What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Mairin » October 12th, 2012, 4:23 am

Since finally getting the crimson whelp and my rare scourged whelp and giraffe my new irritant is the fledgling nether ray. Yesterday I actually managed to come across a rare...and crit it to death :( Fortunately it was accompanied by a L19 (20) rare mouse and my rare mouse was only L3 so took a LITTLE of sting out of it. That silly thing will be mine though...

Tantalus00
Pet Score:1662
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Tantalus00 » October 12th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Minfernals are the bane of my collection... The CRZ prevents me from attaining one and I've killed the infernals so much, I have 16 stacks of felcloth... FML!

Dragonling
Top Rater
Pet Score:2160
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Dragonling » October 12th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I can't seem to get a sandstorm to pop up in the hives of Tanaris to capture a Silithid Hatchling. :(

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » October 12th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Dragonling wrote:I can't seem to get a sandstorm to pop up in the hives of Tanaris to capture a Silithid Hatchling. :(
I had this problem for most of the week, then yesterday there were three separate storms and no spawns. :cry:

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » October 13th, 2012, 4:34 am

Adashiel wrote:
Dragonling wrote:I can't seem to get a sandstorm to pop up in the hives of Tanaris to capture a Silithid Hatchling. :(
I had this problem for most of the week, then yesterday there were three separate storms and no spawns. :cry:
I had a mixed version of this yesterday. First storm on (let's call it) server A yielded absolutely nothing in either hive. Second storm on server B (later that day) had EVERY spawn up in both hives and with noone about I figured I'd go for my rare again with no luck whatsoever. In fairness I did get a rare arctic kit and (after the restart) a rare fel flame yesterday so I think going through so many silithids with no luck yet again was the world's attempt at balance ;)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » October 14th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Fox kit was my first, I farmed it a couple hours every day going into the thousands of poor foxes slaughtered. Then one day I got it! I was so happy and excited, I made it my main pet to stay by my side...I had decided that!. After coming abck from making a warm drink I browse on MMO-Champ and yes, one hour after catching it, it was announced to be able to be bought with all my Tol-Barad marks sitting gathering dust.....it was a sad day :P

To this point my only other major pet issue is the scourged whelp, other then the two seasonal pets it's all I'm waiting on for my Zookeeper title :)

Slambert
Pet Score:2983
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Slambert » October 14th, 2012, 4:13 pm

The baby ape!!! It's the only one left that is currently available for my safari, I have 4 alts on different servers/CRS's parked on that island and it never rains!! hehe, it has a seperate rain timer/CRS than the rest of stranglethorn, so even if its raining in STV its probably not on the island. I even eye of kilroged over to the island while it was raining in STV and saw it raining on the island, but the moment you step foot over there POOF it goes away hehe.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » October 15th, 2012, 6:44 am

took me a loooong time to find a scourged whelpling for my NR safari, now I'm on the lookout for the Baby ape as well.

Perbrethil
MVP
Pet Score:4148
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Perbrethil » October 15th, 2012, 7:24 am

It used to be the fox kit and it still eludes me to this day, i just can't find the energy to get the amount of tol barad tokens it now costs, plus i'm in doubt to get the mount too ;) i just have to get myself to work on that, should be fairly easy with lvl 90 hc gear, haven't tried it :lol:

But as wild pets are concerned, the total lack of rain on jaguaro isle i have on my server should've turned it to a desert, and still no monkey for me :(

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » October 15th, 2012, 8:12 am

I just got really lucky with the Baby Ape. My roommate was doing some pet battles in Northern Stranglethorn and I mentioned to him the rarity of the little guy. He flew down there, but it wasn't raining. I went back to leveling my death knight, hit 88 and hearthed back to smelt some ghost iron for transmutes on my alchemist. I queued up a bunch and went to check on his pet battles and saw him fighting a baby ape! I immediately (after reprimanding him for not telling me it started raining) flew down there to grab one. I got there just in time, as when I started the battle the sun came back out. I managed to snag the one I was fighting (common), but there were no more left afterwards. It probably rained for ten or fifteen minutes tops, such a small window of opportunity.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » October 16th, 2012, 1:10 pm

