Share pet collecting news and advice.
Noctus
Pet Score:13888
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Deathwatch Hatchling Guilds

Post by Noctus » April 19th, 2015, 4:47 pm

thank you for this.
it took about 4 hours to get the reputation with the human and tabard bufs

a few more to sell spares i had for the money.

i ended up selling one for 1k. bought he pet and put 700 into the gbank to thank the raiders and you for opening this and letting us get it.

Briannah
Pet Score:4831
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Briannah » April 25th, 2015, 7:48 pm

I just wanted to say thank you. I first read about this last night so today, I started a human toon (Whosthemage) on Archimonde. Immediately put a few pets on the ah, sold 1 within an hour. After I had the gold, put on heirlooms and sent her the illustrious guild tabard, I contacted Voodoo for membership as a pet collector. Got an invite within a couple of minutes, no problem, dropped 300 gold in the gb and started questing. After about 2 hours, getting to level 15...maybe 16...can't recall now....I reached revered and got my pet.

You made this process, quick, easy and painless. Thank you again, this is a wonderful thing you offer:D

Darkutters
MVP
Pet Score:5474
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Darkutters » April 26th, 2015, 11:48 am

:) Thanks for doing this, I know many of us really appreciate it!!

Fairkara
Pet Score:3349
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Fairkara » April 28th, 2015, 10:00 am

A most sincere and hearty thank you for giving us this opportunity!! I will be heading there this week to take you up on your offer :)

Lixalee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13016
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Lixalee » April 28th, 2015, 2:59 pm

Just a shout out of thanks to Voodoo. I got my Deathwatcher Hatchling about 2 weeks ago. Rolled a new human, got an invite, put a Ghastly Kid in the guild bank and a duplicate pet or two on the AH, donned my uber guild tabard and got to work. 5 hours /played later (kids -- so I took a lot of breaks) I was like level 14 1/2 or something and just finishing up Westfall when I dinged Revered. Picked up the 700g or so for the pets I sold, got my Hatchling, dropped the rest of the gold in the guild bank, thanked everyone in guild chat, /gquit, and I was away. It was really a nice bunch. I didn't interact with anyone in guild chat while I was doing my thing, but it was a lively bunch and I enjoyed reading the scroll while knocking things on the head with my staff (I find low level toons soooo painful). Thanks again Voodoo!

Irayna
MVP
Pet Score:9310
BattleTag®:Irayna#1946
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Irayna » April 30th, 2015, 7:13 am

I want to add my thanks to the list. I was able to get both the [pet]Deathwatch Hatchling[/pet] and the Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent, and I dropped 500g in the guild bank as a thank you. Sadly, I didn't think about the fact that I had to be level 85 to learn the dang spell, so it looks like I'll be hanging around on Archimonde a bit longer (since I'm not sure I feel I can bring myself to sell it back for only 750g).

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13767
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » May 4th, 2015, 11:55 am

I'd also like to thank Zahira and the guild for allowing me to join up to pick up the pet. Only took me a few hours to get to level 40 and revered, and in the meantime sold more than enough pets on the AH to pick up the hatchling and leave a a small donation behind for the guild. Much thanks!

:)

Zahira
MVP
Pet Score:10951
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Zahira » May 12th, 2015, 7:56 pm

We are no longer able to host this as our guild has recently undergone some changes. We will let everyone who is currently with us finish up but sorry folks that's all for Voodoo hosting.
-Zahira
Zahira#1279

Theraisama
Top Rater
Pet Score:7860
BattleTag®:Kiwi#1191
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Theraisama » May 13th, 2015, 4:26 pm

Zahira, if your guild is able to host again, could you let me know? @_@ I still am looking for a guild to get this with. ^.^ <3

Orcking
Top Rater
Pet Score:3894
BattleTag®:tightface#1959
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Orcking » May 14th, 2015, 1:39 am

Thanks Zahira and Voodoo. I just finished up my pet , you guys were great.

Zahira
MVP

Post by Zahira » May 25th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Theraisama wrote:Zahira, if your guild is able to host again, could you let me know? @_@ I still am looking for a guild to get this with. ^.^ <3
Check the forums at MMO champions there were a few guilds that posted in comments that they would. It is just too much for us right now we lost 2 officers to another guild, we lost one to real life job changes, so we have 4 active officers left, one is my husband and only on when I am, and one is on for raid nights only anymore. So basically every time I logged in I couldn't even play for all the requests I was getting and it was just way too much. Some one offered me 10k gold yesterday for an invite and I turned it down, I can not and will not make any exceptions for the sanity of me and my officers. Thank you everyone for understanding.
-Zahira GM Voodoo
Zahira#1279

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 26th, 2015, 2:00 am

Just a thought, but if there are so many requests, maybe it would be an idea to create a sort of 'officer lite' to handle these requests and get someone from here to fill that post.
They would just need to log on once a day and their incentive would be a percentage of the entry fee.

