Darkmoon Rabbit

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us
Darkmoon Rabbit

Post by Salus » July 5th, 2015, 9:44 am

The rabbit is currently bugged. First person to loot the corpse gets it (regardless of loot setting). Blizzard seems to have attempted to change to personal loot (?) but forgot to actually test the changes.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit

Post by Topaz » July 5th, 2015, 9:54 am

A friend of mine said the same person looted the rabbit on both groups even tough it was on group loot and he wasnt even the leader. Guess its a week off from rabbit hunting this month.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 5th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Glad I read about this here before doing it this week! I can definitely confirm this being bugged. I wasn't lead in my group and loot was set properly but I didn't want to take my chances with both a bug and a random raid leader, so I began trying to loot when the rabbit was at 1%. When it died It looted the pet to me without a roll, so I had the group /roll and traded to the person who'd won it.

Salus

Post by Salus » August 2nd, 2015, 3:12 am

This is still FFA for August. Loot-a-rang seems to be the best bet.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think the current WoW team hasn't got a clue.

Desi
Pet Score:5590
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Desi » August 3rd, 2015, 4:56 am

Bizarre. You think this would have been patched by now.

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » August 3rd, 2015, 9:41 am

I love this bug. 3 rabbit kills, 2 rabbits so far this week. Stop dps'ing and throw your loot-a-rang right before it dies.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 6th, 2015, 10:26 am

Beave wrote:I love this bug. 3 rabbit kills, 2 rabbits so far this week. Stop dps'ing and throw your loot-a-rang right before it dies.
What you are suggesting and doing is really helpful for the community.
Just love people that makes things worse than they already are

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » August 6th, 2015, 3:57 pm

Beave wrote:I love this bug. 3 rabbit kills, 2 rabbits so far this week. Stop dps'ing and throw your loot-a-rang right before it dies.
Peanutty wrote:Glad I read about this here before doing it this week! I can definitely confirm this being bugged. I wasn't lead in my group and loot was set properly but I didn't want to take my chances with both a bug and a random raid leader, so I began trying to loot when the rabbit was at 1%. When it died It looted the pet to me without a roll, so I had the group /roll and traded to the person who'd won it.
I really like what Peanutty is doing. It's fair to everyone who helped with the kill to have a chance at the rabbit, and I think more people should follow this guideline... exploiting a bug is pretty selfish and horrible sportsmanship, imo.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 6th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Knowingly enough you're selling these on the AH but I know that you often trade through this site, I hope everyone takes notice of your post and opts not to deal with you any further because frankly that's scummy thing to do.

Topaz

Post by Topaz » September 8th, 2015, 5:08 am

The rabbit has been changed to personal loot now and can drop 1-5 rabbits, the bigger the party the more rabbits drop. I suggest (for EU realms) you check all the languge server boxes (lapin is the french word for rabbit btw), I managed killing almost 10 this morning, altough I got none.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 8th, 2015, 7:20 am

Topaz wrote:The rabbit has been changed to personal loot now and can drop 1-5 rabbits, the bigger the party the more rabbits drop. I suggest (for EU realms) you check all the languge server boxes (lapin is the french word for rabbit btw), I managed killing almost 10 this morning, altough I got none.
Is that something specific to the rabbit? Personal loot usually means [0 to size_of_the_raid] can drop. So a raid of 25 peeps could drop 0-25 normally.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Topaz

Post by Topaz » September 8th, 2015, 8:31 am

Ive yet to see it drop 0, even at small parties of 5, in which he always droped 1. this can be tested by soloing it (didnt find him 1st even once since sunday) and seeing if anything drops. I was at 2 raid groups of over 30 and only 5 droped on both times, so it can be that ppl were unlucky, or that it have a max capacity.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 8th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Just checking to make sure. Sounds like the regular personal loot system then where you can have any number of drops from 0 to the size of your group. They usually tune it so that you get a certain amount of drops per group on average (3-5x is the norm depending on the raid size and content). I thought you meant a blue had posted or tweeted about a new loot system for the rabbit.

In practice you will rarely ever if at all see 0 items drop (or 25-40 for that matter), but there is always the (extremely low) chance.

Salus

Post by Salus » September 9th, 2015, 6:13 am

18 people, personal loot - 0 bunnies. I think it's working properly now.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 9th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Salus wrote:18 people, personal loot - 0 bunnies. I think it's working properly now.
Sorry, I jinxed you! :(