Grommloc

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Robbiedehand
Pet Score:3837
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Grommloc

Post by Robbiedehand » January 20th, 2015, 10:13 am

Hello,

I recently picked up pet battles and the collecting again and i was checking out the blizzcon murlocs now i can find plenty of grunty, deathy, murkablo and murkalot around but not a single grommloc did he only come with virtual ticket? i tried finding out if that the case but i could not find anything saying that.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13893
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Grommloc

Post by Jaladar » January 20th, 2015, 10:28 am

He was from Blizzcon 2014, so he was available to Virtual Ticket holders or attendees, which means there should be some available sooner or later via the cards that would have been in the goody bag. He was NOT exclusive to the Virtual Ticket. Just keep watching I would say...and welcome back to the madness!

Jal

Robbiedehand

Post by Robbiedehand » January 20th, 2015, 10:32 am

Ty for the quick responce i'll just keep an eye out on ebay for it did see a bunch of people selling their goodie bag but non mentioned the pet guess they holding onto it for a bit to get more for it.

Nightwind
Pet Score:9474
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Nightwind » January 20th, 2015, 11:39 am

There was no loot code in the goodie bag for Grommloc, they sent a digital code that gave access to "in-game goodies (to be announced), your BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, and the pre-BlizzCon online merchandise sale"

Robbiedehand

Post by Robbiedehand » January 20th, 2015, 11:43 am

Nightwind wrote:There was no loot code in the goodie bag for Grommloc, they sent a digital code that gave access to "in-game goodies (to be announced), your BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, and the pre-BlizzCon online merchandise sale"
So what does this mean it not avialable anymore or?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 20th, 2015, 2:23 pm

As long as they sent an actual code it should still be available. If I remember the VT correctly it was automatically tied to your account and no code was sent.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 20th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Nightwind wrote:There was no loot code in the goodie bag for Grommloc, they sent a digital code that gave access to "in-game goodies (to be announced), your BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, and the pre-BlizzCon online merchandise sale"
Thanks for this info, looks like we'll need to update Grommloc's pet profile.

I guess not including a physical card with the BlizzCon pet code is their way of making the rewards more personal and to combat re-selling? Or just a change to make things more efficient and cost effective, heh.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the code that gives access to the in-game rewards can be traded/sold/given away?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Robbiedehand

Post by Robbiedehand » January 20th, 2015, 5:15 pm

I did some more info digging and saw to gain entrance with your non-virtual ticket you needed to provide an email adress for confirmation ect but also for a code/link for the ingame goodies.
Nowhere did it mention it had to be your email adress you use for your battlenet or that you needed wow to be able to recieve them so it looks like it sellable wich seems logical not everyone going blizzcon plays wow and it whould be really odd if they whould not be able to use an item they pay for even if it whould be to sell or give away.
I asked a large seller of wow related stuff on ebay (he has all the previous blizzcon for sale) if he has any or know if they sellable at all when i hear back of him i will post here again.

Robbiedehand

Post by Robbiedehand » January 20th, 2015, 5:50 pm

A bit of topic but it seamed silly to make new topic for jsut this question but looking at my other missing pets i noticed baneling and treasure goblin coming from other blizzard games do those unlock when you activate the game or is it a seperate code.
In other words do i need to purchase these collectors editions or can i (try) find someone to sell me just the pet?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 20th, 2015, 6:00 pm

It is tied to just activating the game, at least for the Baneling. I've got the physical CE for that and it doesn't have a separate pet code. You just get it on your first char that you log in on after adding the game to your account.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » January 20th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Neither my Treasure Goblin nor Baneling came with separate codes, they were mailed to me simply for activating the games on my account. I still haven't downloaded or logged in to Starcraft but have had my Baneling since I attached the codes on bnet.

Robbiedehand

Post by Robbiedehand » January 28th, 2015, 11:27 am

Quintessence wrote:Can anyone confirm whether or not the code that gives access to the in-game rewards can be traded/sold/given away?
Ok i got some more info on last years blizzcon pet grommloc after asking about at various sellers.
You can buy the pet from someone but unlike other years when it was a card with a scratch off code, the confirmation email you had to print out to take with you and show at blizzcon had a code on it to redeem your stuff the code was not linked to the email or owner of the ticket so anyone should be able to redeem it.
So even thou it possible to buy you are buying out a code you cant know of if it been used or not.