Share pet collecting news and advice.
Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us
Re: Minfernal - Stop your all day camping and your new DKs

Post by Digem » July 25th, 2017, 10:18 am

Paladance wrote:
Sweetdr0ps wrote:Glad it worked out for you, however, this is a REALLY old thread. To clarify, as of this XPAC..you can no longer realm hop unless the party leader is presently in the same zone as you. For instance if you join a random group titled stormpeaks and there are people questing in stormpeaks but you are in grizzly hills, you will NOT be ported to their realm unless you are also in grizzly hills.
The last two words, did you mean Storm Peaks I think? ;)

So, so much THIS. During the first MoP Timewalking I was hosting (Emerald Dream server) a group on Timeless Isle. I was so annoyed by people trying to realm hop for their Suramar businesses, as it was shocking to see how many people don't know it doesn't work at all. :roll: (And I wanted to keep it non-raid; otherwise one can't farm mobs here…)

Most still don't know that realm hopping doesn't work anymore and will argue with you that it does. All we can do is pass along the information what people do with it is up to them

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » July 26th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Sweetdr0ps wrote:Glad it worked out for you, however, this is a REALLY old thread. To clarify, as of this XPAC..you can no longer realm hop unless the party leader is presently in the same zone as you. For instance if you join a random group titled stormpeaks and there are people questing in stormpeaks but you are in grizzly hills, you will NOT be ported to their realm unless you are also in grizzly hills.
I know - I wrote this thing 2 year ago. Boy time flies when collecting battle pets.

I'm glad I was able to help a few folks who were frustrated with finding this critter!

Zerphane
Pet Score:1842
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Zerphane » July 26th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Is there really an issue with this pet? I went over there expecting that it would take a while. The area I went to had about 5-6 of them roaming around. Maybe just my luck on the my server (Moon Guard).

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » July 27th, 2017, 11:39 am

Zerphane wrote:Is there really an issue with this pet? I went over there expecting that it would take a while. The area I went to had about 5-6 of them roaming around. Maybe just my luck on the my server (Moon Guard).
I believe it's a combination of things.

First, the pet has been around for almost a decade so there isn't a high demand for it like there was 5-6 years ago when battle pets were all the rage.

Second, I think some realms are better than others. I'm in Area 52 which has one of the largest populations out there. When I was trying to get Minfernal some 2-3 years ago it seemed that any given time there was at least 1-2 people camping in my realm looking for the critter. That's when I made a DK on the Oceanic server assuming that when I was awake looking for minfernal, most of the folks on the Oceanic server would be asleep. (Btw pets are cheaper to buy in AH in large realms like Area 52 because more pets for sale).

But I have found that some of these 'rare' pets are a bit easier to find. When I was doing Mid-Summer Festival in Northend, I found myself flying to those 3 spots in each area where Unborn Val-kyr can be found - I ended up finding 4 that day (and found homes for 3 of them). So I also wonder if maybe Blizzard has done something to tweak the spawn rate.