eBay chrisandron2005 any feedback?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sundrop
Pet Score:487
Realm:Sen'jin-us
eBay chrisandron2005 any feedback?

Post by Sundrop » January 26th, 2012, 3:10 pm

I am considering buying a few tcg pets. Though they have high feedback and all, I have personally never purchased off eBay before. I was hoping someone here might be able to share an experience they had with this seller? Worth it? Scam?

Thank you in advance for your time replying :)

Sundrop

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: eBay chrisandron2005 any feedback?

Post by Lysi » January 26th, 2012, 5:17 pm

I've bought TCG loot without any trouble, but I don't know if I ever dealt with this particular seller. Loot codes are safer than buying some items off eBay, you know exactly what you're getting, you won't be fooled by a photo like if you're buying a piece of furniture. You just need to weigh the risk and decide whether or not to take the plunge. At least with eBay you have all this feedback to check, most of the time when you walk into a store irl you don't bother to check with the better business bureau or look at online reviews first.

eBay allows you to see feedback 6 ways from Sunday. So here's chrisandron2005's feedback page -

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

In addition to the positive and negative comments, I look at the overall number of sells. If someone has only sold a few items, I tend to stay away, no matter how positive those comments. With 35937 positive feedback, certainly this can't be "a scam" but not necessarily perfect. This is good though, only 9 negative ratings for a whole year. It sounds like more than one person works the account, that might explain why some replies are more polite than others. Many of the neutrals and negatives from the past year sound resolved, people who didn't get the item got refunds (the others may have been resolved, too, you can't always tell from the feedback). You can click the numbers in the feedback table to see those actual comments, like you can click the "5" under negative comments in the past six months, to see those 5 comments.

Another tip with eBay, always check the shipping price! Some sellers put the bid really low, but put more than necessary for the shipping and make the profit there. I've bought some loot codes where they are willing to just email the code and charge no shipping at all, but most loot sellers insist on sending the actual card. So be sure to read all the terms for the item.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » January 27th, 2012, 1:34 am

I have purchased from this seller before and I found them to be very professional and easy to deal with. I bought one already existing pet and preordered another and I had no problems with any part of the transaction. They replied quickly to emails and I've got them saved as a favorite seller. HTH! :D

Shalura
Pet Score:7233
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Shalura » January 27th, 2012, 5:36 pm

At one time I was buying and selling quite a few Magic: The Gathering cards on eBay. I never had any problems, but it's probably been 10 years since I was active.

Durante

Post by Durante » January 27th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Bought from them. They are totally legit. Was even willing to email me the codes instead of having to wait for the card to arrive in the mail.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » January 28th, 2012, 4:37 pm

With that many orders and basicly only posetive reviews i would never be conserned about ordering something like that on eBay. specialy since this isnt something where you can get it in a worse condiction than expected.

Basicly if i see someone with well over 100, and by far the majority of the feedback is posetive, i wont think twice about it. Also remember that no matter how good service and products you sell, when you have that many sales, there is always some people that get butthurt, offen even if its themself that havnt payed attention, and will give bad reviews.

EDIT: try read his bad reviews (linked futher up), its kinda fun how he doesnt give a fuck about those few people giving him bad reviews :P

Poesy
Pet Score:10448
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Poesy » January 28th, 2012, 7:25 pm

I've bought from this seller multiple times, both through eBay and directly, and I've never had anything but a flawless transaction. If you buy the physical card, they are shipped the same day and come protected in a hard toploader. They also seem love to tuck extra bonus cards in with your purchase. ;) I'd say go for it!

Cherrysweater
Top Rater
Pet Score:2783
BattleTag®:Nametaken#1238

Post by Cherrysweater » January 29th, 2012, 10:04 am

I think when I started buying loot cards on Ebay, I purchased from them and everything was fine. More recently I discovered their online store, so I buy from there instead now... the common cards are $1-2 less than the ones in their Ebay store and I can just log in through gmail and still use Paypal for payment. They will email the card codes if I ask them to.

ETA: What Lysi says is correct regarding multiple people working with the account. I have dealt with a few different people when I've purchased cards before. All of them have been really nice!

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975

Post by Lysi » January 29th, 2012, 11:52 am

Cherrysweater, interesting, I didn't know they had an online store. Googled it, is this the link? http://www.warcraftgamingcenter.com/
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » January 31st, 2012, 10:22 pm

Warcraftgamingcenter.com is my go to store for TCG items. I found them back in the UDE point days. Never had a problem.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Cherrysweater
Top Rater
Pet Score:2783
BattleTag®:Nametaken#1238

Post by Cherrysweater » February 1st, 2012, 10:44 pm

Yes Lysi, that is it!

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » February 10th, 2012, 11:40 am

I know the seller and being an International buyer, I have chosen not to buy from them for a two reasons:

a) they aren't always the cheapest (in both cost of the card and in postage)
b) they receive constant and consistent bad feedback regarding packaging of the cards and delivery time frames.

I spent quite some time pouring through the feedback to get a feel. I'm never interested in the 24k positives or 100% - I want to know the bad side (just like when I book a hotel). 100% feedback in eBay means nothing now as it's on a rolling time frame. Given I like to keep the cards and that they have a 14 day possible ship time to me, I need to know the seller isn't going to rip me off or just whack it in between two pieces of card and post it.

I have been recently purchasing cards from a seller in the US who, after getting one awesome item in the post, I've decided to use them a few times since. I'm also grabbing the Grell from them which they will be putting up this week (I'm never in that much of a rush). Also, while skimming through, I have found another potentially faultless seller which you may wish to investigate:

The guys I've purchased from so far: http://stores.ebay.com.au/camelot-toys-and-hobbies?_rdc=1

Another I'm checking out:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/lobubba/m.html?item=250992689232&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

It depends on what it is you're after - if you don't care for the card, that's less of a problem. But if you want to keep it, and get it in a reasonable time frame, look at what people write and complain about.

Good luck! :)

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » February 12th, 2012, 6:34 am

When I've ordered cards from this seller the packaging has been almost over the top secure... One sturdy acrylic slip for each card that have been inside a slightly bigger acrylic card wedged inbetween double cardboard slices and then put in a bubblewrap envelope. As for shipping time frames, no matter where I order from it'll take about two weeks to get here if I don't pay insane amounts of money for express shipping, but perhaps you live in a country which has the ability to magically teleport stuff across the atlantic. ;)

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399

Post by Emberdione » February 27th, 2012, 4:51 pm

I have bought several of the more expensive cards from these guys. They have always shipped fast, and securely. They usually put the card in a hard plastic sleeve and then wrap it between two pieces of cardboard. In addition to that, they usually throw in one of the cheap loot cards for bonus.

I don't get why other people are mentioning slow shipping, as I have never had a problem with it taking a long time to get an item, but then I am in California. It usually takes about a week, including weekends. They are always speedy and do a good job of informing you of when they shipped the card and such.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » March 31st, 2012, 3:50 pm

I agree, they are really good sellers. Whenever I purchase anything from them, it arrives quickly and in good condition. They also usually throw in some bonus loot cards (pet biscuits, paint bomb, etc).