Which pet got you hooked?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Thudmeister
Pet Score:1757
Realm:Alleria-us
Re: Which pet got you hooked?

Post by Thudmeister » April 6th, 2015, 1:13 pm

The lost of loderan was the one that got me hooked. I don't remember how or why but I do remember wrecking the smaller creatures with it and it always killed at least one pet before dying.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » April 6th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Opallena wrote:I started on mounts, seeing those pretty netherdrakes back in BC made me go "WANT!". But the pet that got me into collecting was the Spirit of Competition. Back then, I actually had a lvl 19 PvP twink (when those were actually a thing), so I was able to get both the pet and the tabard. If I recall correctly, the Spirit of Competition was the first model of that particular type to be available to US players.

Of course, pets still took up bag space then so the only two I really kept were the spirit and Baby Blizzard Bear, didn't bother with anything else until the journal came out in wrath. After I got that achievment, I think I've stayed #1 on my server in pet collecting since at least the end of Wrath. I'm somewhere in the top 10 mount-wise though.
Spirit of Competition got me started on the in-game collecting of pets too. I had several twinks through various brackets (still have some of them just for giggles), so it was pretty quick to pick him up. Actually ended up with a few of them and the tabards. Then the Wind Rider Cub that came with the plushie (he's so freaking adorable! :D ) got me hooked on acquiring the pets that didn't start in game.

Meggz
Pet Score:4387
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Meggz » April 6th, 2015, 10:52 pm

For me it was the Westfall Chicken, my first ever toon in late BC, a low level druid (now a 100 and still going strong) was questing in Darkshore when a lvl70 druid ran past me in travel form with a chicken in tow. He told me he was ‘taking his chicken for a walk’.

I knew I had to have one. So I did my search on Google on how to get it and legged it to Westfall (back then it was quite a hike) to do the Cluck! quest.

From then on it went from a hobby to something much more. I now have 643 unique pets as of this post, but I will always remember that first pet, a Westfall Chicken named Lucky. :)

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » April 7th, 2015, 2:27 am

It was the Wind Rider Cub back in the summer of 2011. I'd always liked pets, but that thing was so cute and people constantly asked me where I got it. From then on I wanted to collect all that I could, especially the rare-drop Whelplings <3

Landi
Pet Score:10480
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Landi » April 7th, 2015, 9:30 am

Meggz wrote:For me it was the Westfall Chicken... So I did my search on Google on how to get it and legged it to Westfall (back then it was quite a hike) to do the Cluck! quest.
I think it was the Westfall Chicken for me too--when I tried the quest I was up to some crazy number of clucks and some idiot started killing the chickens :( They were even from the same faction. I had to log and wait for them to get bored. I did get the chicken.

I stopped collecting though, even had the green paws turned off, until I saw a RoboCub. Then I had to get into pet battles so I could have one.

Zanathiel
Pet Score:2217
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Zanathiel » April 7th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I always liked vanity pets, but was never wild about collecting them. But then I saw someone walking around with a Sprite Darter Hatchling and had to have it! I spent ages trying to get the drop but never did, a friend gave me one as an xmas gift that year...and then with MoP I went nuts. I keep taking breaks from wow so my collection isn't amazing, but I've enjoyed pet battling since it released.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » April 9th, 2015, 5:35 pm

I also got a parrot from Deadmines. I was a total noob and my sister ran me through to get me some better gear. She congratulated me on my first pet, and I was like "YOU GET PETS IN THIS GAME? ... AWESOME!"

Then a few weeks later we were running through Wailing Caverns and I looted a Deviate Hatchling. My sister seemed a little upset because I looted it and she didn't have it... but having a pet she didn't have only made it that much more special to me.

After that I looked up all the pets in the game, and made a list... The rest is history.

—Rx

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 9th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I collected the pets before they were battle pets. I played the card game, and had all of these codes to trade in for some reason.

I think my first big pet that I got that I always had out was the giant sewer rat. It was just fun to bring out and for it to be just as tall as I was after I used the (tcg) pet biscuit on it!

I honestly don't remember the first pet I got though. It was way too many years ago!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » April 12th, 2015, 4:39 pm

[pet]White Kitten[/pet]. First pet I camped for. :)