How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wickedpriest
Top Rater
Posts: 10
Joined: March 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 5886
Realm: Scilla-US
Contact:

How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Wickedpriest » August 20th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Greetings!

I am confused. I updated my profile today and noticed in the top right hand corner it says I have collected 630 of 752. I was so happy, it took me forever to break 600 and now i'm working on 700.

Ok, so, I am thinking I need 122 more pets. I then click on the TOP 5 collectors and " Pure from Tarren Mill-Eu " whom is currently #1 on this site and it says he is 743/743. The numbers don't match and I don't know which one is correct.

So, are there 743 Pets? Or are there 752 pets? Admin's please help?!?

P.S. I love collecting the pets and I am so happy I hit 630 collected and a rating over 3500!!!

User avatar
Peanutty
Posts: 1334
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 6571
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Peanutty » August 20th, 2015, 1:44 pm

You're looking at the "Pets Collected" stat on their profile page, which is set by the player for their own collection and not by the site. It's the number of pets a player flags as Collected + Wanted. Pets flagged Excluded are not included in the total.

So for example my profile says 723/723. I have 100% of the pets I want BUT have 29 pets excluded.

The actual total is 752.

User avatar
Wickedpriest
Top Rater
Posts: 10
Joined: March 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 5886
Realm: Scilla-US
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Wickedpriest » August 20th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Peanutty wrote:You're looking at the "Pets Collected" stat on their profile page, which is set by the player for their own collection and not by the site. It's the number of pets a player flags as Collected + Wanted. Pets flagged Excluded are not included in the total.

So for example my profile says 723/723. I have 100% of the pets I want BUT have 29 pets excluded.

The actual total is 752.
Makes sense, thank you!!

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Posts: 554
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 6701
Realm: Lightbringer-EU
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Mehetabel » August 20th, 2015, 4:43 pm

I could be wrong but I think the 752 includes the promotional China-only pets? I would think most of us in the EU/US have those excluded so we don't have to look at them constantly! :roll: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Peanutty
Posts: 1334
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 6571
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Peanutty » August 20th, 2015, 7:27 pm

752 is the total number of currently available pets, regardless of the fact that some pets are restricted by region.

You can customize your collection to exclude pets by categories, i.e. "blizzcon exclusive," "non-EU server," "no longer available," if you don't like seeing pets that you can't obtain.

User avatar
Wickedpriest
Top Rater
Posts: 10
Joined: March 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 5886
Realm: Scilla-US
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Wickedpriest » August 21st, 2015, 8:26 am

Peanutty wrote:752 is the total number of currently available pets, regardless of the fact that some pets are restricted by region.

You can customize your collection to exclude pets by categories, i.e. "blizzcon exclusive," "non-EU server," "no longer available," if you don't like seeing pets that you can't obtain.
yeah, that would make more sense... so i don't go beating myself up over what I cant have... well, I saw some on eBay for $1,500 no thanks!

Thank you.

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Posts: 554
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 6701
Realm: Lightbringer-EU
Contact:

Re: How many Battle Pets are there, really?

Post by Mehetabel » August 22nd, 2015, 5:28 pm

Imtimm wrote:well, I saw some on eBay for $1,500 no thanks!
Mini Tyrael dare I say? He's on my "if I win the lotto" list :lol:
Image

Post Reply