Tokens effect on pet prices

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kozia
Pet Score:4554
Realm:Runetotem-eu
Tokens effect on pet prices

Post by Kozia » March 9th, 2015, 12:43 pm

Hi guys,

What are your opinions about the new tokens that Blizz wants to introduce and the effect on pet prices on the AH? I am currently trying to get all the TCG pets (5 down, 10 to go) but it's a bit slow going as I've never been that good at making gold. The pets usually range around 20-30K g which takes me a couple of weeks to farm so it's going to be somewhat slow going. Now I'm a bit worried that with the easier access to gold tokens are going to bring prices on the AH are going to skyrocket. Especially since Blizz is probably going to make most of the gear bop now to prevent p2p. So that leaves pets and mounts to spend gold on. I'm also missing the thundering hetachling from BMAH, but I've not been even close to getting that even with the prices right now :-(

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Tokens effect on pet prices

Post by Imry » March 9th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I hadn't considered the effect of these tokens on pet prices before you mentioned it but I don't think these Tokens will make gold any easier to get than it already is. Someone, somewhere still has to farm the gold in order for it to be introduced into the economy, so I can't see it effecting other markets in the long term. I think they'll just be a different type of "sink" for players who have the gold to spend in this manner or for players who have more time (to farm) than they have actual money.

On the other hand, in the first initial few months I can see where the entire AH market could be in a state of flux, simply because it will make it easier for players who have a hard time making gold normally to buy a few of these tokens and turn them around into larger amounts of gold than what they might have been used to having. I could see folks buying up the higher ticket items (pets/mounts/Black Market items) quickly and driving the price up at first - but I really don't think it will be a long term change.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 10th, 2015, 12:30 pm

I am kind of with Imry on this, short term may see some fluctuations but in the long run it will go back to the way it was.

I may actually purchase a few of the tokens and sell them for gold so I can buy the Alliance Chopper version of the motorcycle contest which Blizzard is making us Allies pay 100K. :cry: (gold sink... ya think?)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Ense
Pet Score:538
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Ense » March 11th, 2015, 11:57 pm

You got it all wrong OP, the thing that will most definitely happen is that prices of everything will go down as people rush to sell their stuff to get gold to get WoW tokens.

This will of course normalize itself a bit later, but the first couple days or even week(s) after WoW tokens are introduced? Most prices will go down because of oversaturation.

That is at least what happens in all other similar in-game economies in such events.

I'm stocking gold so I can purchase a bunch of price cut companions so I can resell them later.