Graves source revealed. Is this bad?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Graves source revealed. Is this bad?

Post by Luciandk » May 9th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Made it to almost lvl 10 together with Merana. Seems theres a limit on 2.25 million xp per day while in training or coop mode.

You have to go in full pvp to continue to earn xp. Did a single pvp battle to push lvl 10. Man, that was a long one, won with the edges of the nails.

Had enough gold to buy another hero, Tychus, and I decided the heck and bought Sgt Hammer for cash and will try them out tomorrow.

Will probably take 3-4 days to reach lvl 20, if shooting for the non pvp xp cap.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » May 9th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Just played for like 3 hours, got 3 levels (from level 10 to 13) in Practice mode with 2 other friends. You get a +50% xp bonus for being grouped with a friend. We only played against the computer, so no hassles from other players. :)

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Sile9 » May 9th, 2015, 6:14 pm

Thanks, Kpb321! Now that I have a break this is a good opportunity to get this done.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 10th, 2015, 5:11 am

Just played for a couple of hours to see what it's like. I hate it. Seems like it will take many, many hours to get level 20 too, not just a couple of hours like the Hearthstone mount. :(

Will have to seriously think about whether this pet is worth a whole weekend playing a game I don't enjoy at all.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 10th, 2015, 5:46 am

Graven wrote:Just played for a couple of hours to see what it's like. I hate it. Seems like it will take many, many hours to get level 20 too, not just a couple of hours like the Hearthstone mount. :(

Will have to seriously think about whether this pet is worth a whole weekend playing a game I don't enjoy at all.
Being halfway there myself, I thinking this will cause Graves to be fairly exclusive, due to the effort needed to obtain it. But I could see motivation for it hike up, due to how well designed it is for pet battles. While the breed is not known yet, its statpoints appears to be geared towards super low speed. Perfect for undead. Meaning plenty of points for health and power. Which would make its 2 aoe hitters super powerful. Bonestorm and Grave Destruction. As Graves can field them BOTH at once.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 10th, 2015, 8:37 am

Seems the exp cap resets 24 hours after you reached it, when doing practice or coop modes. So ive had to go in pvp modes. But you still get decent amount of xp for a defeat, about 2/3 of a win.

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » May 10th, 2015, 8:50 am

Hmm practice mode forgot that was there, that might be better source then quick matches, (50k for lose, and 100k for win)
11-12 was already 600k, so think 20 is long grind hope they bring it down to level 10 ;)

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 10th, 2015, 9:34 am

Palatank wrote:Hmm practice mode forgot that was there, that might be better source then quick matches, (50k for lose, and 100k for win)
11-12 was already 600k, so think 20 is long grind hope they bring it down to level 10 ;)
Dont forget about stimpacks, which is +100% exp, and playing with a friend adds another 50%

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 10th, 2015, 11:08 am

Found an useful page showing the xp needed per level
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/15007160886

You get 100k for a win, 50k for a loss.
Stimpack adds 100%
Friend bonus adds 50%.

So you get about 225k per win with both enabled

Coop and training have an exp cap of 2.25 million. So with both bonuses, you can have a min of 10 successful coop games per 24 hours to reach the exp cap.

Edit: Hrm, does seem you get more xp as you level.
Ive had 2 pvp matches. First gave me 329k on a win. Second gave me 225k on a loss. Both was with having a stimpack active.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 10th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Luciandk wrote:Found an useful page showing the xp needed per level
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/15007160886

You get 100k for a win, 50k for a loss.
Stimpack adds 100%
Friend bonus adds 50%.

So you get about 225k per win with both enabled
I'm getting 49k per win... EVERY TIME.. No stimpack, solo play.
I haven't lost yet, so no idea, how much that yield..

Does anyone know WHO to remove that top left window?

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 10th, 2015, 4:29 pm

That one appears in all training matches, as its for training. Play coop, which is players against bots.

Edit: Pushed level 14, that has to be enough for tonight. Getting closer. Azmodan is a fun hero to play.

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » May 10th, 2015, 11:18 pm

I've been at it for the last day or two and sort of have mixed feelings. I tried Co-Op to start and was berated pretty badly (its been a long time since someone called me a shit bag lol) but practice mode is moderately fun. I imagine I'll get to level 20 and that will be that for this game.

The things we go through for a pet :mrgreen:

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » May 11th, 2015, 3:43 am

calculate that for me if want it done before 02-june (storm release day) ill need 200k a day that easy doable

more the qq in chat that group up with nubs, im just informing them i'm purely doing this for a wow pet, help a bit but not much

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » May 11th, 2015, 10:04 am

Luciandk wrote:That one appears in all training matches, as its for training. Play coop, which is players against bots.

Edit: Pushed level 14, that has to be enough for tonight. Getting closer. Azmodan is a fun hero to play.
And how do I play Coop? When I select ANY playstyle (except practice) The Ready-Button is greyed out and MouseOver says "Your selected Hero have not been earned"...

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 11th, 2015, 10:29 am

The "free" heroes are on a rotating basis. You can buy a hero with gold or $ to unlock it permanently. I'd assume you just need to select a different hero and pick one of the currently free heroes.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » May 11th, 2015, 10:33 am

Kpb321 wrote:The "free" heroes are on a rotating basis. You can buy a hero with gold or $ to unlock it permanently. I'd assume you just need to select a different hero and pick one of the currently free heroes.
Isn't Raynor permanent? I've had him since Alpha and he's the only one I have played.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 11th, 2015, 2:55 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Kpb321 wrote:The "free" heroes are on a rotating basis. You can buy a hero with gold or $ to unlock it permanently. I'd assume you just need to select a different hero and pick one of the currently free heroes.
Isn't Raynor permanent? I've had him since Alpha and he's the only one I have played.
Had to buy him for 2000gold as he wasnt part of the free rotation.
Getting there, lvl 16 now.

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » May 11th, 2015, 3:07 pm

Raynor is one of six heroes that can be purchased for 2k gold (others cost more). After I purchased Raynor I was able to use him in Versus AI.

So far I've leveled 6 heroes to level 4 and my character profile is on level 9. At hero level 4 all their Abilities and Talents are unlocked.

What I've noticed is that in Training or Versus AI you get about 50k xp (with no bonuses) for a win for every 10 minutes of game time. If you are idle for a minute or two in a Training game, the game will exit without giving any xp.

Assuming the XP Table at http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Experience is correct and you only play in Training or Versus AI games (not queuing with a friend), it will take about 8 hours to get to level 10 and another 13 hours (with the Stimpack) to get to level 20 (player profile). Getting a hero to level 20 takes a lot longer.

The Custom Games with AI don't give any XP.
Last edited by Caega on May 12th, 2015, 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 11th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Caega wrote:Raynor is one of six heroes that can be purchased for 2k gold (others cost more). After I purchased Raynor I was able to use him in Coop.

So far I've leveled 6 heroes to level 4 and my character profile is on level 9. At hero level 4 all their abilities and attributes are unlocked.

What I've noticed is that in Training or Coop you get about 50k xp (with no bonuses) for a win for every 10 minutes of game time. If you are idle for a minute or two in a Training game, the game will exit without giving any xp.

Assuming the XP Table at http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Experience is correct and you only play in Training or Coop games (not queuing with a friend), it will take about 8 hours to get to level 10 and another 13 hours (with the Stimpack) to get to level 20 (player profile). Getting a hero to level 20 takes a lot longer.

The Custom games with AI don't give any XP.
Heroes have a cap of 10 levels.