the top pet collectors

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pashiona
Pet Score:6056
BattleTag®:Pashiona#1924
Realm:Thrall-us
the top pet collectors

Post by Pashiona » February 16th, 2015, 5:18 pm

lol why is it that its the same 5 pets that none of them have? its so weird i thought for a min they were all the same person...

any reason?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: the top pet collectors

Post by Kpb321 » February 16th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Assuming you are referring to the people stuck at 4143 it's because the rest of the pets are pretty much impossible for them to get being either from a limited time event (essence of competition was the 2008 olympics pvp pet) or from some regional promotion that you can't even have as a US collector.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 17th, 2015, 10:50 am

It seems to me that the five people tied for second place are all missing four pets that aren't in game yet, and none of them have particular promotion pets. By fluke, they all have exactly the same number of pets, all rare, and all 25's. But the only pets on any of the wishlists are pets that aren't in game yet, which makes sense.

The person who has the top collection likely has a CE or con pet that the others don't have.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Seira_wcp_eu
Pet Score:5716
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Seira_wcp_eu » February 17th, 2015, 12:59 pm

murlocs
Gurky and Lurky were EU promotions, so US people had a hard time to obtain.
Murky was for a US Blizzcon, so EU people had hard time with this one.

it's probably not the same pet for everyone, but all missing 2 of the above. (probably.... did not check for 100%)

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » February 17th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Im gonna give a slightly more detailed response than tsundere here.

So number one on the site is missing 13 pets:
4 unreleased, 3 from upcoming world events, 1 from fishing shack.
5 only released in China
3 only released in Korea
1 only released in Taiwan

Of the five people on 4143 points (who share 2nd place) two are from US servers, while number one is from EU. what they are missing are the two EU exclusive pets, Gurky and Lurky. So those two have all pets that has ever been available on US servers.

The other three are from the EU, and are also missing Gurky, as well as Murky (the first blizzcon pet, and incredibly expensive).

Sorry for the long and boring answer, which is same as Tsundere above said, but can at least I hope it was informative.