Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Question about Garrsion Pet Drops

Post by Abbotta » February 1st, 2015, 2:08 pm

Ok so far I have all the Garrison Daily pets and I have the Herbalism Pet drop (not the one you buy with seeds). I got the Herbalism one when I found a cheap one for sale in AH.

Since getting all those pets I noticed that I never see those pets again in my bags at the Garrison and my Rarity add-on no longer shows how many attempts I made at finding that sproutling.

Are these Garrison pets setup that once you find them you can no longer get them again? I know with Pandaria Tamer Pets (Spirit/Fable) they still show up even after getting the collection.

Just curious.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Question about Garrsion Pet Drops

Post by Luciandk » February 1st, 2015, 2:25 pm

Its been months since I finished the set of menagerie pets. Seen no more.

Never had an ore eater drop. But I had one nightshade which I put on AH, as I already had bought one.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » February 2nd, 2015, 7:51 am

I'd be interested in an answer regarding the one you get from mining / herborism.

I have yet to get any of them, but if you can only get one per charachter (or worst, per account) it is bound to have a huge impact on hv price. As it is, they haven't gone down significantly in the last few weeks and Nightshade Sproutling, as it happens, has gone up (on Kirin Tor -EU).

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » February 2nd, 2015, 7:58 am

Ever since I collected all the garrison bag pets, no more have dropped for me. Killed what feels like a hundred sproutlings and no luck, and I've only seen one ore Eater in weeks and it didn't drop the pet.

Hopefully we're just having bad luck.

Vainio
MVP

Post by Vainio » February 2nd, 2015, 8:57 am

Not sure if you included the pets from the daily menagerie quest in this, but I can say that you can get those multiple times. And they sell pretty well on AH.

As for the drops I don't know, I have yet to see them drop (5 characters doing the shizzle since a few weeks after launch).

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » February 2nd, 2015, 9:00 am

I've gotten multiples of the menagerie pets, no ore eaters and I didn't see it looted but I ended up with an extra nightshade sproutling in my bag at some point (friend gave me the one I already had). I herb in 5 gardens every day, so i dunno what to say except ew @ the droprate.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » February 2nd, 2015, 11:08 pm

Not sure if you can get duplicate menagerie bag pets on a single toon. Each of my toons got 1 set, then nada. That was back before the nerf and I did 500 wins. My fear is one per toon, and I sold them way too cheap. So to answer OP question, IF you can get them again on a single toon, it's a VERY low drop rate.

The Ore Eater and Nightshade Sproutling are just low drop rate and available outside the garrison as well.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 3rd, 2015, 2:34 am

I've been working my farm and mine every day faithfully (and tediously) on 9 toons now for a few months, been jumped often but never gotten a single pet. Did get an Ore Eater once, but that was on Blackrock Ore in Talador.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 4th, 2015, 4:15 pm

My theory, borne out by my own experience over three menageries, is that you can get duplicates of those pets which come in multiple breeds (Albino Chimaeraling, Sun Sproutling, Firewing) but the other four are one-time-per-character only.

If anyone can verify that they got a duplicate of one of the other four pets drop for a character who had already had that pet, please do so. :)

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 5th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Graven wrote:My theory, borne out by my own experience over three menageries, is that you can get duplicates of those pets which come in multiple breeds (Albino Chimaeraling, Sun Sproutling, Firewing) but the other four are one-time-per-character only.

If anyone can verify that they got a duplicate of one of the other four pets drop for a character who had already had that pet, please do so. :)
So I'm curious

If I remove the pet from my inventory would the change to receive it again occur? Or is this like the Shore Crawler where once I get it that's it, I'm done and if I sell the thing then I'm S*** out of luck on ever getting that pet again unless I pay for it on the AH.

Has anyone tested that theory?

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 6th, 2015, 10:04 am

Yea. I wanted to test it out so I went for a while without caging the menagerie pets I got, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the drops. My guess is when you open the reward bag and "loot" the pet, that adds a flag to that character which stops it from dropping for them again (apart from the above-mentioned exceptions).

