(US) Alliance Raid Pet Farming

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Baalirock
Pet Score:2758
Realm:Farstriders-us
Re: (US) Alliance Raid Pet Farming

Post by Baalirock » February 5th, 2015, 11:17 am

We should also try to avoid activating the large war golems, because they have abilities which can cripple a smaller raid party. Massive war golems are ok, and should be tanked for the duration of the fight to keep their Anima away from the boss.

As I said above, it's a pretty unique fight mechanic, but after reading up on it, I definitely think it's doable for a smaller group. Looking forward to taking him down the next time we're in there!

Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Necia » February 6th, 2015, 10:10 am

Wow, everyone did a fantastic job in SoO last night - thank you to all (and significant others) who were able to make it! We started with 7 people and ended the night on General Nazgrim with a full party of 10 people. So with that, we are done with 50% of SoO (2/4 wings). On Monday, we will continue finishing off SoO and it would be greatly appreciated if people refer to this post link for tactics in Wings 3 and 4.

We will be resuming ToT tonight to down Dark Animus at 8pm Eastern. Please refer to this post link and Baalirock's comments here and here on Dark Animus.

Once again, it's highly encouraged for folks to join us on Mumble (download link) (please note, the one with a "skin" option will be much larger in file size... I just downloaded the Windows Client itself). It will be a lot easier for me to communicate with people - particularly since I heal and it can be hard to heal/type if people are getting hurt.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PST or message via Warcraft Pets.

See everyone tonight!
-Necia

P.S.
Please remember to grab your Mogu Rune's of Fate!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 6th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know, we have a method now for taking down Dark Animus! We successfully took him out this evening with little to no hassle - no wipes.

See everyone on Monday, Feb 9th, for SoO!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 7th, 2015, 2:55 pm

What time for SoO? I'm off Monday and though I have hired help coming over to help me clean/pack for the move, I want to try to raid!

Daro

P.S. I'm sorry for starting this thread then pretty much abandoning it. I can talk about this now, but I got a promotion at work this week, and it was very hush-hush until it actually happened, just had a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on. So I'm still unavailable until after most of you have gone to bed, but I'm HOPING that will change after I move. I should be able to raid by 8 EST once I'm settled in to my new digs.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 7th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Darolyn wrote:What time for SoO? I'm off Monday and though I have hired help coming over to help me clean/pack for the move, I want to try to raid!
8pm Eastern Daro :)

And yay for promotions!!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 9th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Evening everyone,

I got word a few minutes ago that the main tank will not be able to make it to raiding tonight. I'm posting this in hopes that someone would like to step up to tank, or heal. I can substitute for our missing tank but then that removes me from healing.

We will still form up outside the SoO entrance tonight and I can ask a few of my guildies if they could sub. But, also wanted to post this in case someone has a friend who would like to help us progress this evening.

-Necia

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 9th, 2015, 9:02 pm

No one showed up tonight - except for one person! So cancelling the SoO pet raid run.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 10th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Raid schedule for this coming week before the reset:

Normal ToT, 8-10pm Eastern, Wednesday, February 11th
Normal ToT, 9-11pm Eastern, Monday, February 16th (alt-run; optional)

Darolyn came up with a fantastic idea, to offer a daily Heroic UBRS run for a chance at [pet]Lanticore Spawnling[/pet]. So I'll be broadcasting a call at night - most likely around 9/10pm Eastern weekdays.

Next week (after reset), we'll focus on progressing through SoO. Unless there is someone who would like to pick up Raid Leading SoO for this week? It's possible I can lead on late Saturday and/or Sunday (I would like to start early).

Feel free to post any suggestions, PST in game, or send a message via WCPs.

Thanks!
-Necia

Baalirock

Post by Baalirock » February 11th, 2015, 1:27 pm

I'm down w/ a Heroic UBRS Run. Looks like it's time to up my gear game for Mercuria...

