WOW Legion

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Re: WOW Legion

Post by Darolyn » November 8th, 2015, 1:24 pm

I wouldn't mind increasing the level cap, as long as we got some good abilities out of it.

I figure, if they do decide to increase it, I have a little less than a year to save 700 or so of those +5 lvl stones from TJ pets. No need to pet battle, I'd just drop the stones.

Of course, I'm not max level on my current pets by far, but still, I don't think it's as big a deal as some people are thinking. We have SO many ways to get leveling stones...
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 8th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Despite there being little to no new pet battling information during this year's BlizzCon, I'm still satisfied and I'm eager to see what's in store for us once beta starts.

My pet battle wish list for Legion so far:
  • 1. Increase cap of total pets allowed in Pet Journal.
    2. Integrate BattlePet Breed ID into baseline journal (show current breed of pet and then list all possible available breeds for that pet).
    3. New Celestial Tournament-styled end game challenge. (keyword here being "end game".)
    4. Pet Breeding - keep it simple; breeding for vanity (think more varied skins and colors), not so much for battling. Example: Want a pink bunny? Cross a Hare and a Rabbit and just maybe...?!
I'm more in the "keep pet level cap at 25" camp. That doesn't mean I won't undergo the task if they do increase the max level, of course. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 8th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Melmo wrote:No!!!! For the love of god NO. The level cap at 25 is more than fine, it was hard enough to level what I have. Imagine if the cap was 30... much more experience would be needed for these later levels, it would prolly take at least one pandaren tamer per one level... 730 pets x 5 levels each?? Hold your tongue sir!!! :evil:
no it would be easy as stealing the lolipop...just do the menagerie daily and the level stones weekly every day till legion and you should have enough stones to level them all :)

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » November 8th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Avalee wrote:I hope no more reskins. Quality over quantity I'd say.
Quality = Shop

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » November 8th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Quintessence wrote:4. Pet Breeding
I hope this never happens cause people would breed fotm together to get even stronger ones....

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 8th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Quintessence wrote:2. Integrate BattlePet Breed ID into baseline journal (show current breed of pet and then list all possible available breeds for that pet).
Yes, please. It's so awkward, that you have to manage a own database for this, because you can't get this information ingame with their Lua API.
Quintessence wrote:3. New Celestial Tournament-styled end game challenge. (keyword here being "end game".)
That would be super cool, too. But I hope they would do a "smaller" version of it.
The last one was kind of exhausting for newcomers with too few 25s.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 8th, 2015, 6:06 pm

In July, Cory Stockton said that there would be no changes for Legion.

The relevant bit is about 4 minutes long. The URL is to the start of the relevant remarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... moY#t=1686

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » November 8th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting that interview.
The battle system seems robust as it stands now and adding another tier to 800+ pets would be a lot of work for them to balance across the board with little payout in the fun factor.
I'd like to see more variety in the types of pets and the things they do. I really like the pets with the unique effects and interactions with players and the environment.
I'd much rather catch 12 pets in the next expansion that each do something cool rather than 120 more beetles and rodents.

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » November 9th, 2015, 12:13 am

Quintessence wrote:Despite there being little to no new pet battling information during this year's BlizzCon, I'm still satisfied and I'm eager to see what's in store for us once beta starts.

My pet battle wish list for Legion so far:
  • 1. Increase cap of total pets allowed in Pet Journal.
    2. Integrate BattlePet Breed ID into baseline journal (show current breed of pet and then list all possible available breeds for that pet).
    3. New Celestial Tournament-styled end game challenge. (keyword here being "end game".)
    4. Pet Breeding - keep it simple; breeding for vanity (think more varied skins and colors), not so much for battling. Example: Want a pink bunny? Cross a Hare and a Rabbit and just maybe...?!
I'm more in the "keep pet level cap at 25" camp. That doesn't mean I won't undergo the task if they do increase the max level, of course. :P

I love these ideas, absolutely on my wish list! I'm not even finished leveling and upgrading what I have now, so a higher level cap for me is a big no lol. I breeding for new skins would be fantastic, and absolutely another tournament! :D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 9th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Mastr wrote:I'd much rather catch 12 pets in the next expansion that each do something cool rather than 120 more beetles and rodents.
SO MUCH THIS.

I'd like to see a breed "acknowledged" in the UI.
And "breed" stones maybe, not working on uniques? As one has said, it would probably be a random reroll. Otherwise there is a question about getting a breed not available another way.

