Pets I will never get

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Leathercream
Top Rater
Pet Score:4119
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us
Pets I will never get

Post by Leathercream » December 30th, 2014, 1:43 am

Just looking for some advice or hope with coping knowing I will never get the following:
:oops: :oops:
Baby Blizzard Bear
Spirit of Competition
Vampiric Batling
And from the looks of it
Murkimus and Murky

Bbqchips
Pet Score:8727
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Re: Pets I will never get

Post by Bbqchips » December 30th, 2014, 2:27 am

When i talk to a GM they always ask: Is there anything else I can do for you? Guess what I ask for. lol The baby blizzard bear.

Leathercream
Top Rater

Post by Leathercream » December 30th, 2014, 2:54 am

Nice, I assume this has never worked..

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » December 30th, 2014, 3:13 am

I would use the same tactics as you use in real life, when deciding how to cope with the fact that you (me, most everyone) will never climb Everest, walk on the moon, sleep with *insert name of fantasy person here*

Leathercream
Top Rater

Post by Leathercream » December 30th, 2014, 3:15 am

With those examples though, there is a possibility. With the pets though, it is truly impossible.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 30th, 2014, 7:12 am

I'm never going to have [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet] and that makes me sad :(
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 30th, 2014, 8:19 am

Leathercream wrote:With those examples though, there is a possibility. With the pets though, it is truly impossible.
I think what Waflob meant was that in this game, much as in real life, we can't always have all the things. Part of being an adult is learning to deal with this. ;)

Seriously though, is there actually anyone anywhere who has 100% of all pets? I'd be surprised to see that!

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 30th, 2014, 8:37 am

Exclude all the pets you can't get from your collection here in warcraftpets and then just forget about it. The collection progress bar is much nicer when you exclude pets you won't get. ;) In the end it's just a game and the game will end one day. Either you quit or the servers die. Can't really dwell on stuff you can't ever have / do - just forget about it and focus on what you can have or do :)

Enderdragon
Pet Score:4206
BattleTag®:EnderDragon#1781
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Enderdragon » December 30th, 2014, 9:25 am

Mehetabel wrote:I'm never going to have [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet] and that makes me sad :(
Same here... I will never have that kind of money to spend that could/should not be spent on something more important. Guess I am going to have to win the lottery.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 30th, 2014, 12:00 pm

I understand what the OP is saying, though. At least with Mini Tyreal, and the CE pets, they are obtainable, though rare and expensive.

Baby Blizzard Bear, Vampiric Batling, etc, are actually impossible to get, because the event that they're from is over. No way to trade codes or transfer the pets.

I'm still holding out for the lottery. Told the boy last night that vanilla CE is the FIRST purchase I'm going to make after we win. BC CE is the second. Then Mini Tyreal, the Murlocs, other game CE's...and a Spectral Tiger. ;)

It truly is a matter of just excluding them from your collection and letting them go.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to tiny red and green dragons showing up, a la Warbot...

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 30th, 2014, 12:39 pm

The thing that makes me sad is my hubby has all those "wish I knew at the time" pets I'm missing - the baby bear, batling, spirit of competition. He still has copies sitting in his bags. :cry: When pet battles first came out he tried to cage them and give them to me... of course, no go. :( I *really* wish they'd make them tradeable (not an impossible wish since the Starlette was tradeable) or put them on BMAH!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 30th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Yup. I'm right there with you. I've got most of the pets mentioned but don't have the spirit of competition. I'm sure I was playing at the time but I've never really been into PvP and wasn't into pets when they took up bag space and just looked cute so didn't bother to get it. I keep hoping that one will be available again fro one of the upcoming Olympics because they did make it sound like it would be at the time but it hasn't come back yet.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » December 30th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Collecting is a funny thing. I've loved every minute spent improving my collection (minus camping sandstorms, rain storms and browsing Dalaran books)

At the same time, I decided to (and haven't regretted) pass on the Treasure goblin and Baneling. These pets would have bumped up my overall # and ranking here, but I felt they would be left to rot in my pet stable.

Blizzard has built a nice minigame into WoW and though I love it. I accept that I'll never own all the 'limited time only' pets and some of the CEs. It takes nothing away from my enjoyment of it all.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » December 30th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Peanutty you might be able to get them if you transfer a char from your Husband's account to yours. I think you have to have the same last name and same address. But it might be doable. Might want to read up on it first. I can't say for certain though.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 30th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I can almost guarantee (anecdotally) that this idea won't work, sadly, though I MAY have thought of one way.

My sister in law was using my account when I wasn't. There's a long backstory here, suffice it to say Blizzard knew she was using the account and due to the circumstances, okayed it.

When she was finally able to reactivate her own account, she wanted to transfer her main on my account to HER account. Blizz was okay with it, again, given the special circumstances, even though we don't have the same last name, or even live in the same province.

We had to jump through a BUNCH of hoops to prove we weren't selling characters, but they finally let her transfer her one character to her account.

All the pets and mounts that that character had obtained, including Vial of the Sands (this was in Cata, JUST pre-MOP) went to the account with her toon, though copies DID stay on my account. (I'm sad that she didn't get a chopper while she was at it!)

Unfortunately, anything I had had previously, that she didn't already have, did NOT transfer over, and remained only on my account. A ticket submitted was answered with "working as intended", I got to keep the pets and mounts, AND achieves, she'd gotten on my account.

Tl;dr, only pets and mounts originally earned on the character being transferred go with that character, and it's NOT easy to get Blizz to transfer a character.

HOWEVER, if your husband does have UNLEARNED pets that are BoA, you MIGHT be able to "learn" them on a toon, then transfer that toon over to your account and the pets stay with. But I wouldn't count on this working, unfortunately.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 30th, 2014, 5:16 pm

I would say among those already listed I would also add Stunted Direhorn. I just can't get myself to pound out all those PVP battles. :x
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635

Post by Peanutty » December 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm

We did consider merging accounts at one point for pets or doing a toon transfer but from all the accounts I've read it is at best a hit or miss proposition. If the pets were simply tradeable there wouldn't be a problem. :/

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 30th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Morlis wrote:I would say among those already listed I would also add Stunted Direhorn. I just can't get myself to pound out all those PVP battles. :x
I'm in the same boat. In the end I might just add it to my Excluded list and be done with it. It's painful to check which pets I still need and see it listed there, taunting me. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672

Post by Adumbledore » December 30th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Morlis wrote:I would say among those already listed I would also add Stunted Direhorn. I just can't get myself to pound out all those PVP battles. :x
Quintessence wrote:
I'm in the same boat. In the end I might just add it to my Excluded list and be done with it. It's painful to check which pets I still need and see it listed there, taunting me. :(
Ditto. I don't care much for pet pvp, so I doubt that I'll ever get that pet.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » December 30th, 2014, 10:01 pm

I would come closer to spending the money for the Mini Tyrael than I ever will ever be of getting the wins for the Stunted Direhorn.