Where has an abundance of wild mechanicals?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Terronega
Pet Score:2035
Realm:Area 52-us
Where has an abundance of wild mechanicals?

Post by Terronega » December 1st, 2012, 10:12 am

I would kill for a mecha upgrade stone, but there doesn't seem to be too many places that have mechanical pets roaming around that I've found.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Re: Where has an abundance of wild mechanicals?

Post by Mathew013 » December 1st, 2012, 11:56 am

The mechanical squirrel and chicken used to be in abundance around Everlook (Winterspring).
Approx ~ level 16-ish.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 1st, 2012, 12:13 pm

Mathew013 wrote:The mechanical squirrel and chicken used to be in abundance around Everlook (Winterspring).
Approx ~ level 16-ish.
Keywords "used to", the area are now over camped for the new mech bear.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115

Post by Linaomine » December 1st, 2012, 3:26 pm

You could check Westfall for the Tiny Harvester.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 1st, 2012, 3:38 pm

Linaomine wrote:You could check Westfall for the Tiny Harvester.
If the thing about the higher the level of the wild pet you battle = higher chance of a stone dropping is true then this is will be a painful way to get mechanical stones. :(

I'm hoping that the Cogblade raptors have a decent spawn rate. Even with heavy camping I've run across several the few times I've been out to BEM so it looks like, after the omgNEWPET rush dies down some they might be a decent place to get Mech. stones.
Image Image

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115

Post by Linaomine » December 1st, 2012, 7:40 pm

Theaah wrote:
If the thing about the higher the level of the wild pet you battle = higher chance of a stone dropping is true then this is will be a painful way to get mechanical stones. :(
Ah, yeah I wasn't sure about all the details and mechanics of the chance for the stone =/

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » December 1st, 2012, 11:23 pm

It's not a *huge* abundance, and they're low level unfortunately, but there are Rabid Nut Varmints and Robo-chicks in Azshara, and just the Varmints in Stonetalon. Unlike the other places there's mechanicals hanging around, these aren't camped as much, and thus it might not be a bad place for you to poke at things. Otherwise, unfortunately, the ones in Everlook are the best.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » December 1st, 2012, 11:45 pm

Theaah wrote:

I'm hoping that the Cogblade raptors have a decent spawn rate. Even with heavy camping I've run across several the few times I've been out to BEM so it looks like, after the omgNEWPET rush dies down some they might be a decent place to get Mech. stones.

the night that i went for my cogblade i counted 10 other cogs in the same area, dont know if anyone else was farming them as well but after 3 i got my rare and left

Pompea
Top Rater
Pet Score:2535
BattleTag®:pomp#1627
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Pompea » December 2nd, 2012, 1:32 am

So is there simply a higher chance at getting a mechanical stone if you are fighting mechanicals? I got my stone off of the water wavelings in Zul Drak while I was farming for a rare waveling and used it to upgrade my mechanical dragonling! So I would say you don't even have to farm those types of pets to get one, but if it's been confirmed somewhere that they have a higher chance than I guess that would be reason enough.

So far, I have gotten a flawless general stone, a mechanical stone, and a dragonling stone all off of the wavelings. They're generous.

But anyhow, Winterspring is the only place I can think of with an overabundance of mechanical pets. You don't even need to be near Everlook to find 'em!

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 2nd, 2012, 3:04 am

Problem with that spot right now is me and everyone else s farming the hell out of the robobear that spawns around there.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 2nd, 2012, 4:45 am

Pompea wrote:So is there simply a higher chance at getting a mechanical stone if you are fighting mechanicals? I got my stone off of the water wavelings in Zul Drak while I was farming for a rare waveling and used it to upgrade my mechanical dragonling! So I would say you don't even have to farm those types of pets to get one, but if it's been confirmed somewhere that they have a higher chance than I guess that would be reason enough.

So far, I have gotten a flawless general stone, a mechanical stone, and a dragonling stone all off of the wavelings. They're generous.

But anyhow, Winterspring is the only place I can think of with an overabundance of mechanical pets. You don't even need to be near Everlook to find 'em!
This is interesting information! I was under the impression that the stone you got was dependant on the family type of the initial battle pet spawn you engaged. (My own limited experience is of 3 dragon stones from the wild serpent hatchlings and a flawless general off the oily slimelings so far)
Image Image

Pompea
Top Rater

Post by Pompea » December 2nd, 2012, 11:51 am

Theaah wrote: This is interesting information! I was under the impression that the stone you got was dependant on the family type of the initial battle pet spawn you engaged. (My own limited experience is of 3 dragon stones from the wild serpent hatchlings and a flawless general off the oily slimelings so far)
Well, 3 dragon stones dropping off of dragons certainly makes it look like there is a higher chance. Didn't get a single elemental stone off those wavelings though! Maybe certain types of pets have chances to drop different stones.

Sadiesaurus
Pet Score:933
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Sadiesaurus » December 2nd, 2012, 11:56 am

Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
The latter patch notes do indicate that the Flawless Battle stone is of the same type as the starter pet. However the first part could be an indication to a random drop also.

Personally so far I have only found 2 aquatic stones, both from aquatic pets.

If the Flawless stones are supposed to be the same type then I guess the Wavelings are bugged. It will be interesting to hear if anybody else has encountered a random stone from a different pet.

Also It says that they're not soulbound? So far both of the stones I received have been soulbound, and I haven't found any on the ah...

Pompea
Top Rater

Post by Pompea » December 2nd, 2012, 12:24 pm

Sadiesaurus wrote:
Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
The latter patch notes do indicate that the Flawless Battle stone is of the same type as the starter pet. However the first part could be an indication to a random drop also.

Personally so far I have only found 2 aquatic stones, both from aquatic pets.

If the Flawless stones are supposed to be the same type then I guess the Wavelings are bugged. It will be interesting to hear if anybody else has encountered a random stone from a different pet.

Also It says that they're not soulbound? So far both of the stones I received have been soulbound, and I haven't found any on the ah...
Thanks for the patch notes! Yeah, the family specific stones seem to be soulbound, but the general purpose are not. I would guess that the wavelings are/were buggy then and not supposed to cough up different stones then. :(