Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Bag Pets

Post by Gwenolyn » December 4th, 2014, 12:00 am

Kel wrote:So, a couple questions now that I reached the 500 battles mark (or was it only 150, time goes by so fast ;) ). I'm upgrading my menagerie now.
  • Will the daily reset, like the way the mine ore resets when you upgrade it?
  • So the pets from bags are tradeable?
  • Have we confirmed that the bag pets are once-per-toon?
Thanks guys.
Daily does not reset on the upgrade from 2 to 3. Bag pets are cagable. Once per toon is unknown. I certainly hope not!!

Note: to get the bag, each toon has to have to have a lvl 3 menagerie.

Update: still no duplicates on a single toon, though I'm getting repeats on my alts.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 4th, 2014, 11:35 am

Ok, got my first bag pet today, [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/dragonkin/miscellaneous/albino-chimaeraling/]Albino Chimaeraling[/url]. It was poor quality. Kind of sad, especially if this is a once-per-toon drop. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » December 4th, 2014, 4:26 pm

2nd ghastly kid on same character today, confirmed* not once per toon. (99.8% certain. I do have 2 100's doing the daily, but almost entirely completely totally certain Kid was twice on same.) I suppose if/when I ever get a 3rd of the same pet I can be completely certain.

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 4th, 2014, 4:38 pm

I've been doing the daily on 3 chars on 2 accounts. Have been experimenting with different combinations of factors.

1) I caged and handed off a previously UNKNOWN pet (sunfire kaliri) to my husband's account. Today, on his char he did get a second sunfire kaliri from his pet bag. However, he had never previously got that pet on that char. before; just the one I had caged and given him.

2)I have never gotten a duplicate pet on the same character.

3)I've always received a pet which I hadn't got before on all my chars when they receive pets from the bag, it's ones they (individually) didn't have before.

4)I have received duplicates, but never on the same character. Same account, yes, same character, no.

5)I'm leaning toward being halfway convinced that it's going to be 1 of each type per char. Maybe that's just my innate pessimism talking. Yes, the battle-stones are nice and everything, but I really hope the RNG is being particularly weird and we -can- get duplicates.

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » December 5th, 2014, 4:10 pm

So I'm seeing all these posts of getting 2 pets from 3 bags and such, and I'm like oh cool it's a decent drop rate so I'll get my pets soon.

Yeah, I'm on my 3rd day of bags and no pet yet. Not surprised though that's my luck with RNG. Should have my 2nd lvl 100 soonish so maybe that will help since he already has more epic followers at 96 than my lvl 100 does. Hopefully I'm just having bad luck and this isn't the new norm or something cause that would just suck.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645

Post by Sedaii » December 5th, 2014, 4:33 pm

The drop rate has been sporadic for me. I have gone as many as 4 days in a row with no pets in the bag, then had 3 days in a row that the bags did have pets. They will come, but yeah, I am working on a second level 100 so I can get some extras to sell or trade or gift :D
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 5th, 2014, 5:34 pm

I managed to get my alt to lvl 100 as well, so I have two menageries now. So far I've gotten

Main:
1. Firewing (H/B, sigh)
2. Weebomination
3 &4. No pet or Ghastly Kid (don't remember which day I got Ghastly Kid)
5. No pet
6. Sunfire Kaliri
7.&8. No pet
9. Puddle Terror
10-11. No pet
12. Sun Sproutling H/S. I don't know what's up but I'm pretty sure there have been more days, argh!
13-24. No pet
25. Albino Chimaeraling (poor S/S)
7/7

2nd char:
4. Albino Chimaeraling (green B/B)
5. Firewing (P/B, yay)
6. No pet
7. Sun Sproutling (H/P, weird, the unlearned pet is BoE)
8. Sunfire Kaliri
9. Ghastly Kid
10-13. No pet
14. Puddle Terror
15-17. No pet
18. Weebomination
7/7
Last edited by Iibis on December 28th, 2014, 5:43 am, edited 17 times in total.

Kel

Post by Kel » December 5th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Well, so far I got 2 days and I'm 50% on the drops. Just the one poor quality Albino Chimaeraling. Hopefully it gets better, I guess I could stone him.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Lakestone
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Lakestone#2247
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Lakestone » December 6th, 2014, 8:56 am

I have got Weebomination and Firewing in rare quality and today I got a poor Albino Chimaeraling :shock:
I guess I have to stone it.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » December 7th, 2014, 2:16 am

I have only had the tier 3 building for three days (well, technically 4 but I foolish did the tier 2 version of the daily before the building finished upgrading to the final version).

Day one) Sun Sproutling
Day two) No pet QQ
Day three) Ghastly Kid

I tend to be remarkably unlucky with these sorts of things so I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I really want that Abom though.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 7th, 2014, 2:34 am

Got Ghastly kid today. I well remember how people got twitchy about it as an improved unborn valkyr, though it seems to have lost a lot of its lustre with the nerfs to Haunt.

Just 2 more pets to go till i have them all. Just missing Weebomination and Puddle Terror.

But if you keep getting pets once youve completed your own set, then it could be worth keeping doing to put them on AH.

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 7th, 2014, 4:39 am

It's not conclusive by any stretch, however, I've still not gotten a duplicate on any character on either account. I've been doing the lvl3 menagerie daily every day on 5 chars on 2 accounts at this point and they each get individual sets of pets but -none- have got a single duplicate. To clarify, I've got several puddle terrors and weebominations (etc), but never two of anything on a single character.

It's looking grim. It would only take -one- exception to provide a counter-example of course, but it's not looking promising to me.

Morthya
Pet Score:5514
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Morthya » December 7th, 2014, 10:33 am

I've still not got any duplicates - I've got 6/7 of the pets, and since the last one (5 days ago), I haven't had anything other than gold and stones. Just waiting for the Weebomination now!

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » December 7th, 2014, 10:57 am

I'm wondering if duplicates may only happen after all of the pets have been won at least once

Kel

Post by Kel » December 7th, 2014, 10:58 am

Well, I got my 2nd pet (Puddle Terror) on my 3rd bag. He was a rare, so that's nice.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 8th, 2014, 3:05 am

Weebomination popped today. Just missing two now, sun sproutling and puddle terror. Not sure ill keep doing the menagerie after finishing the set, Ashlei is a far easier trainer for a quick bunch of charms, as I still have to look up the counterset needed for the menagerie ones.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 11:27 am

Well, once you have the team for the "flavor of the day" it's pretty easy to swap thru alts in their garrisons and do the same fight for multiple bags. You'll get more tokens with less time travelling (assuming your an altoholic like I am, anyway). Just need to be willing the spend the couple thousand gold and < 500 resources for each alt. I'll probably stop after I have a supply of 20-50 marked flawless stones stocked up, though, since I doubt I'll make much gold on the pets - will be giving them away in guild events, since not a lot of my guild pet battles (but lots of people like cute or themed pets).

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645

Post by Sedaii » December 8th, 2014, 1:33 pm

I finished up the Menagerie pets yesterday without getting a duplicate. The bag held no pets for me this morning, and I am very interested to see if they will be available to me on this character again. I really hope so, since I would love to have them to trade or gift.
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Kel

Post by Kel » December 8th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Luciandk wrote:Weebomination popped today...
I got the same one today! And he was rare. So far, two rares and one poor.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » December 8th, 2014, 11:12 pm

They all appear to come rare except the Albino Chimaeraling. Mine was common. Likely a bug.