Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
RaF glitched?

Post by Tekulve2012 » March 29th, 2015, 9:20 am

Hiya all

So today, Blizzard randomly notified me that I earned a RaF reward. I already have the 4 RAF pets so I ignored it. Then a minute later an emerald panther pet token was auto-dropped into my bags(I selected nothing)

Its a unique pet and account bound so I can't donate it to someone

Has anyone else experienced this..and should I be concerned about account security?..I do have an authenticator attached to the account

Thx for any insights and feedback..ill likely submit a ticket about it all

Tekulve

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: RaF glitched?

Post by Gwenolyn » March 29th, 2015, 10:38 am

Same thing happened to me. I figured it was a glitch. Too bad it wasn't the new mount :twisted:

One toon got the emerald one, another got the umm... purple one (I call her Z).

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » March 29th, 2015, 11:03 am

There was actually a bug awhile back (not sure how far but I noticed it recently) where it showed that I was missing certain RaF pets when I selected the store even though I already had them. The other day I started getting the tokens as well, but I believe it was in regard to fixing the previous bug. I never lost any of my pets, just the store didn't show I already had them.

This is just my guess though.

Jal

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 29th, 2015, 12:46 pm

It's a glitch, I got notifications on 2 toons that I had a RaF award pending (I already have all 4 RaF pets). On one toon it said I got a Silver Pig (but didn't put a pet in my bags) and another told me to click on the thing to redeem but of course nothing was showing. Since I knew I didn't have any RaFs pending I just shrugged it off.

There was/is? also an achievement bug where people were randomly getting credit for doing things like Trial of the Crusader and Occuthar in Baradin Hold, even though they weren't in either location and had already had the achievement for a while.

My guess is when they put in the framework for the new game tokens it somehow caused these things to bug out, though so far they've all been harmless and mildly amusing.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » March 29th, 2015, 2:37 pm

I've had random achievements showing up like that for more than a year some of them years after I completed the achievement. I doubt it has anything to do with the new game tokens.
Yesterday when I logged in a toast popped up on my screen notifying me I received a Golden Pig Coin (or something like that), I assume another Blizz glitch since I've had all the RaF pets for about a year now.

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Imry » March 30th, 2015, 2:05 pm

I wonder if this has something to do with the problem that happened with Tuesday mini patch - I had expected my pending RaF reward to be available on Tuesday, but it wasn't - I contacted a GM who did a bit of research and found out that for any players with a pending RaF reward - the patch just randomly redeemed things for them which is what happened to me.

I think maybe what everyone here is experiencing is the attempt to fix that issue? Its still strange that its dropping random tokens into people's bags.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » March 30th, 2015, 2:43 pm

It's kind of funny, you can tell they're trying to fix things when more obscure things start happening. Good to know they're working on the communication between the collections and the store/RaF stuff though. The store, for a long time, showed I was missing one of the pets, the Cenarion Hatchling, but I have had that little guy for a long time now. Bugged me so much that at one point I tried buying it again. Took my money and didn't give me a token - but finally acknowledged that I had it. Lol.

As far as achievements, I've had achievements popping at random for years. That's nothing new by a long shot. Achievements on my account are so broken, I'm afraid to say anything and have them break it more.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 30th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Aurae wrote:As far as achievements, I've had achievements popping at random for years. That's nothing new by a long shot. Achievements on my account are so broken, I'm afraid to say anything and have them break it more.
Sibi wrote:I've had random achievements showing up like that for more than a year some of them years after I completed the achievement. I doubt it has anything to do with the new game tokens.
I know achievements have been borked for a while, but this latest 6.1.2(?) mini patch seems to have glitched a whole new set of them, specifically the Occuthar achievement (I've seen that pop up for a number of people). Just wanted to clarify what I meant. :)

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » March 30th, 2015, 5:48 pm

I had the Savage Friends achievement pop the second day of the expansion. Not even remotely close to exalted with anyone at that point. But hey, I was able to get the rep bonus to help with those grinds. ;) Lol.