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » February 11th, 2015, 4:39 pm

I really want to get in on this, but sadly, Left Coast Time here. So the proposed times are just not good for me. :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 19th, 2015, 8:45 am

Morning Everyone,

I will not be scheduling a raid this week. Too many personal schedule changes have interfered with plans. Darn life. ;)

Let's try to reconvene after the next reset:

Tuesday, February 24th, 8-10pm Eastern
Thursday, February 26th, 8-10pm Eastern

With that being said, I may run through ToT (possibly SoO) Friday morning/afternoon using LFG, so if I see anyone on I'll be sure to send a PST. If enough people are online and willing to go, then I may just lead a raid through ToT. Friday night is a BIG "?" and I could possibly lead an SoO run with a great friend/guildie of mine but I just cannot say whether or not that will happen.

Sorry I have to play this week by ear! I try my best to keep in touch with the pet raiders.

Take care all and have a great weekend.

-Necia

P.S.
Thank you to everyone who responded with their availability this week! Your fast responses are whole-heartedly appreciated. :) I based the above times on previous attendance #s per day of week and also availability inputs for this week.

Baalirock

Post by Baalirock » February 23rd, 2015, 6:39 am

Looks good. Hopefully my schedule will permit me to join you this week! Thank you, as always, to Miss Necia for coordinating all this!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 24th, 2015, 10:41 am

Baalirock wrote:Looks good. Hopefully my schedule will permit me to join you this week! Thank you, as always, to Miss Necia for coordinating all this!
Thank you Baalirock! :)

Just wanted to post an update, tonight we'll be running ToT so remember to stop by the Timeless Isle for Mogu Runes of Fate!

Bonniewraith
Pet Score:908

Post by Bonniewraith » February 24th, 2015, 11:25 am

Thanks, Necia!

I'll be tagging along tonight. Just need to remember to change my talent tree so my diseases don't spread. I'm usually happy to share, but Necrotic Plague is something for just the lucky few Golemz.

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » February 24th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Unfortunately, I can't make it tonight because it's around the time I have a weekly legacy raid with my guild. I should be able to attend Thursday, though. :)

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 26th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Afternoon Everyone,

We'll be running SoO this evening from 8-10pm Eastern. I've worked it so we only fight the three relevant pet bosses (Sha, Siege, and Paragons) plus the first two bosses in SoO.

Hope to see folks there.

-Necia

P.S.
Please remember to get your Warforged Seals ready!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » March 3rd, 2015, 8:51 am

Good Morning Everyone,

The schedule for Alliance Raid Pet Farming this week is below:

Wednesday, March 4th, 8-10pm Eastern - Throne of Thunder*
*Purchase extra rolls using [url=http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73305/mistweaver-ai#sells-currencies]Mogue Runes of Fate from Mistweaver Ai[/url]

Thursday, March 5th, 8-10pm Eastern - Siege of Orgrimmar**
**Purchase extra rolls using [url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33134/warforged-seals]Warforged Seals from Elder Lin[/url]

I’ll send out a broadcast prior to start and hope to see folks there!

As always, please feel free to leave a post or send me a message via WCP.

-Necia

P.S.
Forgot to mention last week - we had two raid pets drop. Grats to Daro on her new [pet]Gooey Sha-ling[/pet] and Paptina on his [pet]Blackfuse Bombling[/pet]!

P.P.S.
Level 90s are welcome to join us.
--
Note: it's highly encouraged for folks to join us on Mumble ([url=http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php]download link[/url]) (please note, the one with a "skin" option will be much larger in file size... I just downloaded the Windows Client itself). It will be a lot easier for me to communicate with people - particularly since I heal and it can be hard to heal/type if people are getting hurt.

Steamanubis
Pet Score:2372
BattleTag®:steamknight#1987
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Steamanubis » March 4th, 2015, 9:33 am

Barring a guild attempt at Normal Highmaul, Wolder (me) should be able to make the Throne of Thunder run tonight. I can definitely do the SoO run tomorrow.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » March 11th, 2015, 8:44 am

Good Morning!

There will be no scheduled Alliance Raid Pet Farming these next two weeks from myself. :)

I'll post times for the next raids on or around March 23rd.

Take care,
-Necia

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » March 23rd, 2015, 8:21 am

Good morning everyone,

I'll be posting raid times later today. Thursday night is a definite day but I'm debating on holding a raid either on Wednesday or Friday night.

Feel free to post here with any input or send me a message. :)

-Necia