Ugh worst mistake ever

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Prawl
Pet Score:2897
BattleTag®:magehor#1793
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Ugh worst mistake ever

Post by Prawl » February 24th, 2015, 9:04 am

So I've been camping for 2 days for the minfernal pet. Log in yesterday morning and low and behold there it is. Only to my failure I forget that my current 3 are all level 1's. I quit the battle to quickly switch pets up only to have another player tag him before I can engage again. OH the frustrations

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Re: Ugh worst mistake ever

Post by Buruan » February 24th, 2015, 9:40 am

Yep happened to me too :(

Since, i have the ReMatch addon set up that I can load teams via hotkey, so every time before I engage i hit F5 which loads my capture team.

Still have to remember to hit F5 but when competing for a spawn, much quicker than manually fiddling around with it..

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 24th, 2015, 10:24 am

Prawl wrote:So I've been camping for 2 days for the minfernal pet. Log in yesterday morning and low and behold there it is. Only to my failure I forget that my current 3 are all level 1's. I quit the battle to quickly switch pets up only to have another player tag him before I can engage again. OH the frustrations
Do not camp for Minfernal. Biggest waste of time.

Build a DK Knight on a realm that is opposite your time. If you are in the US that would be the Oceanic Realms. Running the DK through the quests takes about 3-5 hours.

After that just log on from time to time and check for Minnys. I rarely stayed online for more than 20 minutes looking and on the 3rd day I found 3 Minnies and snagged them all since I checked who was in the zone and there was no one.

Another option is if you have a Horde character less than level 59 but big enough to manage to get to Felwood, I could help you cross over to my Oceanic realm and get your Minfernal for you. (my regular realm is Area 52 - worst place for finding rare wild pets)

I've helped 2 other people cross realm over to this realm and also snag a minny. So if you had say a level 25-58 Horde Charcter I could invite you over to my realm and we could look for Minnys. Best time to look on those Oceanic Realms are around lunch time our time. That's when it's very very early in the morning for them and the servers are near empty.

I also used that DK night to grab the scorpling in blasted lands, that Jade oozeling over in the hinterlands, blighthawk in the plaguelands and tiny bog beast in the Wetlands. They also tend to be harder to farm. Also I was able to snag a Snowy Owl on the first day of winter.

IM me at LynneSin#1318 if you have questions or want to try this although I have a regular day job so if we do this it would have to be on the weekends.

Edit Note: I see you are on Stormrage which is the Alliance version of Area 52 - a very highly populated realm that is probably about 95% alliance (Area 52 is about 95% Horde). So camping for Minnys on these realms are a joke. Reach out to me - I can help (I also have low level alliance on stormrage too). BTW our realms are also the best place to find cheap pets on the Auction House. So that is an advantage we do have.

Geline
Pet Score:10368
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Geline » February 24th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Buruan wrote:Yep happened to me too :(

Since, i have the ReMatch addon set up that I can load teams via hotkey, so every time before I engage i hit F5 which loads my capture team.

Still have to remember to hit F5 but when competing for a spawn, much quicker than manually fiddling around with it..
Wait, what? Is there a way to set a keybind for a specific team load in Rematch? Because I would be all over that. Of course, I've got open/close Rematch keybound, and set to always offer to load teams on named targets, but I've been hankering for an override "load this named team" button press for quite some time.

Hm, I'll have to look into that when maintenance is over. And maybe visit the thread in which Gello hangs out, just to see if there's yet another Rematch feature that I've missed.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » February 24th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Indeed there is :).
Create this Macro and bind it where it pleases.
/run Rematch:LoadTeam("Capture")
Team name is case sensitive.
Credit to Gello of course who taught me this neat trick :)

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 25th, 2015, 5:37 am

Prawl wrote:So I've been camping for 2 days for the minfernal pet. Log in yesterday morning and low and behold there it is. Only to my failure I forget that my current 3 are all level 1's. I quit the battle to quickly switch pets up only to have another player tag him before I can engage again. OH the frustrations
Word of advice: When you engage with the wrong team, NEVER EVER forfeit the battle, while there are other pleayers near..
There is no timer on PvE battles, so you can (in theory) stay in battle for as long as it takes for other players to get well out of range, before you forfeit/switch/battle again..

Prawl
Pet Score:2897
BattleTag®:magehor#1793
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Prawl » March 2nd, 2015, 1:15 pm

Woohoo after camping this spot for almost 2 weeks since this post. logged into toon and they were everywhere captured 2 with high stats and left the other 8 feels good after what seems forever

Briannafae
Top Rater
Pet Score:4436
BattleTag®:Briannafae#1899
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Briannafae » March 10th, 2015, 6:37 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Word of advice: When you engage with the wrong team, NEVER EVER forfeit the battle, while there are other pleayers near..
There is no timer on PvE battles, so you can (in theory) stay in battle for as long as it takes for other players to get well out of range, before you forfeit/switch/battle again..
Sadly that is not true, I was helping a friend find some rares out in Dread Wastes. He went afk so I just sat at a spot in battle while watching a show waiting for him. I'm not sure how long it took but at some point I was kicked from the battle.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 10th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Briannafae wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:There is no timer on PvE battles, so you can (in theory) stay in battle for as long as it takes for other players to get well out of range, before you forfeit/switch/battle again..
Sadly that is not true, I was helping a friend find some rares out in Dread Wastes. He went afk so I just sat at a spot in battle while watching a show waiting for him. I'm not sure how long it took but at some point I was kicked from the battle.
The timer is somewhere around 10 minutes, if you don't make any moves. I suppose you can try and extend it by swapping pets or something so that the game registers the battle as ongoing. Kinda sad that I go afk enough to have learned this!