Unborn Val'kyr trouble

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Re: Unborn Val'kyr trouble

Post by Guest » January 25th, 2015, 10:17 am

Mrbushido wrote:
Thralkhar wrote:
Mrbushido wrote:Hey I'm new to pet collecting/battling so I decided to go for this pet but I'm having an extremely hard time because of how high pop my server is.
BTW, you Really need a Turnip, I can tell what guides you are using to start your collection, and you are off to a good start, but any capture team needs to have a turnip available for those fussy caps where you need them below 25% but still alive.
Couldn't I just level up my Corgi to get his false swipe like ability? (If you don't play pokemon false swipe is a move that does damage but can't reduce their health lower than 1.) I can try making a character on a low pop server but damn would it be annoying to level him up to a point where I can just fly around Northrend. I might be able to just ask a friend to make a low level character and then just swing me an invite over. Once again thanks for the advice.
You can, the Corgi is in many ways a furry turnip. But you need to level him up, right now it looks like you followed one of the 'fastest way to get to 25' guides since you have the Arcane Eyes, Water Striders and Dragonbone Hatchlings, so you are lacking depth.

I have a horde toon(s), but while I am on a low pop server, it is PvP, which makes waiting on rare spawns ... interesting.

The point is not to level up so you can fly around Northrend, rather you take a toon and park it there then check it regularly. Same way we catch Baby Apes, you leave the toon sitting there. After days of flying rotations of all the spawn points, that was how I caught my Valk. Otherwise, you will have to find someone willing to bring you over to a party and not queue for any randoms/ raids/ bgs while you fly around their server looking for a pet, not once, but likely several times. I know when I am logged into WoW I am either leveling pets, or I am in a queue waiting on something to pop, I expect many others are similar.

One trick you might use is to use the premade group finder to switch realms once you are at a spawn point.

Alesis
Pet Score:2472
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Alesis » January 25th, 2015, 10:23 am

I guess thats the tradeoff for being on a low pop server (soe/cc).....i run across valks, scourged whelps, and all the other camped pets all the time, but the cost of pets in the AH is stupidly high. I have to sell common lvl 25 caged pets on high pop servers with a lowbie alt to make gold to get the rarer ones i need for a fair price. (just sold a lvl 25 draenei micro defender and a lvl 25 chrominius on wyrmrest and bought a ethereal soul-trader with the gold, yay!) :D

The way i always catch the valks is the the corgi, i only had one suicide on me once.

Shmiles
Pet Score:12954
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Shmiles » January 26th, 2015, 4:34 am

Thralkhar wrote:
Shmiles wrote:If you don't have Valk & Minfernal by now you're not exactly a serious collector.
Thank you for your opinion, next time someone has a question on how to define a serious collector, we now have part of your definition.

Someone could start playing WoW next week, but since they do not meet Shmiles definition, they can never be a "serious collector" and so we should tell them to not bother.

I asked that the OP link his profile and say if Horde or Ally so that we would know who could best help him and that he was a collector (as opposed to a spammer/ griefer/troll) . He did both, and we have offered up assistance/ advice.
Why would someone on WarcraftPets be a griefer or a troll? They're on a pet collecting website.

It would be much easier to say...

"Hey dude, awesome you're going for these pets as they are hard to get, here's my btag"

On that note, if anyone wants to check Jubei'Thos (oceanic realm, relatively quiet compared to frostmourne or barthilas), add me on Shimils#1745.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 26th, 2015, 4:42 am

I have a thread going in pet trades forums - i will check for minfernals and unborn valks and send shout outs when i find them at least once a week so be sure to check there or add my btag squishy#1137

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 26th, 2015, 9:36 am

Mrbushido wrote:1.) I can try making a character on a low pop server but damn would it be annoying to level him up to a point where I can just fly around Northrend. I might be able to just ask a friend to make a low level character and then just swing me an invite over. Once again thanks for the advice.
I used my WOD boost just for that purpose. A Mage boosted to 90 can be anywhere within minutes for a pet battle.
If you don't have a boost, or don't want to pay for one, a DK could be an option. Make one on Gallywix Brasil, and Ill help ya get to Northrend.

Post by Guest » January 26th, 2015, 10:05 am

Shmiles wrote:Why would someone on WarcraftPets be a griefer or a troll? They're on a pet collecting website.
Dunno why do You Grief?
Shmiles wrote:
Shmiles wrote:If you don't have Valk & Minfernal by now you're not exactly a serious collector.
But welcome to my perm block list

As for the remainder, I see and have reported plenty of both as well as link spammers

Mrbushido
Pet Score:146
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Mrbushido » January 26th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Wow I didn't expect my thread to cause trouble or anything. BUT thanks for the tips I actually caught one this morning! All your advice has helped and I appreciate it!

