I need help getting my Red Cricket

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cheaptoad
Pet Score:4199
Realm:Madoran-us
I need help getting my Red Cricket

Post by Cheaptoad » May 2nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

Does anyone have ANY helpful tips on the best areas to find lovely apples. Sometime I search for 20 minutes near Halfhills and find nothing. I have 2 in two days.

I've adjusted the game to ultra to better see the mounts from flying overhead. It help but apparently not enough

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: I need help getting my Red Cricket

Post by Ranok » May 2nd, 2015, 7:02 pm

Are you not seeing any dirt mounds, or is it that the Lovely Apple drops from them are really rare ?

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » May 2nd, 2015, 7:05 pm

I believe there is a list of waypoints for the dirt pile spawns. You can download Tom Tom and Paste then use this set up to fly around looking for dirt. As for getting lovely apples specifically, I pretty sure it's random and no one place to farm for just apple spawns.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » May 2nd, 2015, 7:18 pm

If the mounds of Dark Soil are still popping with same frequency as I remember from the pre-Dreanor days, shouldn't be too hard to get to Best Friends with Sho. Give her everything you're getting from the dirt piles. Admittedly 40% less rep from things other than the apples, but it adds up fast.

Also hit other zones besides Valley of 4 Winds. I almost always saw 2 or 3 dirt piles in Jade Temple Grounds, for example.

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » May 2nd, 2015, 8:56 pm

Have you tried the addon called Dark Soil? It's an absolute life saver, and basically shows all soil spawn points on your mini map. It works as part of TomTom but you don't have to deal with all the copy / pasting and has it own settings, etc. Helped me finish all the Tillers relationships in a few days.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » May 2nd, 2015, 11:11 pm

If you wait until the Darkmoon Faire opens, buy some tickets and hop on the carousel. 10% bonus rep gain from the buff.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » May 3rd, 2015, 4:47 am

I have to say thanks OP for asking this question, I was originally stuck with trying to be BFFs with Sho that I didn't know how to start. I found that if you spend about about 30 mins collecting all the dark soils around the little farming area (not the one at halfhill, but the one where Haohan Mudclaw lives, that general area) you can pick up all of what you need and more in just 2 runs.

Meaning if you spend 30 mins grabbing them all, then log and come back in a while so they respawn and pick them up all again. I did this and went from like strangers with Sho to BFFs, having the Darkmoon buff helps also. I didn't realize how easy this pet was to get! So thanks again for asking the question, and trust me its easy and sorta fun!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 3rd, 2015, 6:13 am

I haven't tried this, but would server-hopping help? There are often custom groups in the group finder just to allow people to jump onto a different server for a while.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » May 3rd, 2015, 6:32 am

Graven wrote:I haven't tried this, but would server-hopping help? There are often custom groups in the group finder just to allow people to jump onto a different server for a while.
I would imagine so, as I am on a small server and had nobody around when I grabbed as many as I did.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 3rd, 2015, 6:10 pm

f you have trouble seeing the dirt piles, turn down the ground clutter setting in system-graphics. Much easier to see. :mrgreen:

Sleepysam
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Sleepysam » May 7th, 2015, 2:33 pm

finished my red cricket - server hop was key. Is there any value in grinding 2 more red crickets through alts?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 8th, 2015, 4:34 am

Sleepysam wrote:finished my red cricket - server hop was key. Is there any value in grinding 2 more red crickets through alts?
I only have one fight that use Red Cricket: The guys just south of Klaxxi-hub in Dreadwaste, so I have never missed having more than one..