Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Minfernal - Stop your all day camping and your new DKs

Post by Abbotta » March 23rd, 2015, 2:49 pm

It is now easier than ever to get a Minfernal!

I helped a friend get one and we found it probably in 30 minutes. She didn't have to build a DK on a low pop realm (or use the one I had built ages ago).

The future is cross-realm hopping and it works, it's fun and it's so easy to do.

Step #1 - fly to the site of Minfernals or other hard to get wild pets (we also had luck doing this with scorplings, jade oozlings and wharf rats)
Step #2 - Use that 'Looking for Group' tool and go to the custom group
Step #3 - look for any group built for things like Kura/Eris pet tamer, Harrison Jones, Mats Trader, Enchanter Hut or just my Garrison is open and I have Auto-Accept is open.
Step #4 - Sign up for that group.

Easy Peasy - these groups are all auto-accept so you will join immediately and cross over into their realm - monsters will suddenly shift or disappear with new ones appearing. Fly around a few minutes to see if any are there. If not just leave the group and look for the next one - 'rinse and repeat'.

My friend and I looked together and when one would find the pet we'd let the other know so they could also join the group. If I got there first I'd grab the pet and hold it in battle (i had them all) until she showed, forfeiting when she was ready to fight.

Only thing we tried but not sure if it works - we realmed hop to see if we could find a realm where it was raining on that island with the baby apes. In the end after she gave up and flew away, I was still there and it started to rain on our realm. She was able to get back and get a cute baby ape of her own.
Last edited by Abbotta on March 23rd, 2015, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Minfernal - Stop your all day camping and your new DKs

Post by Imry » March 23rd, 2015, 3:39 pm

I agree, this is a really good method to find rare spawn pets - or even just to be particularly lazy when you're battling.

Most people know of the nice little nook behind Mistfall Village for pet levelling, especially for lowbie alts since there are a good number of wild pets that respawn fairly quickly and no danger of being eaten by wandering monsters - it's a great spot but doesn't work well when you have 2 or more lowbies competing for pets to battle, thus if someone's already claimed the spot right when I was gearing up for a levelling session, I simply pop into one of those Premade groups noted above and phase into a new server.

Definitely a time saver and frustration reducer!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 23rd, 2015, 3:44 pm

yeah all the auto invite groups is a great way to get to a different realm for pretty much any reason. Rare pets, achievements, etc.

Necrophagist
Pet Score:9270
BattleTag®:SoFakinGreat#1218
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Necrophagist » March 24th, 2015, 4:41 am

Some aren't quite server hop friendly to this idea though =/ Just be cautious. I've been kicked from an ore trader/ench hut etc auto invite group while looking for Zangar Crawlers. The group had 10+ people. I guess they got their feathers in a ruffle because I wasn't actually using their advertised garrison services D:

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 24th, 2015, 9:17 am

I used the realm-hop method to finish my Pebble dailies in about two weeks. Seriously, it works.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » March 24th, 2015, 11:06 am

Necrophagist wrote:Some aren't quite server hop friendly to this idea though =/ Just be cautious. I've been kicked from an ore trader/ench hut etc auto invite group while looking for Zangar Crawlers. The group had 10+ people. I guess they got their feathers in a ruffle because I wasn't actually using their advertised garrison services D:
Are you serious?

We must have done about 30 realm hops on that day of pet gatherings and had no issues but we made it a point of never staying longer than 10-15 minutes tops in any one group.

I would not understand why anyone would care as long as the group isn't setup to do a World Boss or Raid. I know I wouldn't care but then again I'm in Area 52, I'm the last place you want to Realm Hop to since you'll find about 2-3 people doing all day camping waiting for the pets to spawn.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 25th, 2015, 4:24 pm

I used this idea a few weeks ago to get a few rares I was missing from the Glorious! achievement. I never got around to trying to camp them all during MoP's time frame. When I found one was not there I realm hopped and eventually found it up. I stayed in each group for a few minutes, usually checking a couple Rare spots then disbanded. Worked like a charm.

Seems crazy that people actually got ruffled that you used their services improperly. :lol:
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » March 25th, 2015, 6:17 pm

Personally, I don't find it very nice to join a group with no intention of actually partaking in what the group was made for, especially when it's groups that have some other goal in mind than offering vendors in garrisons. I've had several instances of people joining rare camping groups and doing something completely different. That isn't particularly fair to the people making the group, or those that actually do want to join for the intended purpose (and have no space because someone else joined for their own agenda).

