new stuff to look for on 6.1

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Re: new stuff to look for on 6.1

Post by Guest » January 21st, 2015, 4:43 am

Abbotta wrote:I need more pets that I could feasible get.

I'm at 501 and have come to conclusion that it will almost be impossible to get to 600 without spending real cash to get to that number.
I just checked my pets and eliminated all the pets from the pet store and pets that are no longer available in game (mr chilly and onyxian whelp) from my collection and I am at 590 without them. Before 6.1 there are another 45 pets that I have not yet acquired that are available via rep grinding or crafting that I simply have not taken the time to work on, mostly because I have been focused on getting one rare of every pet I have to level 25 as quickly as possible in 1.5 hours a day.

So,let me assure you: Not only is 600 achievable without spending a single dollar outside of your monthly subscription, but 635 is before 6.1 with 6.1 650 will be achievable without spending any real money.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 22nd, 2015, 12:45 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Stella3 wrote:OMG Those all sound amazing!! Too bad I dont raid, suppose I will have to save my gold then lol.
I'm certain the bosses for these pets should be fully solo-able at 100, so you should be fine!
Yes, this is already true.

Sunwell Plateau: When I first hit level 90 in Panda land I tried to solo Sunwell on my Prot Pally. I couldn’t even get past the 1st wave of trash. A tank friend laughed, and claimed she could do it - to which I said “Go ahead, let me know how it goes.” She promptly went there… and totally bombed on trash.

By the end of MoP I could solo the entire place ON MY ROGUE! I still kill the 1st boss every week in a vein attempt to get the Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade to drop.

It’s so face roll easy now that I can drag all the NPCs to the 1st boss, without losing even one 5th health.

Black Temple is the same thing. On my Rogue at level 90, early Pandaria, Gurtogg Bloodboil left a DOT on me that usually killed me after I killed him. I couldn’t get past Essence of Anger at all. By the end of MoP everything was already a two-shot - especially when the WoD pre-patch hit. I run it every week on my Rogue trying to get the off-hand Warglaive to drop.

I can't remember what I ran through Hyjal Summit for, but it's the same.

So in short, you won’t need a raid group. You can solo it now. Just like all the other pet-raids, Blizz expects you to be able to cake-walk through. It'll be just like Karazhan where the toughest part is the chess game.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 22nd, 2015, 4:03 pm

Been soloing these many times.
At 100 no class wilm have an issue soloing this.

There are a few bosses that can kill you on mechanics but thats easily overcome.

Sunwell - Felmyst can mc you, but at 100 dps should br enough to burn through way before that
BT - Reliquary of Souls Phase 2 hits you back for the damage you do to it, gotta be careful there.
BT - Illidan - Neex to be between the 2 Glaives or its a wipe
Hiyal - Rage Winterchill - Death and Decay burns for % of health, dont stand in it.
Hyjal - Archimonde throws you around at times and you need a slow fall feather from the elves to counter. Most likely will burn him beforehand though.

All other bosses in these instances can be done by Autoattack, grab beer, wait.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 22nd, 2015, 4:04 pm

And ignore the typos :) Working off phone during a boring meeting.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » January 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

For fights where you need to damage at ranged such as against flyers, hang on to Mecha-Blast Rocket that sometimes come out of blingtron bags (or you can have an engineer make them, the mats are fairly trivial with everyone having a mine).. yeah the cooldown is 1m, but with a 40 yard range I'm finding them so useful just for getting things to notice me when on my melee characters. Sure most classes now have at least one ranged attack, but having another doesn't hurt.

If you're doing this at 100 and wearing a mix of heroic gear and epic gifts from your followers (aren't they thoughtful to just give you epic stuff?) you may have problems... getting lost in those instances. Seriously, for the last 2 years (with the possible exception of some of Sunwell that has unusually nasty trash and couple of bosses that were tricky) that's been the one thing I've had to talk people through and now that's just to tell them which stairway leads to what map. I'm not saying it's not possible to die there still as I have managed it from being very tired and forgetting mechanics in Sunwell, but it's very soloable even in poor gear. Now the droprates will probably be awful, but hey, at least it is really soloable and not just barely so and awful like spine of deathwing..

Post by Guest » January 23rd, 2015, 11:37 am

Ishildur wrote:If you're doing this at 100 and wearing a mix of heroic gear and epic gifts from your followers (aren't they thoughtful to just give you epic stuff?) you may have problems... getting lost in those instances.
Staying Awake

FTFY

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » January 28th, 2015, 1:36 pm

More updates - A lot of abilities has been changed to having a consistent dmg instead of a min-max dmg.
[url=http://www.wowhead.com/news=245954/6-1-ptr-build-19533-new-mount-blackrock-foundry-testing-january-27th-hotfixes#battle-pet-abilitiesurl]wowhead link[/url]

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 28th, 2015, 3:18 pm

Bobbyjoe wrote:
Echinacea wrote:
Blixtiya wrote:with this raiding with leashes, we seem to be done with burning crusade, so northrend next! :o

and at 90, I farmed BT as well, and soloed hyjal a few times with ease, but the running is annoying. I could never solo sunwell, mainly because Im a mage, and Brutalis (or whatever he is called) hit clothies hard still. HOWEVER, now we have the old content buff, and as a mage Im easible soloing firelands, so sunwell should be piece of cake.
what mage spec? my only 100 is a mage and sometimes i have to use arcance and sometimes fire. my ilevel is 615 so that may not be enough to tackle some things.

My main is a frost mage and I have solo'ed BT, Sunwell and Firelands at level 90. I haven't tried Hyjal Summit though.

I would assume either of the specs you are currently using will suffice. Mage Burst DPS FTW :)
i remember this thread! my mage is still 100 and now is up to 617 ilevel (i havent done raids or instances and i havent got enough savage blood to upgrade my jewelry)....but im itching to see which class has the best AoE to solo stuff like this with? the replacement for frost nova or whatever its called...the emergency escape that freezes people in their track...the arcane equivalent just does a TON of AoE damage. outside of my garrison, i use it to kill packs of boars to get rep with my follower since you get 10 rep per kill regardless of what it was. so while levelling pets outside, i use that and BOOM...all gone. i may have to follow up with a cone of cold for one that wasnt in the radius.

there is a northrend dungeon i used to farm cloth in....i bet i can pull the whole dungeon to a corner and get them all in one blast.

Sabriena
Pet Score:2866
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Sabriena » January 28th, 2015, 4:56 pm

The addition of another raiding with leashes makes me happy except the Hyjal raid. Ugh. I cannot stand that raid because it takes so long for the trash to come in each wave. However, I'll get through it for those sweet sweet pets.