Deathwatch Hatchling Guilds

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Emberfeu
Re: Deathwatch Hatchling Guilds

Post by Emberfeu » March 7th, 2015, 12:37 am

I posted this on the pet forums on wow but again thanks Zahira and the friendly peeps of Voodoo! I got my pet and decided to grind to exalted for the Thundering Jade Serpent mount. Ended up using 3 300% xp potions to get to 85 quick (had my SO run me through dungeons) so i could learn the mount.

Originally when I was grinding to revered for the pet, I was questing in hellfire and got ganked a bit but it was my own fault. I was interested in the wpvp going on xD If you don't like the ganking, if you have friends on a pve realm, they can invite you to group to phase you over to their realm. Granted you can't do dungeons but dungs suck for rep :P

Ahh the rambling..anyway thanks and I hope nobody ruins this great opportunity for future collectors.

~Emberfeu (aka Midnyte of Velen)

Sorshana

Post by Sorshana » March 8th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Thank you Zahira! I now have my [pet]Deathwatch Hatchling[/pet] and have dubbed him Voodoo in honor of the guild that was fantastic enough to allow me in! You and your guildies are awesome for doing this! They made me feel so welcome that I would have likely stayed with you if it hadn't been a PvP realm.

Much thanks and love at ya!
~Sorshana

Zahira
MVP
Pet Score:10951
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Zahira » March 9th, 2015, 1:00 am

I completely understand I don't personally like the PVP either but my husbands friends were on this realm when I started playing and I didn't want to start over on a new realm. So yeah I get it, world PVP is mostly many horde ganking one lowbie Alliance on our realm.

Jathal
Pet Score:4806
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Jathal » March 11th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Just got my Hatchling and wanted to thank you, Zahira, for letting us into your guild for a bit for the chance to get the little bugger. I enjoyed my short stay and would have asked to stay on, but PVP isn't really my cup of tea.

Thanks again!!

Jathal

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » March 15th, 2015, 5:39 am

I seem to have been removed from Guild. Are you no longer offering places?

Xenurus
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Xenurus » March 15th, 2015, 11:13 am

Ssparkles wrote:I seem to have been removed from Guild.
Roster hit 986 something members so Zahira removed any pet collector who hadn't been on for 10 (or so) days. You are more than welcome to rejoin to get the pet.

Ssparkles

Post by Ssparkles » March 15th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Xenurus wrote:
Ssparkles wrote:I seem to have been removed from Guild.
Roster hit 986 something members so Zahira removed any pet collector who hadn't been on for 10 (or so) days. You are more than welcome to rejoin to get the pet.
I'd made sure to log in everyday and work on the toon. I definitely had not been offline for 10 days. But nice to know I can rejoin. Thank you!

Ssparkles

Post by Ssparkles » March 15th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Pet collectors are now removed after 15 days. Which is more than enough time to get the rep needed to buy the pet.
But ask nice and you can be invited back :)

Zahira
MVP

Post by Zahira » March 16th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Sorry for the confusion I worded it badly, I have fixed it. We are kicking after 15 days of when you joined, since we have been told it takes about 2.5 hours to get to revered and getting 300 g shouldn't take more then 15 days, if you need more time just ask. Also if we already kicked you just pst for an invite back and we will give you a new invite date, sorry for any confusion.
NONE OF YOU HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG!!!!
I kicked over 120 people yesterday, we are being overwhelmed with pst's for invites every time we log in and we are trying to manage it so we can keep doing this for people, but we're getting to the point where we will either be charging or stopping soon.
-Zahira
Zahira#1279

Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Necia » March 23rd, 2015, 4:53 am

Thanks Zahira for the update! I was a little shocked myself when I logged in and saw my toon had been removed as well. I'd been focusing on a Horde toon and hadn't finished up my rep grind. :) I'll poke through the forums to refresh my memory about who to PST for an inv.

