Honoring the memory of Mourninglory/Wyllow

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
Honoring the memory of Mourninglory/Wyllow

Post by Breanni » January 26th, 2015, 3:09 pm

We were informed this morning that a valuable member of both this website and the World of Warcraft forums passed away. In honor of Wyllow/Mourninglory, the Warcraftpets guild on Madoran will be changing our Family rank (The never kick rank.) to Wyllow. We have also given her MVP status so her account will forever be here just the way she left it.

We would like to ask you to share any memories you have of interacting with her, or condolences for her family in this thread.

You can view the official Blizzard thread at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700617654

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Honoring the memory of Mourninglory/Wyllow

Post by Roarey » January 26th, 2015, 4:19 pm

My sympathies to her husband and children, family and friends! I never had the privilege of knowing her, I was only a lurker on the Cust Service Forums of the Blizz site..but she always had a kind word for everyone. I looked for a small way to honor her in a way that would mean the world to a pet collector...her excitement and enthusiasm over catching the elusive [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] made it quite simple really...MG, you shall live on with wings and wisdom..I dedicate Wyllow my Unborn Val'kyr to your memory.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » January 27th, 2015, 7:19 am

I didn't know her personally, but I do know that she was a super-helpful member of the WoW community. She was also one of WarcraftPets' very first members, creating an account just one day after we launched the registration page.

My heart aches for her friends and family. She was loved by many, and she will be missed.

Elunamakata
Pet Score:3562
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Elunamakata » January 27th, 2015, 8:14 am

I'm a virtual "noob" here at Warcraft pets, but I've known Mourningglory for years, she was a guild mate of mine but also a good friend outside of Azeroth....she encouraged me to join the site when I started pet battling with the WoD expansion because it was such a wealth of information.

:?

Thank you, for remembering my dear friend.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 27th, 2015, 10:00 am

Sad.
I didnt know her, but saw posts here and there.

I will rename one of my pets in her honour. Doesn't change anything, but its a little gesture I can do, maybe it means something to someone.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » January 27th, 2015, 11:59 am

I never have gotten round to making that US account to talk to the majority of you all on the other side of the pond, however I would like to show my deepest sympathy to her friends, family and loved ones at this hard time.

I just hope there is some small small condolence to them all to see how valued and loved she appears to be by a wide variety and number of people.

My thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

Edit: I noticed she has the pandaren fire kitty as an avatar/pet of choice on forum, I decided to rename my own for her :)
Last edited by Guest on January 27th, 2015, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alanonymous
Pet Score:492
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Alanonymous » January 27th, 2015, 2:28 pm

Well, this is my first post here on my new account. I want to thank the mods here for this thread and what they have done to honor my friend Wyllow (or MG as she was known to many on the Blizzard Customer Service forums). Moving so quickly after I emailed Breanni about her death and the honor bestowed on her by this site and the renaming of a guild rank after her is a moving tribute for a wonderful and beautiful lady. Thank you for caring enough about a member of your community who meant so much to so many to take the time and make the effort to recognize her.

You guys ROCK!!!

I have obtained a Ruby Sapling and named it Wyllow in her honor. As a member of her guild and her friend in RL, I'd like to thank Breanni and Doobjanka for honoring her here. She will be missed. <3

Bossy
Pet Score:5269
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Bossy » January 27th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I haven't posted here, but I use your site all the time -and refer others with any kind of question here for information. Thank you for having this resource out here! <3

Thank you as well for the honor you have shown this lovely and amazing woman. Her passing leaves the world a little darker and colder. Her pets were one of her joys - before they were account bound, before they were even spells learned. To be remembered and memorialized here would make her so very happy and proud.

My friend Wyllow will always be in our hearts, and now, she will continue to touch the lives of all who visit your amazing site.

My Alliance Moonkinling has been named "Emgee" and my Horde, Wyllow.

Thank you.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 28th, 2015, 11:06 am

I feel sorry for her families loss, its cool that you mentioned it here.

I have a friend in Australia who came down with cancer last year and I havent heard from her on a forum we post on since September. We only have one email contact for her family so we have no way of knowing whether she passed or is recooperating. its frustrating to never know.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 29th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Perhaps a petition for the 700 unique pets collected (when its added ingame) to be in some way a tribute to wyllow might be worth pushing for.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 30th, 2015, 2:16 pm

My condolences to the WoW family. :(

Alvraen
Pet Score:1873
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Alvraen » February 7th, 2015, 5:03 pm

She was my sister of the heart. I miss her dearly.

She celebrated when the Gooey Sha-ling was announced (it's a nod to Sha of Happiness, someone very special to us) and there's nothing I can say.

She loved you all, she loved her pets, and summon a moonkin and dance. She's dancing with you in spirit.