Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
New Garrison Vendor Pets...

Post by Jaladar » June 24th, 2015, 8:19 am

Have multiple breeds??? Am I the only one this drives crazy. With the cost of these pets not being exactly cheap when it comes to pet charms when you factor in all they can be used for and the RNG factor of what breed you may get when you buy a pet, this blows IMO. I leveled one to 25 yesterday already, but I finally had a chance to look at the breeds and this is just annoying.

/end rant

Jal

**Edit--ok luckily the [pet]Lost Netherpup[/pet] (most expensive) has only 1 breed it appears so that softens the blow somewhat, but the [pet]Glowing Sporebat[/pet], [pet]Dusty Sporewing[/pet], and [pet]Bloodthorn Hatchling[/pet] all have multiple breeds.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Re: New Garrison Vendor Pets...

Post by Khorah » June 24th, 2015, 8:51 am

I bought a 2nd and was very surprised by this..
ah well.. guess they want us to have something to spend charms on :shock:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 24th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Yes, they do, and I only realized it after I started leveling one of the pets. :(

I went back and got another Glowing Sporebat and Dusty Sporewing (I had enough tokens to buy every item, twice over lol) and thankfully got the breed I wanted on that try.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » June 24th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Is there a list yet of the breeds for these pets? I know even Breedid wasn't up to speed yesterday.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » June 24th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Is there a list yet of the breeds for these pets? I know even Breedid wasn't up to speed yesterday.
I believe it was updated earlier today, and if you look at the individual pet pages here the breeds are there but you have to click through each pets breeds to see whats available.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » June 27th, 2015, 3:33 pm

The breeds are not that important since those pets are allready available by catching wild ones, they come (sadly enough) even with the same possible breeds. If I am not wrong (not ingame atm) there is no really new pet with different breeds from that vendor that couldnt be get via some tries in the wild rather then for the marks, just new names.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 27th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Spary wrote:The breeds are not that important since those pets are allready available by catching wild ones, they come (sadly enough) even with the same possible breeds. If I am not wrong (not ingame atm) there is no really new pet with different breeds from that vendor that couldnt be get via some tries in the wild rather then for the marks, just new names.
Yes and no. I think some of us get nitpicky about each and every pet, even if we have all the movesets and breeds covered. I admit I'll sometimes chose a breed to match the name I'm giving the pet, so yes it does matter to me, even if it doesn't affect my gameplay overall.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 30th, 2015, 9:52 am

It's discoveries like this that make me very glad I don't care about the breed of my pets! :roll:

As long as they are rare and level 25 I'm happy! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420