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 6th, 2015, 5:02 pm

Graven wrote:Yea. I wanted to test it out so I went for a while without caging the menagerie pets I got, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the drops. My guess is when you open the reward bag and "loot" the pet, that adds a flag to that character which stops it from dropping for them again (apart from the above-mentioned exceptions).
Is that flag BOA or toon connected? I only have one toon with a Menagerie 3 (I only have one toon at 100 - I hate leveling, second toon is at 91). If I were to cage my pets and do those dailies on my 2nd toon once I get PM3, would that make a difference?

I do know this much - when I got PM3, those 6 pets came pretty darn quickly; probably before I completed the first cycle of daily pet battles.

Ironically my rarity never mentions my count for Sky-bo after I bought a Sky-bo that was dumped for cheap in the AH. So far Blingtron 5000 has been cruel to me. Yet even after I bought a Jademist Dancer from AH (again another cheap find), I still get rarity counts on Jademist Dancer attempts. If one drops I'll probably put it up for adoption over at that Pet Adoption Agency on Bladefist.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 6th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Abbotta wrote:Is that flag BOA or toon connected?
I don't think it's an account-wide thing, it's per toon. I've received a second "set" of Menagerie pets on an alt.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » February 6th, 2015, 6:19 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Abbotta wrote:Is that flag BOA or toon connected?
I don't think it's an account-wide thing, it's per toon. I've received a second "set" of Menagerie pets on an alt.
I have 5 level 100 toons. I have looted exactly 5 of every Menagerie pet. I have done the dailes relentlessly and have in total more than 2000 pet charms. I am 99% confident only one of each pet can be looted per toon.
I have just dinged another level 100 to which I expect to get another full set of pets.

Robbiedehand
Pet Score:3837
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Robbiedehand » February 7th, 2015, 11:22 am

Gwenolyn wrote:Not sure if you can get duplicate menagerie bag pets on a single toon. Each of my toons got 1 set, then nada. That was back before the nerf and I did 500 wins. My fear is one per toon, and I sold them way too cheap. So to answer OP question, IF you can get them again on a single toon, it's a VERY low drop rate.

The Ore Eater and Nightshade Sproutling are just low drop rate and available outside the garrison as well.
I had 2 weebominations when i still had only 1 char doing the dialy that where the first 2 pets that dropped for me, i had a total of 4 of that one now with 3 chars doing it, could just be a really low drop for extra's ?

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 7th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Robbiedehand wrote:I had 2 weebominations when i still had only 1 char doing the dialy that where the first 2 pets that dropped for me, i had a total of 4 of that one now with 3 chars doing it, could just be a really low drop for extra's ?
I believe you may be correct - I did not keep an accurate count on all the pets I've gotten (with 6 menageries running daily), but the drop rate either was nerfed/removed for duplicates or I'm being my normal abysmally unlucky self - I have not gotten a single pet to drop on anyone who had gotten them all prior to xmas, and none on the 2 new 100's from after xmas since they got the 7th pet to drop. Until I get another pet to drop on ANY of my 6, though, I personally cannot say for sure if it's no longer possible, or just really low chance.

Zahira
MVP
Pet Score:10951
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Zahira » February 9th, 2015, 8:53 pm

I received more then one weebomination on my main, but I noticed a drastic drop in the drop rate on these pets
Zahira#1279

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » February 9th, 2015, 9:20 pm

I cannot seem to find it now, but I recently stumbled across a blue post stating that once you collect a full set, the drop rate lowers on the pets from the Big Bag of Pet Supplies.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 10th, 2015, 11:33 am

Aurae wrote:I cannot seem to find it now, but I recently stumbled across a blue post stating that once you collect a full set, the drop rate lowers on the pets from the Big Bag of Pet Supplies.
Do you remember if the formula was equal to something like NewDrop% = OldDrop% - (Modifier% + (OldDropChance% * IsPlayerRendigar))? Would explain my lack of luck getting any more! :D

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » February 10th, 2015, 11:50 am

Haha, can't say for sure on that, Rendigar. ;)

I've managed three full "sets" so far and various duplicates not quite adding up to a fourth full set. I'll just chalk it up to the fact that I've given the other two sets away.