Cinder Pup woes...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Re: Cinder Pup woes...

Post by Shashos » July 7th, 2015, 1:52 pm

Shoecup wrote:I'm starting to think you need a 675 ilvl character now as well.

The test:

2 alts, both around 670. Completed all the missions and didn't start any new ones. 11 missions each in the queue. Upgraded the 1st one to 675, checked to see available missions and got 1 of the new rare ones. 2nd alt, same thing, upgraded to 675 and then got the Cinder pup mission.

So what about my other 675+ toons? Apparently I have been getting the new rare missions, but seeing as how I didn't need them (1000 resources when I was already maxed), I most likely ignored/overlooked them. This is a link to ALL the 6.2 rare missions. They look like they are on a 1 week spawn time (similar to caches 2 week spawn time).

monstrous-menagerie

It's still RNG, but if this is similar to the cache, then it'll show up once a week.
Same happened to me just now. I hadn't seen a single one of the new 675 missions on my hunter since the patch, so I checked her iLevel just to be sure. It was only 670. I headed to Lion's Watch and upgraded some of the baleful items and got up to 676. Hearthed immediately back to my Garrison and lo and behold, Monstrous Menagerie was waiting for me on the mission table. It wasn't there before I upgraded my gear, only after.

My followers on my hunter have been sitting at 675 for months. If it's simply coincidence, then there are a heck of a lot of us experiencing such an elaborate alignment of the fates, hehe. :D

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 8th, 2015, 3:13 am

Merana wrote:How do all of you gear up your alts so fast? Normal/heroic raids?
Well fast is difficult unless you have massive resources to burn. It depends on how many ilvls you're trying to take them, a lot of the ones I took up first only needed 5-8 ilvl which isn't too horrible. It depends on how many you're taking up as well (and how many can contribute to boosting the others). I don't really want to give advice on how to do that here, not my place to do so. I will say that normal/heroic raids are probably the worst way to gear up your alt I can think of. I can't play most of my alts worth a damn and it takes entirely too long to do pug raids with the accompanying ragequits after every single setback.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » July 8th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Im sitting at 676 on my main toon. He has 16 675 followers (ive been too lazy to use the many upgrades I have stockpiled in the bank). None of the new missions have ever appeared.

I also have 11 other alts that are all 650+ ilvl, but all under 675 ilvl. They all have 3+ 675 followers and have never seen any of these new missions either.

I only have battleship capable shipyards on two toons tho. I havent done much quest-wise in the latest patch to know if that is the bottleneck or not.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » July 9th, 2015, 9:07 am

I too got to 675 ilevel and had a special mission pop up (the pvp token).

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 9th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Monkeygreen wrote:My main also has a level 2 shipyard. Would be interesting to know if the people with 675+ on their characters who haven't seen a 6.2 mission ALSO have not yet opened a shipyard, or not yet got it to level 2, see if that might be another 'hidden' requirement.
I can actually test this at some point. I've only opened the shipyard on two toons (don't have the time or inclination to mess with too many at the moment) out of uh... I don't know how many alts, to be honest. Lol. Several are just shy of 675, so I may have to check out the AH and see what I can boost them with.

Throatslit
MVP
Pet Score:13129
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Throatslit » July 10th, 2015, 1:59 am

Personally I have my main at iLevel 690, all active followers are also at iLevel 675. I have yet to see the Pet follower mission, however the very first afternoon of the Patch I did receive the mission that rewards the Coalfist Gronnling (very awesome!). I guess rare missions are rare?!

Wolfblood
Pet Score:5513
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Wolfblood » July 10th, 2015, 10:29 am

My main is pvp only. Their ilvl is on 673~, as I'm saving my conquest at the moment. But all of my 25 active followers are max ilevel. I've been getting the rare missions with those current stats.

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » July 10th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Anecdotal: I had three alts that were close, 668, 659, 658. Upon pushing the 668 to 675, no new missions were gained. Upon pushing the 659 to 675+, a mission was gained. Nothing for the 658. The difference was # of followers at 675. 659 had 11 at 675 already. Upon getting over 10 Followers at 675, the 668 gained a mission. Same with the 658.

Still no pet or mount. 2x Conquest/Honor items, 3x Heirloom Trinket, 1x GR reward since 6.2.

Dwarfman7
Top Rater
Pet Score:3622
Realm:Vashj-us

Post by Dwarfman7 » July 10th, 2015, 11:20 pm

I have an alt that has the Left Shark mission with ilvl of 623

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » July 11th, 2015, 1:12 am

Yeah. The Shipyard rare missions seem random. But there is certainly some item level or # of 675 follower requirement to get the new Garrison rare missions.

