Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Please WoW - No more Non-Combat Pets

Post by Abbotta » April 11th, 2015, 10:01 am

Really? A Bouquet of Flowers?

I'm going to spend an hour of my time gathering chocolates for flowers that does nothing but look pretty.

Yes I'm ranting but I just have to say this. First it was K'ute and now it's this Mystical Spring Flowers.

Sorry but if the pet doesn't battle it's not a battle pet it should be a toy.

That's just my 2 cents.

Update:

It took me about 30 minutes. The eggs do respawn at the same exact site so for the first 40-50 eggs I just stood at the same spot and picked the egg up again. Usually it would respawn again in 5-15 seconds

But the funny thing happened around egg 80, the eggs stopped spawning at my site. Not sure if there was some trigger that saw my name picking eggs at the same site 40-50 times and it stopped spawning, but I had to go scrounging for the last 20. But I was able to get those quickly. I read where Falconwing Square is best place for horde because lets face it, even Bloodelves don't hang out there. And for a crowded place like Area 52 it was pretty empty.

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Please WoW - No more Non-Combat Pets

Post by Imry » April 11th, 2015, 12:22 pm

It didn't take me long either, but as a completionist, it kinda annoys me that there is another pet in my collection that I can't level. :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 11th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Imry wrote:It didn't take me long either, but as a completionist, it kinda annoys me that there is another pet in my collection that I can't level. :(
You can level it. Mine's 25. Just throw leveling stones at it. It won't show on your armory but at least when you summon it, you can see the levels.

I too would rather not see non-battling "battle" pets - it's really rather pointless. I think they'd be fine as toys but to me the point of battle pets is to have them actually be usable in battle. The Elekk Plushie at least as a move set, so I don't object to something like that for a few special cases (like maybe K'ute could've had nothing but defensive or healing moves).

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 11th, 2015, 1:07 pm

But it's pet collecting not just pet battling. I like my pets that cannot battle. I especially like my Sky Lantern with my Panda priest.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 11th, 2015, 2:10 pm

I can understand why K'ute would be a non-combat pet. The Naaru are more passive aggressive than violent - giving their powers to others to met out justice.

But Blizzard could have at least given K'ute the power to resurrect and heal one of your pet teams.

All the same, K'ute has become the pet I keep out on my Paladin. And he goes very well with the transmog on my Priest as well.

Having these non-combat pets is kind of like pets were before MoP - they're just vanity. But then, Wise King Solomon would have agreed with that, as he said that "all things are vanity."

—Rx