Share pet collecting news and advice.
Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us
Re: (US) Alliance Raid Pet Farming

Post by Necia » January 30th, 2015, 9:37 am

Great job to everyone that joined us last night! We pretty much flew through all bosses until the dreaded Dark Animus. But even with a little patience and everyone doing some kind of theorizing, we got through Animus as well.

Just for anyone else thinking about running this, we had three dps, two tanks, and one healer up until Animus - all level 100s. Luckily Thralkhar could switch to tanking and Aquitas to healing. We finally downed Animus with one dps, three tanks, and two healers. If anyone who has has done Dark Animus with six or less people and have tips, I'd really appreciate some insight, lol!

The next time I'm free is Monday evening, 7pm Eastern, for SoO.

Last but not least, congrats to Thralkhar on the Living Sandling! (Hopefully I remembered that correctly)

Cibi
Pet Score:13301
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Cibi » January 31st, 2015, 5:52 am

I would love to get in on these (particularly SoO and ToT since I missed that whole... half of MoP xD) If you guys plan another run and would like another healer (RDruid, ilev somewhere around 645 and gaining) with a terrible boomkin offspec please grab me (: My available hours are kind of wonky, though. Regardless, good luck on getting those new babies!

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » January 31st, 2015, 1:06 pm

I realize I'm still pretty new here, but if you all ever need more Ally DPS, I would definitely be game to run any raids.

I'm a 644 Combat Rogue. Depending on the date and time, my husband, a Ret Pally, could also possibly help.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » January 31st, 2015, 1:16 pm

Well, I just had a big change in plans for my Saturday and now I'm free.

I have a level 95 Blood DK available for tanking ToT this afternoon if anyone is interested. My btag information is above.

Baalirock
Pet Score:2758
Realm:Farstriders-us

Post by Baalirock » February 1st, 2015, 8:46 am

I would absolutely love to join you guys in Monday, and I should be free at 7pm EST. I can bring my frost mage for some icy dps. Hit me up at Baalirock1440.

And Necia, our pet scores are suspiciously close.

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200

Post by Trethsparr » February 1st, 2015, 12:54 pm

Ah, I realize I forgot to add my battletag info: Trethsparr#1299

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 1st, 2015, 1:40 pm

Necia wrote:Great job to everyone that joined us last night! We pretty much flew through all bosses until the dreaded Dark Animus. But even with a little patience and everyone doing some kind of theorizing, we got through Animus as well.

Just for anyone else thinking about running this, we had three dps, two tanks, and one healer up until Animus - all level 100s. Luckily Thralkhar could switch to tanking and Aquitas to healing. We finally downed Animus with one dps, three tanks, and two healers. If anyone who has has done Dark Animus with six or less people and have tips, I'd really appreciate some insight, lol!

Last but not least, congrats to Thralkhar on the Living Sandling! (Hopefully I remembered that correctly)
It's a good thing I didn't realize I was the lone dps on that! ;)

I'm up for SoO on Monday! :)

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 2nd, 2015, 11:32 am

Baalirock wrote:I would absolutely love to join you guys in Monday, and I should be free at 7pm EST. I can bring my frost mage for some icy dps. Hit me up at Baalirock1440.

And Necia, our pet scores are suspiciously close.
Sent a request a btag request. :)

And, yes... hmm.. interesting about our pet scores!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 2nd, 2015, 11:32 am

Trethsparr wrote:Ah, I realize I forgot to add my battletag info: Trethsparr#1299
Sent!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 2nd, 2015, 11:33 am

Darolyn wrote:
Necia wrote:Great job to everyone that joined us last night! We pretty much flew through all bosses until the dreaded Dark Animus. But even with a little patience and everyone doing some kind of theorizing, we got through Animus as well.

It's a good thing I didn't realize I was the lone dps on that! ;)

I'm up for SoO on Monday! :)

Daro
Thanks for coming last minute! We needed your lone dps. lol!! See you tonight!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 2nd, 2015, 11:56 am

For those of you joining us tonight, here are some great 5 second LFR guides for the bosses we'll be encountering - they outline the basics from LFR and it may also be a good idea to keep these windows open as we're progressing through bosses if you've never done them before.

I'll be watching some Fatboss SoO normal YouTube videos throughout the day to refresh my memory. If y'all have the time to see all the bad we need to stand out of, I'd recommend watching them too, lol. :)

We'll be starting at Immerseus (Wing One) and, if all goes well, through Paragons of Klaxxi (Wing Four). Ideally, I would like to have two tanks and two healers available (off-specs should be fine).

If anyone has any questions, or simply wants to tell me the roles they'll play tonight, please feel free to send me a bnet IM or PST in game.

-Necia

Links:
Wing One: [url]http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2013/09/23/bosses-in-5-seconds-soo-lfr-wing-one/[/url]
Wing Two: [url]http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/02/bosses-in-5-seconds-soo-wing-two/[/url]
Wing Three: [url]http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/08/bosses-in-5-seconds-siege-of-orgrimmar-wing-three/[/url]
Wing Four: [url]http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2014/01/10/bosses-in-5-seconds-siege-of-orgrimmar-lfr-wing-four/[/url]

FATBOSS SoO Playlist:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu3dsh6Bc2HWWaNNxIY9QLOOzyn5jPuQq[/url]

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 2nd, 2015, 9:53 pm

Thanks again for everyone who came tonight!

SoO was pretty rough. We got a late start (mostly because I was finishing some dinner, lol) and then Sha of Pride spanked us! Until we fully figured out the tank mechanic, then we were fine. Sadly no pets dropped off Sha either, lame! We then decided to stop for the night after Sha - it was getting late. :)

Wanted to say thank you again for everyone's patience and consideration. Very much appreciated since lots of folks are learning the raid mechanics together for the first time.