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » March 26th, 2015, 10:31 am

Merana wrote:Personally, I don't find it very nice to join a group with no intention of actually partaking in what the group was made for, especially when it's groups that have some other goal in mind than offering vendors in garrisons. I've had several instances of people joining rare camping groups and doing something completely different. That isn't particularly fair to the people making the group, or those that actually do want to join for the intended purpose (and have no space because someone else joined for their own agenda).
I have to disagree with your statement and here is why.

First please note my original comment about which groups to join:
look for any group built for things like Kura/Eris pet tamer, Harrison Jones, Mats Trader, Enchanter Hut or just my Garrison is open and I have Auto-Accept is open.
All of those suggestions are related to garrision groups only and I would never suggest anything else. I know that with rare boss camps, daily apex runs, raids - most of those are not setup with auto-accept. Most raid leaders want some sort of minimum quality for the group before accepting.

Also, when people open up their garrisons they can easily convert them to raids which pretty much means I can have 40 people in their group therefore it is unlikely that a cross-realm pet hunter would be taking up space. I think one time I had 23 people milling around in my garrison which means I really don't care that there could be a few people floating around elsewhere nor could I even bother checking to see if they were in my garrison or not.

And in the end if a person opens a group to Auto-Accept then that is their problem if someone choose to accept everyone including a few whose soul purpose is to cross-realm hop looking for rare pets. If someone is so terribly oppose to people doing this then they should reconsider using the auto-accept option.

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » March 26th, 2015, 11:32 am

Along these lines, I have also noticed when looking for groups that sometimes they explicitly say that they're open to people looking to realm hop for mounts or pets in addition to their garrison services. :) If in doubt, look for one of those.

This is a good idea, though, I should try it -- maybe I'll finally get my hands on that blasted Minfernal. ;)

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » March 26th, 2015, 11:42 am

I can only speak for EU of course, but there's a lot of people joining rare camping or rep farming groups to do something else, and it is really disheartening if you're trying to get people to actually contribute to the goal of the party. More often than not the camping groups I made or joined reached the raid limit and the leaders had to kick offline people, or those that didn't actually join for the camping at all.

That said, if someone advertises an auto-invite group to their garrison that's fair game in my opinion, just please don't join groups with other goals in mind without at least being upfront about it.

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » March 26th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Merana wrote:I can only speak for EU of course, but there's a lot of people joining rare camping or rep farming groups to do something else, and it is really disheartening if you're trying to get people to actually contribute to the goal of the party. More often than not the camping groups I made or joined reached the raid limit and the leaders had to kick offline people, or those that didn't actually join for the camping at all.

That said, if someone advertises an auto-invite group to their garrison that's fair game in my opinion, just please don't join groups with other goals in mind without at least being upfront about it.
I hope you know that I totally agree with your statement and I did make it a point to stick with garrison groups only! I may not be the best DPS but I've done enough WoD raids and world bosses to know that folks need every body in there to be successful.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 26th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Trethsparr wrote:Along these lines, I have also noticed when looking for groups that sometimes they explicitly say that they're open to people looking to realm hop for mounts or pets in addition to their garrison services. :) If in doubt, look for one of those.
I also specifically look for "realm hop" "server hop" groups when I'm planning to hop around, instead of joining auto-invite daily trader type groups. It's just my personal policy. I don't feel right taking up space in someone's garrison group when I don't plan on using their offered services, especially since many garrison groups are set to party only (so that people in the group can quest). I've seen a few garrison groups with a "will kick realm hoppers" policy but that's pretty rare and most people don't seem to care about it.

Taylara
Pet Score:3881
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Minfernal 7.2.5 on 7/11/2017 How I got Minfernal

Post by Taylara » July 11th, 2017, 6:40 am

This is how I got my Minfernal on 7/11/2017 in ver 7.2.5 just before a weekly maintenance. I made a test character on the lowest population PVP realm there is. I then went through the little training program to get out of there. Hearth stone to Garrison (stone in bag). Then garrison>Ashran>SW>Hyjal and flew over to Felwood. Upon arriving there was no Minferals in the area, then Rare Mob: Immolatus spawned who looks like big version of Minfernal. I don't know if hes connected but as soon as I killed him there were 2 Minfernals about 5 yards from him and I captured them. Hope this helps, good luck.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Minfernal 7.2.5 on 7/11/2017 How I got Minfernal

Post by Digem » July 11th, 2017, 10:23 am

Taylara wrote:This is how I got my Minfernal on 7/11/2017 in ver 7.2.5 just before a weekly maintenance. I made a test character on the lowest population PVP realm there is. I then went through the little training program to get out of there. Hearth stone to Garrison (stone in bag). Then garrison>Ashran>SW>Hyjal and flew over to Felwood. Upon arriving there was no Minferals in the area, then Rare Mob: Immolatus spawned who looks like big version of Minfernal. I don't know if hes connected but as soon as I killed him there were 2 Minfernals about 5 yards from him and I captured them. Hope this helps, good luck.