Take care,
Necia

Bunny
Top Rater
Pet Score:9616
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Bunny » March 23rd, 2015, 2:41 pm

Thank you Zahira and Voodoo for offering this to everyone! I was able to get my pet in about a day with no gankings so I'd say that was a win. Best of luck to you all! :)

- Formerly Bunnicula :)

Kabooki
Pet Score:3834
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Kabooki » March 26th, 2015, 10:38 pm

I wanted to add my own thank you to the wonderful folks at Voodoo and Zahira for letting me join the guild and get the pet! I wish you and your guild nothing but the best of luck!

Zahira
MVP

Post by Zahira » March 27th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Bunny wrote:Thank you Zahira and Voodoo for offering this to everyone! I was able to get my pet in about a day with no gankings so I'd say that was a win. Best of luck to you all! :)

- Formerly Bunnicula :)
Bunicula!!! I remember you!!! I still love that you picked that name, what a great book.
-Zahira
Zahira#1279

Tarasen
Pet Score:11312
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Tarasen » March 29th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Thanks so much! First experience leveling on a PVP server was fun. Appreciate the opportunity to get the pet.

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Anarchitect » March 30th, 2015, 1:24 am

I just got the pet. :D Thanks so much!

A tip for people who are frustrated at leveling on a PVP server -- you can usually find a guild in the LFG system that will allow you to quest from a different server.

Lunaprince2
Pet Score:4190
Realm:Azgalor-us

Post by Lunaprince2 » April 4th, 2015, 2:48 am

Thank you everyone in Voodoo! This made my 700th unique Battle Pet. Everyone was very friendly for the 3 hours I was in the guild. Dropped an extra 500g in the guild bank for you all. Have fun everybody!!
~Lunarus-Azgalor

Abizzmyl
Pet Score:9730
BattleTag®:Rellish#1195
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abizzmyl » April 14th, 2015, 3:06 am

Thanks so much to Zahira and the rest of Voodoo for allowing me to join and get my Deathwatch Hatchling. I would have liked to stick around as everyone was so friendly but being in Oceanic time zone I rarely get to play at your prime time.

A few of my guildies have also taken up your kind offer but don't have accounts on this site so a thank you also on their behalf :)

Bellaryl
Pet Score:4595
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Bellaryl » April 16th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Allow me to add my experience here, because I just left a few minutes ago. I spent 2 weeks with the wonderful people in Voodoo getting not only my deathwatch hatchlings, but also my thundering jade serpent mount!! Not only was Zahira and the gang so gracious in giving me time to level up enough to learn the mount, but the group itself was outstandingly kind and patient with all the pet collectors meandering in & out of its ranks.

I'll echo some tips for those who, like me, aren't used to PvP servers: create a low level human (for the rep bonus) and send your new toon a Reknowned Guild Tabard if you can before you start - it gives 275 rep for every quest. I reached exalted by the time I was level 12 or 13. As soon as I could, I dungeoned it the rest of the way to 85. Refrain from starting a death knight as you will be in the thick of PvP stuff. It's not that fun to wait for 1/2 hour for some level 100 dork to get bored with repeatedly killing you and your quest target.

I was truly sad to leave, and I made sure to donate a few pets and some gold to the guild to show my appreciation. Zahira kindly extended an offer to make me a member, but alas, I have my own guild to maintain on the Thrall server - although we're no longer a raiding guild and haven't unlocked much. I didn't want to be greedy and use up a valuable spot in Voodoo that could be used for someone more productive. So...I made room for another lucky pet collector.

I can't say enough good things about this group - the members and the guild leadership were all outstanding. I have much respect and admiration for Zahira and Voodoo for opening their doors up to others like me who might not otherwise have such an opportunity.

Zahira - I'll be watching you guys! You may see my Merila again when you unlock that Battleboar! Many thanks!

Tsora
Top Rater
Pet Score:13309
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Tsora » April 18th, 2015, 9:10 am

Just wanted to add my big thanks to everyone in Voodoo for allowing all the crazy pet collectors in! I started a human and with the guild tabard, got to revered by level 14. Sold a Young Talbuk cheap for a quick sale, nabbed my lovely new Deathwatch Hatchling, and donated the remaining gold to the gbank.

Everyone in Voodoo was friendly and so accommodating to the endless in and outs of pet collectors! You guys rock!

<3
Juko