Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pet health not always topping up when leveling

Post by Sedaii » December 12th, 2014, 5:03 pm

I've been power-leveling pets and just lately noticed that their health doesn't always top up when they gain levels.

For example, I'll start with a level 1 carry pet at the Thundering Pandaren Spirit, win the battle, and the pet levels to 14, but the health remains as it was at level 1. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be annoying.

The first time this happened, I never noticed it hadn't gone back to full health until I got to the next battle and swapped it in for XP. It was expected to be able to soak a bit of damage, so I had to forfeit the match, heal and start over. I have tons of bandages, so that is not an issue.

Also, this is not happening just with the Thundering Spirit, or just when going from level 1 up. I haven't seen a pattern yet, but am going to start tracking it.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Ash
Top Rater
Pet Score:7500
BattleTag®:Gallifreyan#11378
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Pet health not always topping up when leveling

Post by Ash » December 12th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Yep, its been happening since WoD launch for me. I've reported it on the forums and in-game bug report but, of course, they fall on deaf ears it seems sometimes.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 12th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Yep, it started in WoD pre-patch as far as I remember. I haven't seen it happen in a while though, but I also haven't really leveled anything in Pandaria after launch. Maybe it's more of an issue there, don't know!

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » December 12th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Iibis wrote:Yep, it started in WoD pre-patch as far as I remember. I haven't seen it happen in a while though, but I also haven't really leveled anything in Pandaria after launch. Maybe it's more of an issue there, don't know!
That is an interesting thought- when I get a new level 1 I do the Pandarien tamers to quickly get it to 25. All the wild pets I caught in WoD were leveled in the new zones.
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Riena
Pet Score:7197
BattleTag®:Riena#1582
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Riena » December 12th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Yep, I've been noticing it as well. I kind of just assumed that it was a bug and that it will be fixed in some future patch. I usually have to heal my pets anyway, so it hasn't been too large of an inconvenience.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 12th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Sedaii wrote:That is an interesting thought- when I get a new level 1 I do the Pandarien tamers to quickly get it to 25. All the wild pets I caught in WoD were leveled in the new zones.
I've been leveling quite a few lvl 1s in the menagerie and I don't remember seeing this bug there. But I just might not have noticed.

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 14th, 2014, 10:28 am

Been happening for me too, both in Draenor and Pandaria.

I also assumed it was a bug and would be updated at some point.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 15th, 2014, 3:15 am

Tweet from one of the developers, October 15 ....

@Poofatamer Not intended. We may or may not be able to get in a fix for that particular issue.

Seems to be saying that this wasn't an intentional change, but no one's in any hurry to fix it.