Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sarpants
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
BattleTag®:evenmonkeys#1306
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Guilds with Deathwatch Hatchling

Post by Sarpants » January 26th, 2015, 6:58 pm

I'm really shocked that there aren't guilds offering this pet. I saw Check Please was offering it for awhile, but got overran with random people.. so they stopped. And then there's a few random guilds offering the pet for 5k-20k. I think it's kind of silly to charge the fellow pet collecting community for something like that. I get that people want to be paid for their time in getting the achievement, but it speaks well and heavy when people are willing to help their fellow community without requiring something in return.

Anyways.. does anyone know of a guild offering the pet to those who want to grind the reputation? Preferably without having to spend 20x more gold than I'll have to earn for the pet.

Thank you.

Sasquatchiii
Pet Score:3486
BattleTag®:sasquatciii#1243
Realm:Deathwing-us

Re: Guilds with Deathwatch Hatchling

Post by Sasquatchiii » January 29th, 2015, 2:34 am

Bump. I'm currently looking for a guild to join who can offer this pet. I'll love you forever :)

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » January 29th, 2015, 10:05 am

the thing is, most guilds that has gotten the achievement done are NOT pet guilds. they do it for achievement points, mounts, xmog gear and bragging rights.

And I was one of the people who got it from Check please, but while grateful, I also understand why they stopped invites. Magical menagerie had the Thundering Hatchling rush, where we had thousands of people coming in for it in a short time period. I (and the other members of Magical Menagerie) are happy we could help so many got the Thundering Hatchling. But imagine officers constantly having to keep track on how many members there are (it was shifting between 900-990 in an hour sometimes), people who took stuff from guild bank to sell to afford the pet, people who blatantly expected the guild to pay for their pet etc.
It was hectic to say the least.

Now, imagine being a guild not filled with pet collectors, why would you want that? I can uderstand why some guilds want gold for it, because its a mess to handle it word spreads to quickly that its free.

That being said, in time there will be a few guilds who will be understanding enough to offer it, so just wait for that. its a very difficult achievement, that takes a lot of time.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 29th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Blixtiya wrote:the thing is, most guilds that has gotten the achievement done are NOT pet guilds. they do it for achievement points, mounts, xmog gear and bragging rights.

And I was one of the people who got it from Check please, but while grateful, I also understand why they stopped invites. Magical menagerie had the Thundering Hatchling rush, where we had thousands of people coming in for it in a short time period. I (and the other members of Magical Menagerie) are happy we could help so many got the Thundering Hatchling. But imagine officers constantly having to keep track on how many members there are (it was shifting between 900-990 in an hour sometimes), people who took stuff from guild bank to sell to afford the pet, people who blatantly expected the guild to pay for their pet etc.
It was hectic to say the least.

Now, imagine being a guild not filled with pet collectors, why would you want that? I can uderstand why some guilds want gold for it, because its a mess to handle it word spreads to quickly that its free.

That being said, in time there will be a few guilds who will be understanding enough to offer it, so just wait for that. its a very difficult achievement, that takes a lot of time.
Well said. Very few guilds are going to be doing this just for the pet; most of the guilds that already have it are progression oriented raid guilds and they don't want to deal with the hassle of managing a group of pet collectors who may or may not behave themselves. The last thing they want is someone to be filling up guild chat during raids or talking smack on trade chat with their guild name attached, and yes that has happened!

Also given that they did all the hard work for the achievement, they are in no way obligated to help out pet collectors and I figure the right thing to do to thank them is to throw them some coin. Think of the costs that they incurred to get through the CMs in the first place, plus the hours they spent working on it. Your gold will help fund their repairs, enchants, flasks, feasts and such.

A few guilds will eventually allow people to join for free, so if that is what you're hoping for you'll probably need to wait for a more pet oriented guild to get the achieve.