Menagerie daily rewards nerfed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
Re: Menagerie daily rewards nerfed

Post by Graven » January 5th, 2015, 7:01 pm

I'll post my results here too, for what it's worth.

Day 1 - Nothing
Day 2 - Nothing
Day 3 - Nothing
Day 4 - Ghastly Kid
Day 5 - Sunfire Kaliri
Day 6 - Firewing
Day 7 - Nothing
Day 8 - Nothing
Day 9 - Albino Chimaeraling (uncommon, B/B)
<Second menagerie running, caged first four, all caged from here on>
Day 10 - Puddle Terror, Ghastly Kid
Day 11 - Nothing, Sunfire Kaliri
Day 12 - Nothing, Nothing
Day 13 - Nothing, Albino Chimaeraling (poor, P/P)
Day 14 - Missed day
Day 15 - Nothing, Nothing
Day 16 - Nothing, Nothing
Day 17 - Nothing, Weebomination*

*(All previous pets were learned, then caged and mailed to an alt for storage. Starting with today's weebom, I'm going to try not learning them at all. The character "flag" probably happens when you loot the pet from the bag so I don't expect whether you have the pet in your journal or not will affect anything, but it'll be interesting to see if it makes any difference.)

So, I haven't got all the pets yet, and haven't had a duplicate of a pet I already had on the same character. I wonder if only the pets that come in multiple breeds have a chance to drop more than once for each character. I know only very few people have reported any dupes at all, but the ones I have heard of were Albino Chimaeraling, Sun Sproutling and Firewing - coincidentally these are the 3 with multiple breeds, the other 4 menagerie pets are single-breed.

Annieb
Pet Score:13845
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » January 6th, 2015, 12:14 am

I have 7 lvl 100 characters on 2 accounts with lvl 3 menageries. 1 account got the lvl 3 menagerie up when the achievement needed 500 battles, 1 when it was lowered to 150.

I have gotten all the pets on all 7 characters and NEVER a SINGLE duplicate on ANY character.

I have done over 80 bags (over all my chars) without getting a single pet drop.

Not conclusive maybe, but anecdotally, my gut feeling is that it's 1 per pet per character with possibly a -very- small chance of a duplicate somewhere along the line (down around 1% or less?)...

YMMV

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » January 6th, 2015, 8:19 am

I'm with Annie ^^^ This is what I think the basic rules are. Any duplicates are rare (and that seems to be borne out with the information posted here, not on bnet, where... it's less reliable) and that was luck. Similar to Porcupette.

I'm finally leveling an alt - she is only 91 so I have many more days to go before she is all ready and raring to go with the daily Menagerie, but once I am ready I will be very interested to see what happens!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 6th, 2015, 8:38 am

I have gotten 6 of the 7 pets on my mage, who has not sold or gotten rid of any of them (just memorized them and caged them). Has not gotten the 7th pet, nor a single duplicate, and I have not gotten any pets since before Xmas, doing this every day. So whatever the 'rules' are, they don't even cover getting all 7 on 1 character immediately. I have 2 more 100's waiting to set up the menagerie (if I feel like I need more pets to give/trade/sell), and will have 4 more ready in the next couple weeks (yeah, I have no life) to continue the expirement as needed.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 6th, 2015, 10:49 am

Rendigar wrote:I have 2 more 100's waiting to set up the menagerie (if I feel like I need more pets to give/trade/sell), and will have 4 more ready in the next couple weeks (yeah, I have no life) to continue the expirement as needed.
If you decide to use them, and if you aren't too in need of both, try just doing one for a few weeks and seeing if they have a similar pet dropping experience to your main. I'm curious if what I am seeing is unique or not.

For me, each new alt had a "new" burst of pet dropping luck (I think 4 pets in the first week and a couple the next), and then went drier. I wonder if it has as similar mechanic to the MoP Primal Diamond recipe drop rates.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » January 6th, 2015, 11:28 am

My own personal observations: Two Level 3 Menageries.

I have now received all the pets twice. One per toon. I'm approaching 500 tokens almost exclusively from the dailies, and am yet to see a duplicate on either of the two participating toons. I have a strong feeling that once a toon has looted a pet once, that the drop rates plummet, but they are quite a high rate until that occurs.

Only my own anecdotal evidence, but it seems consistent with a few of the posts here.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » January 6th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Just for giggles I started both level 3 menagerie's tonight. On the hunter I will always learn and then cage the pet, but not mail it away. On the rogue I will NOT learn the pet and just hold onto it. Will post the results in a week (or two) when I expect the pets will have dried up just like they did on my mage after the 6th.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 13th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Had a second Sun Sproutling drop for my priest tonight. Only got the first one three days ago. :)

Supports (but doesn't prove) my theory that the only pets that can drop more than once for a particular character are the ones with multiple breeds.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 14th, 2015, 11:56 am

I don't think caging and/or selling would have much to do with the drop rate. I loot rares and sell the item, that does not trick the game into thinking I hadn't looted the rare, so I can get the item again. I think the loot mechanic in place seems more sophisticated than that. Just my 2c.

The game seems to know which alts have received which pets, because they each get one of each (even if caged or sold). I have yet to get a duplicate, though I'm sure it can rarely happen inasmuch as some reputable people here have said they got a duplicate on a single toon. Hope it happens to me eventually :mrgreen:

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » January 14th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Oh I know it doesn't make a difference in that the game does know who has what pet. I'm just doing it differently on the 2 new level 3 menagerie's because it is something I can control. I have still not received the last pet on my mage (no new pet since before Xmas). I have the list at home, I have not recevied all of the pets yet on either new toon. I *did* get a couple of pets on the other 3 toons running the daily, and in all 3 cases they were pets with multiple breeds (though still not conclusive). I'm now keeping an eye out for that, as well - but because I didn't track who got which pets at the start it's still not going to be conclusive even if I do get one of the non-multi-breed pets on the first 3 toons.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » January 25th, 2015, 1:34 pm

OK, so on January 6th I started 2 characters on their Menagerie dailies at the same time. I also continued to do the dailies on the mage who hadn't received a pet since before Xmas. As of today, January 25th, the mage still has not received another pet in her bag - so I must have been mistaken that she hadn't gotten all 7 (or RNG really dislikes her).

The hunter learned each pet and then caged it back up. He earned pets on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 12th, 13th, 15th, and 17th.

The rogue did not learn any of the pets, just kept them. She earned the pets on the 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 16th, 23rd, and 25th.

All told, I would expect once you have gotten all of them, or at least most of them, the odds drop tremendously. Doesn't really prove anything solid as there is just too much RNG for 1 person to see it all on a one roll a day kind of thing, even running the 6 toons that I am through the daily.

YMMV