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 26th, 2015, 12:45 pm

Nice!!
How did it work out for you in the end?

On to the Minfernal, chop chop :)

Post by Guest » January 26th, 2015, 2:26 pm

Mrbushido wrote:Wow I didn't expect my thread to cause trouble or anything.
It didn't. No worries
Mrbushido wrote:BUT thanks for the tips I actually caught one this morning! All your advice has helped and I appreciate it!
Glad you caught her! I still think she should be able to ride into battle on a Clefthide Runt. My argent Squire got a pony after all.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 26th, 2015, 9:23 pm

Buruan wrote:Nice!!

Good! It wasn't a rare sadly but Uncommon is something I'll take gladly. It had haunt this time so I didn't have to reset. All I need is a stone and I'm good to go. Yes Minfernal awaits haha.

Post by Guest » January 26th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Mrbushido wrote:Good! It wasn't a rare sadly but Uncommon is something I'll take gladly.
That is what stones are for. I think mine was poor when I caught her. You will find that battle stones are pretty common once you get started doing the dailies, but she is worth the effort.

Shmiles
Pet Score:12954
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Shmiles » January 27th, 2015, 2:57 am

Thralkhar wrote:
Shmiles wrote:Why would someone on WarcraftPets be a griefer or a troll? They're on a pet collecting website.
Dunno why do You Grief?
Shmiles wrote:

As for the remainder, I see and have reported plenty of both as well as link spammers
How am I griefing people by calling them out? Its not as if they're camping the spawn points 24/7.

Also, wanna stop being an internet hero? People were getting all high and mighty about inviting people to other realms when there's plenty of pets to go around.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » January 27th, 2015, 4:57 am

Mrbushido wrote:
Thralkhar wrote:BTW, you Really need a Turnip, I can tell what guides you are using to start your collection, and you are off to a good start, but any capture team needs to have a turnip available for those fussy caps where you need them below 25% but still alive.
Couldn't I just level up my Corgi to get his false swipe like ability? (If you don't play pokemon false swipe is a move that does damage but can't reduce their health lower than 1.) I can try making a character on a low pop server but damn would it be annoying to level him up to a point where I can just fly around Northrend. I might be able to just ask a friend to make a low level character and then just swing me an invite over. Once again thanks for the advice.
That should work. If you plan to get into pet collecting seriously though, you are probably going to want a turnip anyway... if only to have one in your collection. They are pretty cheap too.

I am on a medium pop (PvE) realm, but I had no problems getting two [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]s right here and would be happy to throw you a B.net invite. I am listed as alliance but play both factions. My highest level horde is only 95 though, so keep that in mind. Since I am retired, and have little else to do all day, I am on-line a lot. Alternately, if you have a character that is too low level to fly in Northrend, I have two person flying mounts and could fly you around until we found one.

Edit: And I see you got one already! Grats! I guess that will teach me to ready the entire thread before posting a reply.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 27th, 2015, 9:30 am

^ Thanks for the offer though! It's nice to see how friendly and helpful these forums are. Glad I posted.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 27th, 2015, 9:32 am

Shmiles wrote:
Thralkhar wrote:
Dunno why do You Grief?
Shmiles wrote:

How am I griefing people by calling them out? Its not as if they're camping the spawn points 24/7.

Also, wanna stop being an internet hero? People were getting all high and mighty about inviting people to other realms when there's plenty of pets to go around.
I don't know if you're exactly griefing but you did come off as pretty rude. I mean I have a life I can't camp spawn points 24/7. Pet collecting isn't the primary reason I play this game either so I do want to do other things besides camp points all day every day. It's something to do in my spare time. But even if I may not be the most hardcore person here I'm pleased to see that everyone is willing to help.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 27th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Buruan wrote:Nice!!

if you haven't caught your minfernal yet - add me squishy#1137 - I will be checking today and next few days :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 27th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Congrats [profile]Mrbushido[/profile] on capturing an [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]! I'm glad that the community was able to assist in your quest to find one. :)

Seeing as you've acquired your val'kyr, I'll be locking this thread since it has unfortunately taken an unproductive turn.

[profile]Shmiles[/profile], the WarcraftPets community welcomes all types of collectors, "serious" or otherwise. We encourage everyone to provide helpful information to those seeking it, as well as words of support. Let's continue to maintain an open and welcoming community. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com