.....are you kidding me? draenic pet battler 150 now?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Girandzim
Pet Score:7078
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: .....are you kidding me? draenic pet battler 150 now?!

Post by Girandzim » December 3rd, 2014, 6:05 pm

Awq wrote:I have not bothered with the Garrison, the concept does not really appeal to me. I've caught some pets, I tried out multiple ways to quickly power level and I did a handful of PvP battles while questing (I did most of my PvP matches in Outlands because I like the scenery). I was at 3xx/500.

This change does not affect me in any way. My main bottle neck will the be Garrison Resources.

I am surprised to see people upset about the 500 achievement. I assumed that people would eventually get it from doing pet battles. What made this achievement so difficult?

Off-topic:
Are there any negative long-term (pet battle related) consequences if I do not invest more time in my Garrison?
The Garrison is not only a major point for leveling and gearing, but it is also going to continue being a key feature throughout this expansion. Right now, you're missing the bag from the level 3 Menagerie. Next patch, who knows what Blizzard could tie to the Garrison. None of us know what Blizzard is planning but the bag is pretty great itself.

Syah
Top Rater
Pet Score:11331
BattleTag®:Syah#1979
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Syah » December 3rd, 2014, 6:36 pm

I don't mind the change. It gets more people into the tier 3 daily faster and let's them start earning pets from the daily. Without a chance for pets, the daily seemed less than rewarding. I strongly doubt that any change will be made to the monument. It seems like that is now the WoD pet battler achievement to get. Either way, the real pet battler achievement is still Deadly Pet Brawler.

Jrallen01
Pet Score:7930
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Jrallen01 » December 3rd, 2014, 8:26 pm

I welcome this change. 150 is more than enough of a time investment to start a level 3 building. This game has turned into such a time sucker I think we have forgotten that it is a game and not a job.

I think it puts it in line with the other requirements for a level 3 building or may be still higher than some level 3 requirements.

Anyway, I just completed my 1000 battles for TRAINER and it was a job and not a pleasure.So when I saw the 500 I mentally said Oh..#$@%.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » December 3rd, 2014, 9:22 pm

You know... I don't get this attitude of people being mad that an achievement was nerfed after they had completed it.

They nerfed the Loremaster achievement several times.

I had completed it on two characters before the first nerf went into effect.

Instead of griping that players who complete it after me have an easier time doing it, I figure that I have bragging rights because I did it when it was the hardest to do.

Saebjoern
MVP
Pet Score:4816
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Saebjoern » December 3rd, 2014, 9:45 pm

I didn't mind and didn't see it as a waste of time, got a lot of pets leveled up 25 doing that achievement. Also going around collecting all the wild pets as rares got me to around 350 or so already anyway.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » December 3rd, 2014, 10:57 pm

The change is just that, a change. We get them ingame all the time. This change was a good one making the level 3 menagerie obtainable in a time more comparable to the mine, fishing hut etc.
For hardcore pet collectors like myself and i daresay a fair majority of this site's members, it wouldn't have mattered if they kept it at 1000 battles to unlock, we all would have aimed for it anyway. For less hardcore or time poor collectors this change is a godsend, enabling them access to the bag pets months earlier than they would otherwise have got them. For those planning on making an AH fortune off the bag drops this is obviously a disaster and they will need to find another gold making project.
Like any change to a grind, or a nerf to a tamer fight, this should help attract more players to pet battling as an aside to what the normally do in WoW. I am in a small guild and often give guildies that have a small pet stable some easy to get useful pets they haven't got or don't know how to get i.e. darkmoon tonk and zepp, pandaren spirts, just to help them work their way through the pre pandaria tamers faster. The biggest turn off for part time battlers is the sheer number of pets you need at max level to get through the tamer chain pre wod, that and the incredible amount of game time pet collecting/levelling and battling require.
So i applaud a change that might just encourage this aspect of the game.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 4th, 2014, 9:24 am

its still 500 for me...i checked last night to see what my "reward" was if any because i know ive done more than 150 and it was listed as 500 draenor battles.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 4th, 2014, 11:46 am

Echinacea wrote:its still 500 for me...i checked last night to see what my "reward" was if any because i know ive done more than 150 and it was listed as 500 draenor battles.
You won't see a reward other than getting the achievement, you will be able to purchase the level 3 blueprint for the Menagerie though. If you find you still can't buy the 3rd level, then my guess is that you don't have the 150 needed. You can see your current count by going to the achievement itself, should be the Companion tab of achievements > Pet battles > Draenic Pet Battler (something close to this :P)

PS. I know it works for sure because I hit 150 last night around midnight and got the achievement, immediately hearthed back to my garrison to upgrade my menagerie. :)

*Edit was where to find achievement was incorrect.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » December 4th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Morlis wrote:
Echinacea wrote:its still 500 for me...i checked last night to see what my "reward" was if any because i know ive done more than 150 and it was listed as 500 draenor battles.
You won't see a reward other than getting the achievement, you will be able to purchase the level 3 blueprint for the Menagerie though. If you find you still can't buy the 3rd level, then my guess is that you don't have the 150 needed. You can see your current count by going to the achievement itself, should be the Companion tab of achievements > Pet battles > Draenic Pet Battler (something close to this :P)

PS. I know it works for sure because I hit 150 last night around midnight and got the achievement, immediately hearthed back to my garrison to upgrade my menagerie. :)

*Edit was where to find achievement was incorrect.
yes....i went to achievements > pet > collecting > draenor and the number it showed was still 500

my toon isnt 100 yet so i dont have a menagerie to try out

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 4th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Echinacea, mine told me I was at 139/500 yesterday evening. I hammered out 11 more and got the achievement at 150 wins. So it will still say 500 till you get it. Eventually Blizzard will fix the "tool tip" to reflect 150 instead of 500. I did for absolute sure get the achievement at 150 wins.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » December 4th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Morlis wrote:Echinacea, mine told me I was at 139/500 yesterday evening. I hammered out 11 more and got the achievement at 150 wins. So it will still say 500 till you get it. Eventually Blizzard will fix the "tool tip" to reflect 150 instead of 500. I did for absolute sure get the achievement at 150 wins.
oh i get it now....they implemented a fix at one level of the code to get it out quickly but then in a future patch will go back and adjust others as necessary.

i work software support at a major aerospace firm so i can totally understand the "get the important stuff fixed now" mindset

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 4th, 2014, 5:51 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a Client vs server issue. The achievement and tool tip are in the client and needs a client patch to change but they can tweak the server to say you only need 150 and give you the achievement as soon as you get to 150.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » December 5th, 2014, 9:14 am

Kpb321 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a Client vs server issue. The achievement and tool tip are in the client and needs a client patch to change but they can tweak the server to say you only need 150 and give you the achievement as soon as you get to 150.
and i thought i surely had 150 already....nope, only 75

cool thing is i can level without leaving the garrison via followers and pet battles

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 5th, 2014, 10:51 am

Just be aware that battling in your menagerie, while it DOES count towards the 150 battles (or it was counting towards the 500 pre-nerf) it does NOT count toward the 2000 battles for the monument. I completed the 500 battles doing about 250 each in the wild and then on the last day in my garrison. I have since then levelled another half-dozen pets to 25 in my garrison, and I still only have 250 battles towards the 2000 (at least according to the achievement display).