Graves source revealed. Is this bad?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Graves source revealed. Is this bad?

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2015, 8:39 am

Dakaf wrote:I've been playing a lot as of late. I'm up to level 23 now! I think there's a special award for getting to 25 during beta, so I'm going to at least hit that mark.

As bad as it sounds, my favorites so far are Muradin, Thrall and Murky! That little murloc is hilarious when he dies!
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/219777/what-are-the-hidden-portraits-in-heroes-of-the-storm

Theres special portraits for having reached level 40 during the alpha. As well lvl 40 during the beta. Personally I dig the blizzcon portrait and the digital nexus horse mount you got with it.

Edit:
Battle.net announces global play is now available in Heroes of the Storm. This may sound like all players are now in one pool regardless of region, but it actually represents the ability to switch to a different region. This actually remains quite separate, as purchases and experience do not transfer between regions, but they note that this does give players the ability to play the game while the servers for their home territories are down for maintenance. They also note that players who play in a region where a new patch is available will receive the update, and will then be unable to play in their home territory until it is patched to the new version.

Abarerinn
Pet Score:7949
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Abarerinn » May 23rd, 2015, 2:18 pm

FuxieDK wrote:Are there no EU players who want to team up for Graves?
Sure, add me Rinn#2368 :)

Dreamshard
Pet Score:8360
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Dreamshard » May 23rd, 2015, 11:01 pm

im downloading it now and don't have any friends if someone is looking for a person to play this with

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 24th, 2015, 9:22 pm

Luciandk wrote:
Theres special portraits for having reached level 40 during the alpha. As well lvl 40 during the beta. Personally I dig the blizzcon portrait and the digital nexus horse mount you got with it.
Darn, I don't think I'll be able to make it to 40 in a week and a half! I do plan on continuing playing it though. It's a nice little break from grinding away on WoW at times.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 25th, 2015, 5:28 am

Next week hots releases, and we should be getting Graves. You folks getitng to the 20s?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 28th, 2015, 8:50 am

Luciandk wrote:Next week hots releases, and we should be getting Graves. You folks getitng to the 20s?
High 12 or low 13 now...

It takes FOREVER to level, even with stimpack..
I only have found two EU players in hete, and they don't play at same times as me, so I'm loosing out on XP..

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » May 28th, 2015, 10:23 am

at 22 now and still going, just started when it went open beta last week. i never would have played it if there wasn't a warcraft battle pet involved, but of course Blizzard knew that. ;)

i bought the $4.99 starter pack, i was just going to buy a stimpack (+100%xp +150% gold for 7 days), but the starter pack has a stimpack plus 3 heroes for only a couple dollars more. at level 5 or 10 you get a 7-day stimpack free too.

as has been mentioned, each week 7 heroes are free to play. i have been playing each to level 5, you get 500 gold and some play time with each character to see if you like it. i tend to go for ranged damage and healers (like i do in WoW), but the tanks (warriors) generally have a fun CC and/or escape ability so i like those too.

before i play a hero, i look it up on [url=http://www.heroesnexus.com]heroesnexus.com[/url]. it's a curse site, same people do hearthpwn and diablofans, i use those 2 sites a lot too. also i read [url=http://blizzardwatch.com]blizzardwatch[/url] every day, it used to be WowInsider, but now they do all blizzard games.

then i always watch a youtube video for the hero by [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/MFPallytime/videos]MFPallytime.[/url] He's great. he plays one whole Quick Match (full pvp) with the hero, and explains the play style and how he is speccing it. also he is an AMAZING play-by-play guy, while he is playing. He talks about about his team's comp and the opponents', and what he expects the opposing players might do. he also has incredible map awareness, so besides learning the character you get an idea about how the mechanics of each map should work.

then i usually play one game on tutorial, which is a good way to get a hang of the basics. tutorial mode pauses the game when you are choosing a new talent, which is nice. after that, straight into Quick Match for me, unless i have a daily quest that i need wins for (vs AI is near 100% wins, quick match closer to 50%).

