Battle-stones and How u get them

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kithcanon
Pet Score:7324
Realm:Shattered Halls-us
Battle-stones and How u get them

Post by Kithcanon » December 2nd, 2012, 6:54 am

I am trying to figure out how to get upgrade battle stones. I did too many pet battles to count since the patch and got nothing. Then when i captured a rare strider in VEB i got a Flawless Aquatic Battle-Stone. So do I need to capture a pet in order to have a chance of getting one? If not then will the type be determined buy the first pet in the battle or buy a random chance of the 3 enemy pets? Do the Flawless Battle-Stone's only drop from the bags of pet supplies or is there a chance at those from any battle?
So If you post a reply then I would like to know how you got a battle-stone, if you needed to capture a pet or not and what type of stone you got vs what pets you fought.

*Yes I have read all the patch notes on this subject but some of them are vague. So I am trying to collect some info on this

- Flawless Aquatic Battle-Stone
- Battle vs lvl 24 Rare Eternal Strider,i don't remember the back line pets
- captured the strider
- Used on Sea Pony

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Re: Battle-stones and How u get them

Post by Kagalii » December 2nd, 2012, 7:32 am

You know, this is an extremely small sample size but I've also done many battles and the only stone I got was from capturing an ooze in borean tundra. Wonder if there's anything to this theory about having to capture a pet in order to receive a stone. I guess as more data comes in it will be easier to tell.

Kinski
Pet Score:2342
Realm:Skullcrusher-eu

Post by Kinski » December 2nd, 2012, 8:18 am

to clear things up:

i got stones from pet supply sac (2x), killing (1x) and capturing (1x) pets.

i got a flawless battle stone from killing a pet, was higher level than mine tho.
i got a class specific battle stone from capturing a pet.
and two class specific stones from the pet supply sacs.

hope that helps.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Re: Battle-stones and How You get them

Post by Mathew013 » December 2nd, 2012, 10:17 am

I've only ever received a stone from a wild pet battle, when I captured a Snowy Owl. (level 16) Can't remember the secondaries.
But I've also been battling non-stop lately, and have received nothing for defeating the opponents. :(

Logically, I would think you could get a stone from defeats; the per-requisite for capturing one seems a bit odd, because that would rely on players having enough space to capture (even though the limit is 650 now).
But it's not happened to me yet, so I can't really say. ;)

I hope people screenshot some looting of stones, might clear things up. :!:

Kinski

Re: Battle-stones and How You get them

Post by Kinski » December 2nd, 2012, 10:46 am

Mathew013 wrote: I hope people screenshot some looting of stones, might clear things up. :!:
well there is not much to screenshot, after killing or capturing wild pets, you hear a coin sound and see the stone in your loot chat.

then, similar to a captured pet, you see the stone icon popping up on your screen. tho the last part could be part of my countless battle pet addons. :)

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 2nd, 2012, 10:50 am

I've gotten four stones from just defeating wild battle pets and two from daily bags so far. Three were dragon stones from the wild cloud serpent hatchlings in Jade Forest and one was a flawless general stone from the oily slimelings in Borean Tundra. The daily bags gave me an undead and an aquatic stone.
Image Image

Sadiesaurus
Pet Score:933
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Sadiesaurus » December 2nd, 2012, 11:44 am

I got 2 aquatic battle stones from killing turtles/otters in Valley of the Four Winds.

What i'm curious about is that the patch notes mentioned "defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone." Does that mean simply that high level pets have a higher chance of rewarding stones, or does it mean that if my pets got a difficulty bonus there's a higher chance?

Kinski

Post by Kinski » December 2nd, 2012, 11:49 am

Sadiesaurus wrote: What i'm curious about is that the patch notes mentioned "defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone." Does that mean simply that high level pets have a higher chance of rewarding stones, or does it mean that if my pets got a difficulty bonus there's a higher chance?
that's the big question, logic would suggest it means level 25 pets have a higher chance to drop stones, otherwise everyone would farm stromwind rats, but who knows. :)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 2nd, 2012, 12:22 pm

Sadiesaurus wrote:What i'm curious about is that the patch notes mentioned "defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone." Does that mean simply that high level pets have a higher chance of rewarding stones, or does it mean that if my pets got a difficulty bonus there's a higher chance?
Go find out :) Station one alt near a vendor that sells a pet that could take out a lvl2 or 3 pet, buy 3 of it as lvl1, learn em, log out, log in on an alt parked the appropriate pet-farming-place-with-easy-to-kill-pets, and kill em until all 3 have dinged, remove the pets from your journal, repeat the process. ;)

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » December 3rd, 2012, 3:21 pm

Heys, i've got 2 stones today, beast specific from the winterspring daily supply sack and all-around stone from grizzly hills, captured a rare grizzly squirrel and killed 2 uncommon mice, stone dropped.

edit. got critter specific just now at howling fjord, combination of poor rat, poor chicken and uncommon roach, killed all and critter stone dropped.