Dislike random drops for holiday pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mj12agent0014
Pet Score:4840
Realm:Sargeras-us
Dislike random drops for holiday pets?

Post by Mj12agent0014 » January 31st, 2012, 8:05 pm

I know many of you are like me and have at least 1 or 2 holiday pets that you don't have because of the random drop and the short amount of time to do it. I'm guessing Lumpy is a big one! Anyway, I posted a post about this in the Blizzard General forums in hope that Blizzard will read this and change the way they work, or prevent them from adding more like this in the future!

If you agree, head over to my post and maybe give it a bump to show your support!
Thanks,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988229989#1

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Dislike random drops for holiday pets?

Post by Moritach » February 1st, 2012, 2:10 am

I wholeheartedly agree with your post, but it won't let me post on the us forums. :< I hope they really fix this problem soon.

Korinth
Pet Score:8851
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Korinth » February 1st, 2012, 8:12 am

Oh BOY! Do I hate random drops on holidays! I'm also missing Lumpy and it took me two years of trying to get the Frigid Frostling because of random drops. And I did that darn Yeti quest on every toon and didn't get Lumpy at all! All I got were those darned copper racers. Totally useless. :p

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » February 1st, 2012, 9:50 am

I still need both the Frigid Frostling and Lumpy. Added my ideas to the thread.
Mingyao on Madoran

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 1st, 2012, 2:02 pm

The random part is really annoying, it sucks so much when you put so much time and effort into your collection, and then you cant finish it off just because your unlucky. ive played my char for a good 4 years now, and ive yet to see any of the random drops from summer festival :/

I dont mind their being some rng in it, like if i could just do the instances as much as i wanted or something, but having blizzard saying, you got X number of tries, if you dont get it in that, its just to bad for you, really sucks.
atleast if you could do it as many times as you like, you can always give yourself the fault for not going for it hard enough.

Also, i cant post on US forum : /

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm

I posted my two cents, but the argument about the changes to pet collecting coming in MoP is getting stronger as time passes. I have a gut feeling that developers will probably see this as a reason to not change anything at this point in time since they may feel it would be a waste of time/effort with the onset of the expansion changes.

Still, I hope we're being heard. Our suggestions and recommendations may not seem like a big deal since many players still view pet collecting as just a hobby and don't take part in the activity, but these things do matter to those that make it a point to make pet collecting THE reason to play.

There's only so much logic and pathos you can cram into a thread. Rest is up to developers. ¯\_(._.)_/¯
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » February 5th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Great post there Quintessence! Very well thought out and respectful. The system makes me angry, so it's all I can do to stay civil.