Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Bag Pets

Post by Gwenolyn » December 17th, 2014, 11:02 pm

I think they stealth nerfed the drop rate in the maintenance last Tuesday.

Chieve=easier
drop=lower

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 18th, 2014, 11:37 am

I don't think so. I think it's just bad RNG. I got all 6 of mine, half of them came before the last maintenance patch at a rate of roughly 1 every other day, the other half came after the last maintenance patch at roughly the same rate. There may have been a couple drops that had two days between them, but all in all it was pretty decent for me. If I had to guess, I'd say 6 pets in 15 bags total.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Nohero
Pet Score:3683
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Nohero » December 18th, 2014, 3:27 pm

0/3 again today. 8 straight days with 3 chars. Makes me 0/24 since completing my full set of pets. At a 50% chance that a pet should drop, the probability of going 24 straight without a pet is about 1 in 17 million.

The evidence that there is some sort of limitation or reduced chance against me over these 8 days is quite convincing. What the specifics are, I'm not quite sure.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » December 18th, 2014, 3:40 pm

This sure is making me reconsider the value of the menagerie pets I am getting with my alts. If these are not farmable on an ongoing basis they are going to be that much more scarce, and worth much more.

Sindoval
Pet Score:7251
Realm:Alexstrasza-eu

Post by Sindoval » December 19th, 2014, 10:43 am

I don´t think they nerved it on Tuesday, since i got 3 Pets the last 3 Days. Alltogether i collected all 7 Pets from 12 Bags.

Ash
Top Rater
Pet Score:7500
BattleTag®:Gallifreyan#11378
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Ash » December 19th, 2014, 3:31 pm

I don't think the drop has been nerfed, it's just all RNG. I'm currently running 5 level 3 menageries now and have noticed no lack of pets, though I do go up to 5 days between getting one on some toons.

Several multiple pets now, though none of those multiples have yet to come on the same toon. And out of all the pets I have gotten, I am still lacking one for my collection; the Sunfire Kaliri.

All in all, I find it to be a fun way to get pets... and, being the greedy pet hoarder that I am, would love to see even MORE pets added to the menagerie loot table! :lol: Seven is just not enough! :P

Edit** Just got the Sunfire Kaliri on my 2nd menagerie bag of the day.. so my initial collection is complete. Now to see how many multiples I get, and which toons get them.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 19th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Just to throw it out there. Try caging the menagerie pets and or store them on an alt, to see if not knowing them has any effect on dropchance from the daily.

Sedaii
MVP

Post by Sedaii » December 19th, 2014, 4:10 pm

Luciandk wrote:Just to throw it out there. Try caging the menagerie pets and or store them on an alt, to see if not knowing them has any effect on dropchance from the daily.
Yeah, I caged them on my main. She is at 12 days in a row now with no pets since collecting the last one needed.
I have 2 others at 100 with level 3 menageries and they are slowly working their way through - no duplicates on any of them yet.

As Chibimage wrote earlier, I am wondering if there is a tie-in to people who did the 500 battles to unlock their menageries, before it was dropped to 150?

When people post, if you can say whether you unlocked your menagerie before or after the drop I would be very interested.

Nohero

Post by Nohero » December 19th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Haven't done my quests yet today but I'm 0/24 since completing my set and I did in fact complete my 500 wins prior to the nerf.

EDIT: Did my quest on all 3 alts today, no pets. 0/27 since completing my set.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » December 20th, 2014, 12:43 am

I only have one L100 so far.
He got four pets in his first four bags, and then none after that. Six days and no pets.
If it's RNG, it's the damnedest RNG I've experienced in a while.
ImageImage

Nohero

Post by Nohero » December 20th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Today I caged 4 of the 7 menagerie pets before handing in quest. I got my first pet in 10 days (3 alts).

The Weebomination dropped, which was one of the 4 that I caged.

Needless to say, I'll be caging all 7 moving forward.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » December 21st, 2014, 11:02 am

I tried caging, but seeing that pet in my bags and unlearned was like poison to my OCD :D

But I'll be willing to try it again for awhile just to test the theory of 'no pets learned = you get pets in bags'

I also seriously think that if you created your Menagerie when it required 500 battles means it behaves differently. For anyone in the beta, we learned quite well that buildings acted differently depending on when they were built -_- That's why I mentioned it before. It sounds weird -- but it was like that in the beta. Permanently too - they cannot go back and fix old buildings or change them. They recommended you just build new ones over the old ones (that's why they gave out free resources).

In any event -- since getting all 7 Menagerie pets weeks and weeks ago, I've never had a duplicate. Only 1 100 (you people with a thousand alts I don't even understand! I cannot stomach doing content over that fast :D )

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 21st, 2014, 11:18 am

Chibimage wrote: Only 1 100 (you people with a thousand alts I don't even understand! I cannot stomach doing content over that fast :D )
It is called Alt-oholic disease ..... :lol: :D
I have 18 of them, manage them is really fun , the only hard (really hard ) part for me is teh leveling, i have doing the content over and over.... so i try to change the way to lvl :)

Sedaii
MVP

Post by Sedaii » December 21st, 2014, 11:27 am

GrosBonda wrote:
Chibimage wrote: Only 1 100 (you people with a thousand alts I don't even understand! I cannot stomach doing content over that fast :D )
Hi, my name is Sedaii, and I am an altoholic. :geek: I had 17 lvel 90 toons going into WoD.