Zahira
MVP

Post by Zahira » May 26th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Waflob wrote:Just a thought, but if there are so many requests, maybe it would be an idea to create a sort of 'officer lite' to handle these requests and get someone from here to fill that post.
They would just need to log on once a day and their incentive would be a percentage of the entry fee.
We had other people helping, some of them also left, partially because of this. Others that we had helping couldn't grasp the relatively simple concept of promoting to pet collector, putting the date in the public note, and making sure the pet collector knew they only had 15 days, which meant I then had to go through the list every day to see if new people were invited, track them down, and find out if they were there for the pet or not. It was a HUGE drain on my personal time. I'm sorry so many of you don't understand that, I'm starting to regret ever doing this at all. I have lost an entire raid team, 2 officers (one of whom was running the team that made this even possible), and several long standing members because of it. We had to stop to save our guild, and if you don't understand that you don't deserve our help anyway.
Zahira#1279

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 27th, 2015, 3:06 am

I should qualify that I'm not on any US server, I really was just trying to make a (hopefully helpful) suggestion.

The time and energy drain, with resulting stress, is clear to see. We play this silly game for fun - there is no other reason.

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Shoecup » May 28th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Zahira wrote:
Waflob wrote:Just a thought, but if there are so many requests, maybe it would be an idea to create a sort of 'officer lite' to handle these requests and get someone from here to fill that post.
We had other people helping, some of them also left, partially because of this. Others that we had helping couldn't grasp the relatively simple concept of promoting to pet collector, putting the date in the public note, and making sure the pet collector knew they only had 15 days, which meant I then had to go through the list every day to see if new people were invited, track them down, and find out if they were there for the pet or not. It was a HUGE drain on my personal time. I'm sorry so many of you don't understand that, I'm starting to regret ever doing this at all. I have lost an entire raid team, 2 officers (one of whom was running the team that made this even possible), and several long standing members because of it. We had to stop to save our guild, and if you don't understand that you don't deserve our help anyway.
Just wanted to thank you for opening up your guild to the pet community so that they could get their Hatchlings. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that it came with the expense of losing your members but here's hoping that you all will be able to regroup and come back stronger <3

Zahira
MVP

Post by Zahira » May 30th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Shoecup wrote:Just wanted to thank you for opening up your guild to the pet community so that they could get their Hatchlings. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that it came with the expense of losing your members but here's hoping that you all will be able to regroup and come back stronger <3
Thank you for understanding, I can't tell you how refreshing that is <3
Zahira#1279

Darkrose8519
Pet Score:5043
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Darkrose8519 » May 31st, 2015, 3:32 pm

Zahira wrote:
Shoecup wrote:Just wanted to thank you for opening up your guild to the pet community so that they could get their Hatchlings. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that it came with the expense of losing your members but here's hoping that you all will be able to regroup and come back stronger <3
Thank you for understanding, I can't tell you how refreshing that is <3

I got mine from you guys months ago. I can't remember if I ever said thank you, I'm terrible about those sorts of things. I really did enjoy my short time with you guys and greatly appreciated the opportunity, I'm so sorry that doing such a good deed lead to such awful consequences for your community and only hope that you are able to pull together as a family and rise from the ashes stronger than you were, even if you never offer this service again, just know you did an amazing thing for the community, I hope that takes a small portion of the sting from your losses.

Dmn2099
Top Rater
Pet Score:10298
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Dmn2099 » September 23rd, 2015, 2:55 am

any chance, now that it's been a few months since all the calamity, that you are able to open back up to invites for pet collectors?

Shadowdice007
Top Rater
Pet Score:9794
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Shadowdice007 » September 26th, 2015, 1:23 pm

^
Last edited by Shadowdice007 on February 6th, 2016, 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Deviantelf » September 27th, 2015, 2:46 am

I'd really appreciate an invite. I added you on bnet. Already created a horde character in anticipation! Thanks.

Edit: Thanks to Shadowdice007! I got invited and am just working on the rep now. New pet soon! :)