To the other features, I'm rather conservative. While mentioned model multiplication for the sake of the numbers is not fancy, their "users" can at least have unique colouring. And I want to have a proper orange moth. :P

A green wisp plox.
Not that life spirit from the Vale, more like fel green, but not too yellowish either.
Some sinister abilities are also welcome.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Nephelle
Pet Score:13082
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Nephelle » November 11th, 2015, 10:55 am

With all the demons getting loose there are so many opportunities to add some mini versions of them instead of adding more moths :P
And wouldn't be about time to have a new pet family "demon" and move all from humanoid there?:D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 11th, 2015, 11:07 am

Nephelle wrote:And wouldn't be about time to have a new pet family "demon" and move all from humanoid there?:D
As long as they add the Floral and Holy too, but then there would be 13 types and a total change of the vulnerabilities :P

(I still don't get some resistances TBH.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Wolfblood
Pet Score:5513
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Wolfblood » November 16th, 2015, 10:31 pm

I'd love an achievement with a pet reward, for owning 700, 800 pets etc. I loved having those goals to work to when i first started. Made the collecting and catching feel somewhat more exciting and questlike.

Ranophan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7722
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Ranophan » November 17th, 2015, 7:09 am

Wolfblood wrote:I'd love an achievement with a pet reward, for owning 700, 800 pets etc. I loved having those goals to work to when i first started. Made the collecting and catching feel somewhat more exciting and questlike.
700 for sure but unless they add a lot of new pets certainly not 800... those achievements need to be possible without collector editions, store pets, TCG ones, etc...

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » November 17th, 2015, 7:56 am

The future of pets to me :

1. no breeding : I see too much issues and too much time to make it works without being awkward.
2. no lvl after 25.

What I would like :

Epic pets but not as you would imagine.
The way I see it is a new xp bar from blue to purple once your pet is lvl 25. So you have some lvling to do, but just to gain stat, not lvl. Maybe extend it to every quality (grey => white => green => blue => purple, only when they it 25 you can work on their quality, and can bypass it by quality stones), much like the followers xp system. You can't use +1-5 lvl stones (which some have in thousand every month) to bypass it.

And maybe add a weekly quest, in an end game Tournament and/or pvp battle who give one purple quality stone.

Add breed in the UI / change the pet mirror to... not break when you do anything...wouldn't hurt too

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 17th, 2015, 10:03 am

I hate to be the awful reminder of reality but -- the resources needed to add breeding or epic pets just aren't in the cards.

Please understand this is my *favorite* thing about World of Warcraft, hands down! But, we're in the merest minority. The tiniest minority, in fact.

Only 1.7% of players have Trunks. Only 2.6% of people have Celestial Family. *ALL* that development time has gone into a fraction of the playerbase and I'm absolutely positive that somewhere there was a discussion over development costs for future pet battle development that noticed these results and cut back.

We should be happy they add anything at all!! We really should be grateful and happy.

My guess is we will definitely see new wild pets and rare drops, also Raiding with Leashes IV and even V and VI eventually.

If we got another Celestial Tournament-style scenario I'd be OVER THE MOON with amazement and gratitude.

But be realistic. We pet battlers who go to these lengths for collecting, battling and pvp are a *miniscule* amount of their playerbase. Just be happy you get what you do get.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 17th, 2015, 10:13 am

Mastr wrote:I'd much rather catch 12 pets in the next expansion that each do something cool rather than 120 more beetles and rodents.
+1 !!! :D

While I enjoy the pet hunting aspect of things, it does get disappointing to grab a "new" pet and realize that is really just a reskin with no new abilities :(

I foresee more pets behind time gates this go round. New achievements or # of battles in the Isles or something along those lines. that wouldn't be too much to implement and stretches out the content.

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 22nd, 2015, 7:18 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19739974500 forum topic to create a new pet (please note that this is for fun and there are no promises made)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 23rd, 2015, 1:29 pm

There are some battle pets that has been datamined already: (from wowhead)
Enchanted Cauldron / Enchanted Water Bucket / Enchanted Torch - I have 3 Ideas about those 3, 1 - new pets for enchanters, 2- world pets that are found in Suramar, 3 - world pets found in Dalaran. My best guess is that they are found somewhere in dalaran either as world pets or in some interactive way like the sewer rat or the kirin tor familiar.

Emmigosa - We know that the blue dragonflight are found somewhere on the broken isles, so were gonnne get a 4th blue dragon.

Broot - I AM GROOT.

The other pets are:
Crispin
Bleakwater Cephalopod
Stormborne Whelpling
Fel Piglet
Plump Cephalopod
Nursery Spider
Nightwatch Swooper
Fetid Waveling

This lovely lil' nax has also been datamined, and it looks perfect as a price for RWL 4
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/november/mininaxx.jpg