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » July 11th, 2015, 1:24 am

Nelaphim wrote:Anecdotal: I had three alts that were close, 668, 659, 658. Upon pushing the 668 to 675, no new missions were gained. Upon pushing the 659 to 675+, a mission was gained. Nothing for the 658. The difference was # of followers at 675. 659 had 11 at 675 already. Upon getting over 10 Followers at 675, the 668 gained a mission. Same with the 658.

Still no pet or mount. 2x Conquest/Honor items, 3x Heirloom Trinket, 1x GR reward since 6.2.
Hmm after reading this, I logged in a 665 ilvl toon that had 8 followers at 675. I pushed two more to 675 for a total of 10 followers and still didnt get any new mission.

Must be an additional trigger item. An Achievement maybe? Or a shipyard, that 665 hasnt done any 6.2 stuff. My main thats over 675 ilvl and has 15 active followers of that ilvl, has a level 2 shipyard, so I am not convinced its the shipyard.

I wonder if its a mission achievement? Perhaps the "The Rarer the Better" achievement? It requires 300 rare garrison missions to be completed. I dont have that one. I also dont have the "Exploration Mission Master" achievement. Those are the only two mission achievements I am missing. I also dont have Harrison Jones...

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » July 11th, 2015, 4:09 am

Moonie1 wrote:I wonder if its a mission achievement? Perhaps the "The Rarer the Better" achievement? It requires 300 rare garrison missions to be completed. I dont have that one. I also dont have the "Exploration Mission Master" achievement. Those are the only two mission achievements I am missing. I also dont have Harrison Jones...
No on both. I have Rarer on a few alts, but a few have been getting it the last few days but have for the last two weeks been getting cinder pup, gronnling mounts and more legion medallions than I know what to do with without having that one. Not a one has Exploration Mission master or Harrison Jones.

Reading some of the stuff though is interesting, I have some suspicions on what it might be now in addition to the ilvl, well I have two theories but only one I could test on my own... but with zero data but a lot of anecdotes (some from people who seem confused on what the new garrison missions even are or that there's more than just the pet there) and no alt lvl 100 of my own left capable of testing it it will take a while to test as I level another one. It would be strange... there's precedence for char ilvl for missions from the 6.1 additions no one ever remembers, but requiring a totally different progress in the garrison would be new, and a bit odd.

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » July 11th, 2015, 7:23 am

Maybe once you hit 675 character ilvl, each time you push a follower to 675 there is a chance for the new missions to unlock? I guess I will start pushing more followers to 675 on my main toon one at a time and see what happens.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 11th, 2015, 8:02 am

I'm still in the same boat as Moonie1 as well (still no rare 675 missions...a lot of regular 675 ones though), though all 25 of my followers are ilvl 675 (plus a lot of my deactivated ones). I guess I should pour through my achieves and see if something jumps out at me from the missing ones.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » July 11th, 2015, 6:04 pm

So latest update: I pushed all my active followers to 675. I now have 27 followers at 675. I pushed 12 more today and checked my missions as each one hit 675. I also got off my butt and got Garona and bumped my character up 2 ilvls as well, to wearing ilvl 678. Nothing new has appeared.

From what was posted by others, I will assume the shipyard has nothing to do with triggering these missions and will omit it from here on out.

Alt #1 - ilvl 658, pushed 5 more followers to 675 for a total of 10. No new mission.
Alt #2 - ilvl 664, pushed 5 more followers to 675 for a total of 10. No new mission.
Alt #3 - ilvl 667, pushed 6 more followers to 675 for a total of 10. No new mission.
Last edited by Moonie1 on July 12th, 2015, 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 11th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Guess I'll throw some anecdata (I like that word now. :p ) out there too.

My "main" is iLevel 681/684.
54 total followers.
18 followers at 675 iLevel.

I've gotten the Elixir of Rapid Mind (Arakkoa Ancestry) mission twice. That's the only new rare mission I've seen. The rest of my toons are sitting on 670±, but not breaking 675, and they all have 25, or more, followers at 675 iLevel. They have not had any of the new rare missions pop for them. So I'm going to wager that the number of followers at that iLevel, if it means anything at all, isn't going to require more than my 18. Shoot, even Monkey's data suggests that has nothing to do with it.

edit: In addition, I haven't had to push any followers to force pop these missions, they were there on reset when I logged in. I'm just annoyed that I got the same one. >:(