 mage one time to see if he could loot, which he did get the gold and resources but did not get the pet. That being said, I really only killed them 6 times yesterday and 4 today, each kill resulted in looting twice. 2 of the Empyreals came from the same kill.

Just on a side note, I do love hunters, goes back to my days as a Beastmaster on Pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies, which I would very likely still be playing today if that game still existed. :roll: (NGE was an attempt to enhance SWG but for many it ruined the game, IE for me BM was removed from the game as not a core character)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Endaira
Pet Score:13757
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Endaira » September 2nd, 2015, 5:55 pm

So far I have killed everything on 4 toons, have received 1 pet and 2 toys so pretty happy!

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » September 3rd, 2015, 6:35 am

I'm looking to trade an Empyreal Manafiend for an Energized Manafiend
on Alliance Draenor, but also Horde Wildhammer

Feel free to add/pm
BeastofNight#1421

For those wondering the Empyreal Manafiend is different than Kirin'tor Familiar :-)
The Empyreal Manafiend is actually much bigger! And has all sorts of cool visual affects including a trail of mana it leaves when it walks. These manafiends are some of the best pets I've seen. A must for collectors.

Added a screenshot of the Empyreal with a biscuit to show the scale/actual size.

http://i.imgur.com/bXn6vkr.jpg

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » September 3rd, 2015, 8:39 am

Had a weird (irritating) situation yesterday where several of my alts were seeing the grey elites as "tapped" already (ie- they were unlootable gold elites) even though I had not logged on that character yet that day. Sometimes it was just one of them, on one character all three were 'gold'. Only one alt had all 3 lootable 'grey'.

So if you are not seeing them as "skulls on the map" when you arrive, double-check when you target them that their picture frames are grey, not gold. Otherwise, NO LOOT FOR U!

**update- Still seeing this on one char a day on average & now usually only one of the three elites. At least the frequency has dropped dramatically, but I'm still seeing it. It MIGHT be that I'm in a raid crossing Nagrand to get to Highmaul, and they kill that grey elite as I'm flying in (so I'm tagged as loot eligible) but the elite respawns before I actually arrive to be able to loot & is now "gold" for all further kills. Will update if I figure it out fer sure.

Another bug I hope gets resolved quickly...

Also,
Good writeup Gahtmilch! :) And I definitely recommend divebombing the ogres in the small rooms as the way to go as the elite trash mobs outside don't aggro as long as you stay in the center or back of the room during combat.
It should be mentioned that while you can do this (easily) to fight the boss(es) in the huts (Rukdug & Guk), you will still need to fight, at a minimum, the two door guard elites to leave unless you have stealth, hearth out, etc. You can run like hades, but they chase pretty far and there's lots of trash to add to the Benny Hill train if you are not careful (hint- run for the bridges/stairs). You can also mount up just under the threshold of the huts, but it's exactly at the aggro range for a L100 to the guards. Sometimes you get lucky, other times they reach you before you mount up.

-Gaht
Last edited by Gahtmilch on September 8th, 2015, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kel

Post by Kel » September 3rd, 2015, 4:45 pm

Well, I don't have flying, and I won't be getting flying for a long time, if ever. Have no real desire to go thru all that to get it, nor the playtime to invest in it. So I'll be looking for all the ways I can drop in using the feather, then hearth out. As long as that's a possibility, I'm good.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406

Post by GrosBonda » September 3rd, 2015, 7:20 pm

Kel wrote:Well, I don't have flying, and I won't be getting flying for a long time, if ever. Have no real desire to go thru all that to get it, nor the playtime to invest in it. So I'll be looking for all the ways I can drop in using the feather, then hearth out. As long as that's a possibility, I'm good.
kel hit me up i will fly you there when i can

Tay
Pet Score:8197
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Tay » September 3rd, 2015, 7:45 pm

A friend with a two seater (Sandstone Drake...etc) can fly you in and battle with you as well. These three are easier with a second person. But probably share the loot drop. However, if you go during highly populated times, there is usually someone there to join in.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 3rd, 2015, 7:57 pm

Tay wrote:A friend with a two seater (Sandstone Drake...etc) can fly you in and battle with you as well. These three are easier with a second person. But probably share the loot drop.
Loot from these guys is personal regardless of grouping or loot setting.

Kel

Post by Kel » September 4th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Tay wrote:. . . However, if you go during highly populated times, there is usually someone there to join in.
Yea, I tried checking it out last night on my server. Pugg was up, but I couldn't take him alone and no one was around to help. Oh well, I got the 3-day weekend to try farming these guys! 8-) #ElementalsForEverybody!!!!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington