6.1 goes live Feb 24th! New PETS!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Re: 6.1 goes live Feb 24th! New PETS!

Post by Colar » February 19th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Glad I read this earlier. XP nerf sucks. Right now it's Brutus and Rukus, very easy power leveling if you have Zandalari Anklebiter (P/P or P/S) and Kneebiter (not P/P, they always finish before I can use carry pet!).

Got quite a few to level 25, still many more to go.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13784
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 20th, 2015, 11:08 am

Another strat for today's US menagerie: (not my original Strat, Vipers posted it a few months back)

Mr. Terrible, Carroteye, and Sloppus

Need the following:
Aqua Strider (1,2,2) (need to be faster than 319, an H/S Mirror Strider works)
Emerald Proto Whelp (1,2,1) (I use P/P breed)
Carry pet (any level)

Mr. T (Aqua Strider starts)
R1 - Pump
R2 - Cleansing Rain
R3 - Pump
R4 - Pump
R5 - Water Jet (Mr. T dies)

Carroteye
R6 - Pump (Strider dies here after pump lands)
R7 - Carry pet > Emerald Proto Whelp swaps in right away
R8 - Emerald Presence
R9 - Breath
R10 - Breath (sometimes Carrot dies here, skip to Sloppus)
R11 - Breath (Carrot dies)

Sloppus
R12 - Proto Strike (very important to avoid his Stench attack)
R13 - Proto Strike Part 2 automatic hit
R14 - Breath
R15 - Breath
R16 - Breath (Sloppus must die here, or it's bad)

This works pretty smoothly 97.5% of the time. The following lists the problems I have seen:

Other breed Proto's have power of 305 instead of 341 on the P/P. This will likely (though untested) cause problems finishing Sloppus at the end of the match, pretty sure the P/P is by far the most desirable for this strat.

Strider can crit on round 3 and kill Mr. T, this generally doesn’t stop the match, you can Pump twice on Carrot then and still be able to progress the rest of the way as normal.

If strider’s pump on round 6 crits and kills Carrot immediately swap in Carry Pet to take the first Stench attack from Sloppus. Takes no damage just reduces hit percent on all your team. Proto at full health can still take Sloppus. This is very rare so just play it as best you can.

If Proto doesn’t kill Sloppus on or before R16 he will die and if the carry pet can’t finish him it is a loss, this was super rare though.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 20th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Yea, back to MoP to powerlevel! However, the charms buying the bags for 1 level at a time seems to add up nicely. Also, all of our level 100 toons (I don't think it's once per account) will be given the instant level 25 stone. Of course these options are great if you're up to like 600 level 25's, not with 6.

Good luck all!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » February 20th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Well, I guess while the xp nerf is sad, it does motivate me to level pets out in the world and get some monument credit as well.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 21st, 2015, 5:03 am

Morlis wrote:Another strat for today's US menagerie: (not my original Strat, Vipers posted it a few months back)

Mr. Terrible, Carroteye, and Sloppus

Need the following:
Aqua Strider (1,2,2) (need to be faster than 319, an H/S Mirror Strider works)
Emerald Proto Whelp (1,2,1) (I use P/P breed)
Carry pet (any level)

Mr. T (Aqua Strider starts)
R1 - Pump
R2 - Cleansing Rain
R3 - Pump
R4 - Pump
R5 - Water Jet (Mr. T dies)

Carroteye
R6 - Pump (Strider dies here after pump lands)
R7 - Carry pet > Emerald Proto Whelp swaps in right away
R8 - Emerald Presence
R9 - Breath
R10 - Breath (sometimes Carrot dies here, skip to Sloppus)
R11 - Breath (Carrot dies)

Sloppus
R12 - Proto Strike (very important to avoid his Stench attack)
R13 - Proto Strike Part 2 automatic hit
R14 - Breath
R15 - Breath
R16 - Breath (Sloppus must die here, or it's bad)

This works pretty smoothly 97.5% of the time. The following lists the problems I have seen:

Other breed Proto's have power of 305 instead of 341 on the P/P. This will likely (though untested) cause problems finishing Sloppus at the end of the match, pretty sure the P/P is by far the most desirable for this strat.

Strider can crit on round 3 and kill Mr. T, this generally doesn’t stop the match, you can Pump twice on Carrot then and still be able to progress the rest of the way as normal.

If strider’s pump on round 6 crits and kills Carrot immediately swap in Carry Pet to take the first Stench attack from Sloppus. Takes no damage just reduces hit percent on all your team. Proto at full health can still take Sloppus. This is very rare so just play it as best you can.

If Proto doesn’t kill Sloppus on or before R16 he will die and if the carry pet can’t finish him it is a loss, this was super rare though.
My Emerald Proto is P/B and it dies consistantly when Sloppus have ~600 health...

I tried a few pets, ended up with a P/P Nexus Whelp (2,2,2), which does the job, just fine..

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2015, 10:42 am

FuxieDK wrote:My Emerald Proto is P/B and it dies consistantly when Sloppus have ~600 health...

I tried a few pets, ended up with a P/P Nexus Whelp (2,2,2), which does the job, just fine..
If you are having trouble with the Emerald Proto, you might try using emerald presence against sloppus to reduce incoming damage and his healing. I actually use Yul'a so I can pop life exchange on the first round vs sloppus. works well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Beanie
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Beanie » February 21st, 2015, 1:55 pm

I cant say the nerf to XP in the garrison will hurt me as I have only just got into collecting so haven't used it so wont miss it I suppose.
Only problem I have at the moment is deciding what stones to use where and now I will be able to level 5 pets up with the lvl 25 boosts we will get I have no idea what i should be using them on ! or whether to save them for later.

Im reading all I can here as there is a lot of info ..maybe too much for a new collector like me though lol.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » February 21st, 2015, 2:37 pm

There is a small light at the end of the tunnel. I wont post it now, but after the patch goes live if it hasn't been changed, I will. :)

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 21st, 2015, 5:43 pm

Moonie1 wrote:There is a small light at the end of the tunnel. I wont post it now, but after the patch goes live if it hasn't been changed, I will. :)
Sounds like, you found something, you suspect Blizzard will change, if they learn about it, before patch is released??

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 22nd, 2015, 3:46 am

Beanie wrote:I cant say the nerf to XP in the garrison will hurt me as I have only just got into collecting so haven't used it so wont miss it I suppose.
Only problem I have at the moment is deciding what stones to use where and now I will be able to level 5 pets up with the lvl 25 boosts we will get I have no idea what i should be using them on ! or whether to save them for later.

Im reading all I can here as there is a lot of info ..maybe too much for a new collector like me though lol.
I'd start with ones that you need to two pet WoD/MoP dailies.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » February 22nd, 2015, 5:43 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Moonie1 wrote:There is a small light at the end of the tunnel. I wont post it now, but after the patch goes live if it hasn't been changed, I will. :)
Sounds like, you found something, you suspect Blizzard will change, if they learn about it, before patch is released??
It might be something they overlooked or it might be working as intended, its hard to tell as they never addressed any of the pet battling changes. Its not better than what we currently have and its not better than the Pandarian tamers, but it might still be worthwhile to use for some. Its not game breaking or anything to get excited over, sorry for being mysterious about it, the reveal wont live up to the hype for most of us. ;) Its just a minor booby prize.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 22nd, 2015, 8:23 pm

I will be ready when hell freezes over and since I'm in Louisiana I don't foresee that happening in the next few days. I have managed to level a few pets, this weekend, but have a long way to go. I'm still trying to level pets to deal w/ the dallies we have now in wod.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » February 23rd, 2015, 6:42 am

Been looking forward to this for ages! Been soloing BT weekly (am a rogue with an off-hand glaive :lol:) for ages - part of my Wednesday ritual. Only play the one toon so no multiple runs for me. Content has to last me weeks, maybe months, not obtaining everything the nanosecond it goes live. Wonder how long it'll take me to check off the new Raiding With Leashes. :D

Matthias
Pet Score:2648
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Matthias » February 23rd, 2015, 8:23 am

Can't wait for the new pets.

I'm currently sat at 590 / 600 pets and really REALLY want Skywing - But there aren't many pets left for me to collect that I can get without throwing down 5-40 K on Auction House :( I don't have this kind of gold lol

Moonflame
MVP
Pet Score:683
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Moonflame » February 23rd, 2015, 9:34 am

Matthias wrote:Can't wait for the new pets.

I'm currently sat at 590 / 600 pets and really REALLY want Skywing - But there aren't many pets left for me to collect that I can get without throwing down 5-40 K on Auction House :( I don't have this kind of gold lol
If it helps, Wanderer's Festival pet is easy to get on a Sunday, just turn up before the event starts.

Also, Mojo is quite an easy pet to get I think.

Annier
Pet Score:3857
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Annier » February 23rd, 2015, 10:58 am

Matthias wrote:Can't wait for the new pets.

Red cricket
4x Celestial tournament pets
Pebbles
Mojo
Trunks
Singing Cricket
Magical Crawdad

All are easily obtainable and would get you to 600