I'll try to post times for the ToT and SoO raids tomorrow. Please note, if you want to be added to the raid, I'll always send out a broadcast on bnet and you can PST me for invite. You may also send me a message via Warcraft Pets. I need some sort of positive confirmation for both raids.

Thank you and take care,
-Necia

Baalirock

Post by Baalirock » February 3rd, 2015, 9:14 am

A big thank you to Necia for running the raid last night. A bit of a rocky start, but we rose to the challenge and finished the first leg of SoO. After helping some of us raid noobs get the mechanics down, I feel confident that our next attempt will go much more smoothly. Catch you next time! Hopefully I can make it tonight.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 3rd, 2015, 4:56 pm

Thanks Baalirock! :) I hope everyone had fun last night, even with the wipes, lol.

Okies, going to try a new schedule this week...

Tuesday, Feb 3rd, 8-10pm Eastern, Throne of Thunder
Thursday, Feb 5th, 8-10pm Eastern, Siege of Orgrimmar (as many wings as possible)
Monday, Feb 9th, 8-10pm Eastern, Siege of Orgrimmar (remaining wings, if possible)

If we cannot get enough folks for ToT tonight then I should be free on Saturday, Feb 7th, from 1-3pm Eastern.

Again, it would be greatly appreciated if we could have two tanks and two healers for SoO and possibly Dark Animus.

Reminder: we have mumble available - it is highly encouraged for folks to join since it can be hard to give folks advice on fight mechanics by simply typing. ;)

SoO advice: [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12908&p=105616#p105616[/url]

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239

Post by Chibimage » February 4th, 2015, 8:27 am

I'm coming for the rest of them -- I've just had a load of stuff pile on to make me forget! I'll toss you a btag invite this AM and see you with bells on!

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 4th, 2015, 9:50 am

Chibimage wrote:I'm coming for the rest of them -- I've just had a load of stuff pile on to make me forget! I'll toss you a btag invite this AM and see you with bells on!
Not a problem! Added you this morning. :)

An update for everyone else, we got through most of ToT but had to stop at Dark Animus. We just couldn't figure out the anima thing without having people plowed over by the small anima golems. If anyone has tips, please feel free to PST me! We'll likely try to kill Dark Animus at a later time (TBD).

Rikmach
Pet Score:6158
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Rikmach » February 4th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Hey, go ahead and add me to this- Battletag is Rikmach#1670

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 5th, 2015, 2:08 am

Rikmach wrote:Hey, go ahead and add me to this- Battletag is Rikmach#1670
I believe I added you earlier yesterday but I could have possibly typed your btag wrong. Just tell me if I did. :)

Baalirock

Post by Baalirock » February 5th, 2015, 8:41 am

For anyone coming along on a ToT raid for the 1st time, I highly recommend you read up on Dark Animus before you join. It's a tricky encounter with some unique mechanics you haven't seen before. Dark Animus drops a very highly rated pet, so it's in everyone's best interests if you can clear him.

I can't post a link here (I'm still too new of a member) but do a quick search for Dark Animus Icy Veins, and it should pop right up.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » February 5th, 2015, 10:21 am

Baalirock wrote:For anyone coming along on a ToT raid for the 1st time, I highly recommend you read up on Dark Animus before you join. It's a tricky encounter with some unique mechanics you haven't seen before. Dark Animus drops a very highly rated pet, so it's in everyone's best interests if you can clear him.

I can't post a link here (I'm still too new of a member) but do a quick search for Dark Animus Icy Veins, and it should pop right up.
I got your back Baalirock. ^.^

Link to Dark Animus Icy Veins guide: [url]http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dark-animus-strategy-guide-normal-heroic[/url]

The tank and I spent a great deal of time sitting in the Dark Animus room, primarily discussing how we could spread out people so they won't start the plow train of Anima Golems.

So far, this guide seems to provide the best [url=http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/2013/03/12/the-quick-and-dirty-tanking-guide-for-throne-of-thunder-normal/#animus]TL;DR version of 10-man Normal Dark Animus[/url].

This video provides insight into a 6-man HEROIC (we're doing normal, different mechanics) version of Dark Animus: [url]http://youtu.be/1_brLLLK_ZM[/url] (note: loud music and some bad language). For anyone thinking "why can't we use the heroic strategy??"... well basically [url=http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dark-animus-strategy-guide-normal-heroic#sec-10-1]this (link)[/url]. We (possibly, maybe?) could but I think Siphon Anima would hurt us if we don't have enough DPS.

Our goals for [url=http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dark-animus-strategy-guide-normal-heroic#sec-6-3]Dark Animus[/url]? (my understanding so far)
0) Don't start the Anima Golem plow-train. Need to spread out and assign folks to "tank" (not kill) an Anima Golem until a real tank can take it off of them.
1) Reduce the # of active Anima Golems (small ones)
2) Don't stand in bad stuff and, if it happens to be following you, don't bring it into the raid group
3) Watch for debuffs/auras (i.e. Touch of the Animus and Anima Font - there's that bad stuff again)
4) Help tank to get out of Anima Ring (one dps is fine for this job)
5) There's an "Interrupting Jolt" spell Dark Animus casts - stop casting before he's able to finish casting this spell.
6) Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp when boss is activated
and...
7) Avoid the boss reaching Full Power

I would prefer if folks not try to calculate out the anima in the forum as it would probably just confuse them more, lol. Dark Animus isn't hard to fight - we need to stop the Anima Golem plow-pain-train before anything. :)

A time to kill Dark Animus is still TBD. I'll take a temperature poll at the SoO raid this evening. Please remember to pick up your [url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33134]Warforged Seals[/url].

See y'all later!
-Necia