Way to bring back and old thread. Also info in here isn't helpful anymore. As realm hopping doesn't work anymore blizz "fixed it"
(For what reason I don't know) you only transfer realms if you are in the same area. So if you are the only one at the miniferal area you aren't changing realms

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 11th, 2017, 10:38 am

While the original was about realm-hopping, Taylara wasn't realm-hopping, and that exact method, but with a DK, also yielded a Minfernal for SiameKat in the Discord a couple of days ago. The general idea still works; we're just back to making a character instead of hopping - and now we have 100 trials as well as DKs. :)

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Minfernal 7.2.5 on 7/11/2017 How I got Minfernal

Post by Ranok » July 11th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Digem wrote:... realm hopping doesn't work anymore blizz "fixed it" (For what reason I don't know) you only transfer realms if you are in the same area. So if you are the only one at the miniferal area you aren't changing realms
Realm hopping in older content not the same as doing it in Legion. Recognizing that there's relatively few players working, for example, Outland or Kalimdor, they've put players from bunches of different realms onto a single server. Especially if you're from a non-PvP, non-RP realm, you can be sharing with players from dozens of other realms; only way you'd actually "realm hop" is if you were lucky enough to get an invite from player with realm served from another of Blizzard's server farms, or from a PvP or RP realm.

Remi
Pet Score:3939
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Remi » July 24th, 2017, 5:10 pm

This worked BEAUTIFULLY!!! I did this for 5 minutes and got 2 back to back. So super happy. I'd never done the server hop thing before now. Thanks :-D
Abbotta wrote:It is now easier than ever to get a Minfernal!

I helped a friend get one and we found it probably in 30 minutes. She didn't have to build a DK on a low pop realm (or use the one I had built ages ago).

The future is cross-realm hopping and it works, it's fun and it's so easy to do.

Step #1 - fly to the site of Minfernals or other hard to get wild pets (we also had luck doing this with scorplings, jade oozlings and wharf rats)
Step #2 - Use that 'Looking for Group' tool and go to the custom group
Step #3 - look for any group built for things like Kura/Eris pet tamer, Harrison Jones, Mats Trader, Enchanter Hut or just my Garrison is open and I have Auto-Accept is open.
Step #4 - Sign up for that group.

Easy Peasy - these groups are all auto-accept so you will join immediately and cross over into their realm - monsters will suddenly shift or disappear with new ones appearing. Fly around a few minutes to see if any are there. If not just leave the group and look for the next one - 'rinse and repeat'.

My friend and I looked together and when one would find the pet we'd let the other know so they could also join the group. If I got there first I'd grab the pet and hold it in battle (i had them all) until she showed, forfeiting when she was ready to fight.

Only thing we tried but not sure if it works - we realmed hop to see if we could find a realm where it was raining on that island with the baby apes. In the end after she gave up and flew away, I was still there and it started to rain on our realm. She was able to get back and get a cute baby ape of her own.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » July 25th, 2017, 12:56 am

Glad it worked out for you, however, this is a REALLY old thread. To clarify, as of this XPAC..you can no longer realm hop unless the party leader is presently in the same zone as you. For instance if you join a random group titled stormpeaks and there are people questing in stormpeaks but you are in grizzly hills, you will NOT be ported to their realm unless you are also in grizzly hills.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 25th, 2017, 2:18 am

Sweetdr0ps wrote:Glad it worked out for you, however, this is a REALLY old thread. To clarify, as of this XPAC..you can no longer realm hop unless the party leader is presently in the same zone as you. For instance if you join a random group titled stormpeaks and there are people questing in stormpeaks but you are in grizzly hills, you will NOT be ported to their realm unless you are also in grizzly hills.
The last two words, did you mean Storm Peaks I think? ;)

So, so much THIS. During the first MoP Timewalking I was hosting (Emerald Dream server) a group on Timeless Isle. I was so annoyed by people trying to realm hop for their Suramar businesses, as it was shocking to see how many people don't know it doesn't work at all. :roll: (And I wanted to keep it non-raid; otherwise one can't farm mobs here…)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507