NathKnave wrote:I just got really lucky with the Baby Ape. My roommate was doing some pet battles in Northern Stranglethorn and I mentioned to him the rarity of the little guy. He flew down there, but it wasn't raining. I went back to leveling my death knight, hit 88 and hearthed back to smelt some ghost iron for transmutes on my alchemist. I queued up a bunch and went to check on his pet battles and saw him fighting a baby ape! I immediately (after reprimanding him for not telling me it started raining) flew down there to grab one. I got there just in time, as when I started the battle the sun came back out. I managed to snag the one I was fighting (common), but there were no more left afterwards. It probably rained for ten or fifteen minutes tops, such a small window of opportunity.
I got lucky on the Ape first time I flew to the island I was just going to go and camp out, but it started raining as soon as I got there and were only a couple people there so was able to get a rare and uncommon Ape before it stopped.

The Firefly and Minfernal have been hard for me, I haven't even seen a Minfernal spawn the times I have checked so far. My problem with the Firefly is RNG owns me, I never get lucky on drops that I want. I'd buy it off the AH but haven't seen one there for ages.

Jestah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2501
Realm:Crushridge-us

Post by Jestah » October 17th, 2012, 7:32 am

I can't seem to find a sandstorm so save my life, and I check three different realms! So for me it is definitely the Silithid Hatchling!

Gradivus
Top Rater
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Gradivus » October 17th, 2012, 7:35 am

This may sound stupid to some, But I just CAN'T seem to get the bloody Twilight Fiendling I have only seen it spawn once and I bloody killed it by accident (stupid crits)

Been searching for many hours a day for about 3 days now, Its enough to lose hair over :twisted:

Scratch that, after server restart found about 10 spawns of them. WOOHOO now off to camp my monkey

WHAT LUCK happened to be raining lol, got my ape... there were tons there but no rares :(

Senchae

Post by Senchae » October 25th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Hello :)
I'm new here on the forums and haven't uploaded my pet list as of yet. I'm hoping, with Blizzard's pet battle system, that they will be able to give us the Butcherbot for a battle pet. I like that little guy "HOORAY FOR MEAT!! "

The_guy
Pet Score:4714
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by The_guy » October 25th, 2012, 9:23 pm

For me its the damn minfernal. I check at least 6 times a day for the past 7 days, stupid minfernals

Moiread

Post by Moiread » October 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm

I'm in the boat for the Silithid Hatchling. That guy is getting on my nerves!!!

For the Dark Phoenix - if anyone wants to roll an alt on Shadowsong, my guild has it. Considering it consists of me, my husband, his friend, and that's it, we would be more than happy to invite anyone who doesn't mind working through the rep.

Amnon
Pet Score:2656
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Amnon » October 26th, 2012, 1:04 am

Hands-down the Minfernal. Always camped, always at least 10-15 people there after server resets/maintenance, my server has yet to come up first in the CRZ after a reset. I have never seen one. Everything else has been comparably easy to get with a little bit of vigilance and/or a server reset.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » October 30th, 2012, 6:19 am

I managed to luck out yesterday. Parked alts all over the place, picked up a rare baby ape on the first try, and had been camping the Minfernal off and on for about two weeks. It went quiet late last night in Felwood, and I was all alone. Green paw popped up in the SE corner near an infernal and a big tree, uncommon but my god I'm happy! Big props to the DK parading one round who kept on saying he wanted a rare and was too impatient to wait for stones, making us all wait longer :(

Also got the Silithid hatchling (uncommon) and an arctic fox kit (rare) but the one I simply cannot find is the Scourged Whelpling. Got two toons parked there in case it's a phasing issue, but I've never even seen one spawn :(

Happy hunting folks!

Anniebelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:5074
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Anniebelle » October 30th, 2012, 3:53 pm

The Baby Ape! Everytime I go out to catch him, the rain starts...then stops! :-( Also the Resless Shadling. I have been camping there for 2 weeks...checking as often as I can.....no love! Any help would be awesome btw!
:-)