So i think i will keep playing, even though i already have enough for Graves. and if they have a pet for Overwatch, i'll see you in the thread for that :mrgreen:

tl;dr: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/MFPallytime/videos]MFPallytime.[/url]
Last edited by Shakesbeard on May 28th, 2015, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Sleepysam » May 28th, 2015, 11:16 am

Shakesbeard wrote:at 22 now and still going, just started when it went open beta last week. i never would have played it if there wasn't a warcraft battle pet involved, but of course Blizzard knew that. ;)

i bought the $4.99 starter pack, i was just going to buy a stimpack (+100%xp +150% gold for 7 days), but the starter pack has a stimpack plus 3 heroes for only a couple dollars more. at level 5 or 10 you get a 7-day stimpack free too.

as has been mentioned, each week 7 heroes are free to play. i have been playing each to level 5, you get 500 gold and some play time with each character to see if you like it. i tend to go for ranged damage and healers (like i do in WoW), but the tanks (warriors) generally have a fun CC and/or escape ability so i like those too.

before i play a hero, i look it up on [url=http://www.heroesnexus.com]heroesnexus.com[/url]. it's a curse site, same people do hearthpwn and diablofans, i use those 2 sites a lot too. also i read [url=http://blizzardwatch.com]blizzardwatch[/url] every day, it used to be WowInsider, but now they do all blizzard games.

then i always watch a youtube video for the hero by [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/MFPallytime/videos]MFPallytime.[/url] He's great. he plays one whole Quick Match (full pvp) with the hero, and explains the play style and how he is speccing it. also he is an AMAZING play-by-play guy, while he is playing. He talks about about his team's comp and the opponents', and what he expects the opposing players might do. he also has incredible map awareness, so besides learning the character you get an idea about how the mechanics of each map should work.

then i usually play one game on tutorial, which is a good way to get a hang of the basics. tutorial mode pauses the game when you are choosing a new talent, which is nice. after that, straight into Quick Match for me, unless i have a daily quest that i need wins for (vs AI is near 100% wins, quick match closer to 50%).

So i think i will keep playing, even though i already have enough wins for Graves. and if they have a pet for Overwatch, i'll see you in the thread for that :mrgreen:

tl;dr: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/MFPallytime/videos]MFPallytime.[/url]
Very helpful - thanks. I've been tinkering with the ranged dps dude from SC I think.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » May 31st, 2015, 1:16 am

Shakesbeard I'm also having a ton of fun playing heroes.
I'm pretty awful but I'm having great fun.
Thanks for the tips

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 1st, 2015, 5:24 pm

Past midnight here and the uk launch event is long over. But it doesnt appear to have gone live yet. No achievement in WoW, and my bnet account still says beta for Hots. So it will probably flip over sometime tonight.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 1st, 2015, 10:44 pm

Level 19, with 175k xp to go until level 20. My free Stimpack from level 10 expires roughly when I get off fro work today.
Hopefully, I can just squeeze in one battle with bonus and I'll make level 20..

I cannot wait for my pet.. Today will, most likely, also be the last time I ever start that game....

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » June 2nd, 2015, 1:43 am

Graves is a 6.2 pet so we'll have to wait until 6.2 goes live and Graves is in the game before we can get the pet.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 2nd, 2015, 1:44 am

Caega wrote:Graves is a 6.2 pet so we'll have to wait until 6.2 goes live and Graves is in the game before we can get the pet.
Thats not true, as Graves is in the journal.

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » June 2nd, 2015, 1:55 am

Here's the 6.2 PTR article that mentions Graves:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=247423/6-2- ... et-preview

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 2nd, 2015, 1:58 am

For those (in the Americas region) that are still working on leveling for Graves, there will be an XP bonus from June 2 through June 9.

25% XP boost! Get your games in this week and gl :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 2nd, 2015, 2:28 am

Caega wrote:Here's the 6.2 PTR article that mentions Graves:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=247423/6-2- ... et-preview
Graves was present in the journal since 6.1, but noone knew how he was obtained. And thats not an official blizzard preview.

The official preview does not show Graves: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/191669 ... -5-19-2015

So I still hold on that we could see it today. Appearently still 30 mins till it turns the 2nd in california.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 2nd, 2015, 4:22 am

Had a blizzard reply:

Gamemaster Fenhjray at your service! How are you today?

I write you as you contacted us about the issue with HotS and the Graves Pet.

Heroes is live already, but there is unfortunately a small problem with the pet, if you have reached lvl 20 before already. No worries though, you will get the pet, but it will take til tomorrow evening (if all goes well), before you can access the Grave Golem Pet.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, but again - it is just a matter of time now.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » June 2nd, 2015, 7:26 am

Aww maaan. I was looking forward to the mount in HotS more than the pet actually and that one isn't available yet either. Sad times!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 2nd, 2015, 9:57 am

Appearently hots havent launched officially yet. Just had a livechat with a GM on eu side. Saying that hots is expected to launch officially at 11pm european time. Its just about 5pm here now.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » June 2nd, 2015, 10:12 am

Is he just going to appear in our journal once the game "officially" launches at its launch time today? I have my level 20 - can't wait to grab the pet!