Are you a hardcore raider?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us
Re: Are you a hardcore raider?

Post by Ishildur » December 28th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Wouldn't say hardcore. I raid with a raid alliance two days a week doing normal and whatever heroic bosses we so far can manage to down easily. Then occasionally join a raid with a guildie who can't raid that late on other days. Compared to some of the raiding I used to do pre-Pandaria it's fairly casual though. It's so nice when I can just take care of myself and occasionally share flasks with someone.

Back when I was an officer in my old guild it was much more hardcore and stressful (and we weren't even doing hard modes or anything like that back in vanilla/BC/Wrath!). Very happy to just basically show up and try to not stand in anything awful as opposed to having to have every boss learned, then explain to people who sent tells that no no, that was just the tank, you actually have to stand there and move out of this and... and bring extra flasks for those who never brought their own, and repair bots because at least 3 people would never remember to repair before raids - one of them would always be a key tank. And extra food, also some enchants and gems so people wouldn't go "omg that weapon is amazing, k brb, need to gem and enchant this, summon me back?" when we were trying to race through bosses. Ok, writing that stuff out I remember why I got fed up with that stuff.

I much prefer taking things easy, taking care of my own stuff and just hoping that if we're doing something with pets that I get a drop. :-) I will say that I try to always deal with my own stuff as far as raids are concerned. Like whatever else, make sure I bring supplies so I can cover myself and know the basics of what I should know, make sure I bring the best I can (within reason, I never switched professions for raiding), like just run your char through AskMrRobot and cover up any major faults. I don't think that's hardcore but I've had occasion to raid with people who thought that was super hardcore.