I leveled almost all of my alts with pet battles in MoP. I was working on leveling my pets anyway, and didn't want to waste the XP. I'd get comfy in my recliner with my laptop, binge watch Netflix and level them on the hill in the Valley of the Four Winds where there were no aggro mobs.

Leveling them in WoD will actually be more tedious, because I'll have to repetitively do the quests to unlock the Garrison features I want.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 21st, 2014, 1:11 pm

My experience so far:

Levelled my main to 100, got menagerie to level 3, been doing the daily ever since the end of the first or second (forget which) week of Beta (roughly). I started out getting pets in every bag for the first 3-4 (similar to everyone else's experience). Things tapered off and I got the next two spread out over a longer period of time. I only lacked the sun sproutling.

Levelled up my secondary toon recently so I could get a Barn going and also some extra pet dailies. I've only had my alt doing the dailies for 3 days, but it was like it was before for my main: A pet every day so far (meanwhile nada on my main since pet #6 on him).

Pets my alt has gotten:
Sun Sproutling (last remaining menagerie pet needed)
Puddle Terror (duplicate)
Ghastly Kid (duplicate)

In all cases, I had previous pets learned (not caged and not items in my bags). Not a lot of data to go on really. I do wonder if the toon has a higher percentage starting out that decreases (and stabilizes later on) so that you get some pets early on but you don't end up swimming in menagerie pets after 5 or 6 drop?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Nohero

Post by Nohero » December 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm

Today I caged only my Puddle Terror and a Sunfire Kaliri dropped on my first alt. I learned both and while having none caged I completed my other two alts' quests and actually had a Ghastly Kid drop for me!

2/3 today and it seems caging pets does not have an impact.

Post by Guest » December 23rd, 2014, 12:09 am

Pet charms plays great role in the life of a pet. They changes the overall image of the pets.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » December 23rd, 2014, 11:13 am

Just popping back in, to give my anecdotal evidence again - still no duplicates, doesn't matter if I cage 1 pet, 0 pets, all menagerie pets. 0 dupes.

I'm fairly certain at this point that because I built my Menagerie at level 3 so early, it will not behave like the newly built ones.

I won't know about dupes til I get around to leveling my alts - since I've got nothing left to do on my main, that will probably be sooner than I'd like :p

Nohero

Post by Nohero » December 23rd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Chibimage wrote:Just popping back in, to give my anecdotal evidence again - still no duplicates, doesn't matter if I cage 1 pet, 0 pets, all menagerie pets. 0 dupes.

I'm fairly certain at this point that because I built my Menagerie at level 3 so early, it will not behave like the newly built ones.

I won't know about dupes til I get around to leveling my alts - since I've got nothing left to do on my main, that will probably be sooner than I'd like :p
I built my level 3 menagerie on 3 alts before the change in 500/150 achievement. I dropped pets from bags about 50% of the time on all 3 chars (some duplicates, not sure if it was on the same char) until I got my last pet, the Puddle Terror. Once I got him, I received no drops for 9 straight days on all 3 chars, a total of 0/27.

Then I caged 4 pets and a Weebomination dropped for me, breaking my 0/27 streak. Nothing the following day with all my menagerie pets caged. 2/3 the next day with no pets caged.

So after 27 straight bags with nothing, I'm 3/9 with a mix of some dropped with pets caged and some without.

I can't confirm I've received a duplicate on any specific char, but I know I've received 3 Weebominations and 3 Sunfire Kaliri thus far.

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 24th, 2014, 3:58 am

Nohero wrote:0/3 again today. 8 straight days with 3 chars. Makes me 0/24 since completing my full set of pets. At a 50% chance that a pet should drop, the probability of going 24 straight without a pet is about 1 in 17 million.

The evidence that there is some sort of limitation or reduced chance against me over these 8 days is quite convincing. What the specifics are, I'm not quite sure.
I've been doing the pet daily every day on 5 alts (6th will build her lvl 3 menagerie today) on 2 accounts. I got the achievement when it was still 500 pet battles on one account and 150 on the other account. Since receiving all the pets on all 5 characters, I have not received ONE duplicate on ANY character at ANY time.

I do certainly believe the people who are saying they've received duplicates on single characters (Doobjanka, etc, they're not likely to be mistaken), but I am overwhelmingly convinced that the drop rate alters dramatically downward after a full set of pets is obtained on each character.

PS Edited to add: Still no duplicates on ANY character at ANY time. I wonder what the drop rate for duplicates will turn out to be....
Last edited by Annieb on December 26th, 2014, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.