Bag Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu
Re: Bag Pets

Post by Annieb » December 9th, 2014, 2:32 am

I'm up to 5 alts on two accounts doing the bags every day. I've not had a duplicate on -any- char at -any- time. Two of my chars have collected all the pets and they've got nothing but stones, gold and charms since that time in their bags.

Not conclusive by any stretch, but still sort of grim. My gut feeling is that it's one pet per char per bag with the possible exception of the chimaeraling. (Though I haven't got a duplicate of it on any char, it seems strange that it would be in all qualities, but maybe they mean us to stone them instead).

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 9th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Gained the Sun Sproutling today. Just missing the Puddle Terror now.

Cant see much need for continuing with the menagerie once I have it. Ashlei is a far easier tamer to hit up daily for a bunch of charms.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 12th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Hrm, 4 duds since the last pet. Hope the Puddle Terror comes soon, as it interests me.

Whitemage87
Top Rater
Pet Score:3773
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Whitemage87 » December 12th, 2014, 11:23 pm

I can confirm that you can get the pets after you've collected them all. I got the sun sproutling twice on my main, (the second time was after I had acquired all already).

Also, my husband got the Chimaeraling twice, both times it was poor. I got it once, and it was Rare.

*Edit: Got a second Firewing today.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 13th, 2014, 9:54 am

comfirmed as well ....
for my few first duplicate i cannot confirm but after taking note who get what i can confirm this this AM

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 14th, 2014, 10:24 am

GrosBonda wrote:comfirmed as well ....
for my few first duplicate i cannot confirm but after taking note who get what i can confirm this this AM
Thanks you guys =) I was sad thinking about it being not-really-worthwhile to do the menagerie daily anymore after getting all the pets for each character... :)

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » December 14th, 2014, 10:29 am

I am glad to know that some are getting duplicates. I am 0/7 since collecting my last menagerie pet on my first toon. I'll keep doing it daily to get the charms and to see how long it takes me to get another pet to drop :D

Swarlie
Pet Score:5992
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Swarlie » December 14th, 2014, 11:41 am

I gave only been doing the daily now for three days on 2 toons. So far I have gotten 2 sunfires, 2 fireworks, and a puddle.

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » December 14th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Sedaii wrote:I am glad to know that some are getting duplicates. I am 0/7 since collecting my last menagerie pet on my first toon. I'll keep doing it daily to get the charms and to see how long it takes me to get another pet to drop :D
keep going ....
I still have to see the [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet] once...
and i have been getting double and even triple .... :shock: :roll:

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » December 14th, 2014, 9:47 pm

So today I got a Firewing B/B in my menagerie bag.
It seems like a really good pet, but I'm not sure about the B/B nature. Would you guys say that is worth leveling, or not really, and wait for another nature?

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » December 15th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Haven't gotten a pet from these for a week, and all the others have been gotten at least once. I was wondering if the folks who got duplicates on a character maybe had them caged or something, because it doesn't feed like it's happening for me :)

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 15th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Blah, still not gotten the last of the pets, the Puddle Terror. Which i was quite interested in. Ended buying it on ah.

Nohero
Pet Score:3683
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Nohero » December 17th, 2014, 2:24 am

I have 3 lvl 100 chars and for my first 20 or so bags I got a pet around 50% of bags. I can't guarantee the same char dropped the same pet twice though, I wasn't tracking.

Interestingly, since I got my last needed pet a week ago, the Puddle Terror... I have yet to have any pet drop in the last 6 days (18 bags).

There is almost certainly something at play here, consider the probability of a 50% drop (7% per pet, 7 pets) not dropping for 18 straight bags is about a 1 in a half million chance.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 17th, 2014, 3:51 am

One theory I can think of is that it behaves like other loot, such as glyph recipes. You have a % chance to get any of them (let's say 15%+15%+15%+15%+15% etc) but you can't get anything twice (before you've gotten them all, might be?). So when you are down to just 1 left, you only have that one individual pet's chance to drop and that can take a while, depending on what kind of a drop rate it is. It might be that after you've gotten them all, extra pets are on a different roll / drop chance and it doesn't matter anymore which pet will drop. I have no idea how it works in reality, though, but it does seem like there's protection against receiving duplicates before you've gotten all of them. I'm missing one pet on my main and one pet on my alt, I'll have to see how long it takes to get the last one.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » December 17th, 2014, 8:21 am

Not sure that's how it works ^^^ poster -- friend of mine on bnet and I have been keeping track.

I got all my pets in quick succession, never a duplicate. Like, seriously one every day until I had them all --- I will add the very important salient information that I had my level 3 menagerie when it was still needing 500 battles, and I had all my pets before they even made the switch to needing only 150 pets.

My friend, on the other hand, didn't get her level 3 Menagerie until just recently. She has 2 level 3 Menageries on two alts. The behavior since the 150 change of the bags is quite different now. Firstly, she isn't getting pets as often as I did. Secondly, she is getting dupes - and on the same character.

I think when they did the change down to 150 they also changed the behavior of the bag drops. I have never gotten a duplicate pet from my bags in the weeks since I've gotten them all.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » December 17th, 2014, 10:23 am

Chibimage wrote: I think when they did the change down to 150 they also changed the behavior of the bag drops. I have never gotten a duplicate pet from my bags in the weeks since I've gotten them all.
Thanks for the additional info Chibimage. Like you, I had my level 3 menagerie when it required 500 battles to unlock. I got the pets quickly on that toon, though not one very single day, and I didn't have them all before they changed the requirement to 150. I also have 2 alts now with level three menageries. I started keeping track with them, and have been counting the days since I got a pet on my first toon.

Caithness (first)
0 for 10 Since collecting all (with no duplicates)

Fliodhas
Day 1 - Firewing
Day 2 - 0
Day 3 - Sun Sproutling
Day 4 - Albino Chimeraling
Day 5 - 0
Day 6 - Puddle Terror
Day 7 - 0
Day 8 - 0
Day 9 - 0

Forzare
Day 1 - Sun Sproutling
Day 2 - Sunfire Kaliri

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » December 17th, 2014, 10:32 am

Got my first duplicate today, Weebomination, on the only character I have currently with a Lvl 3 menagerie. No pets caged etc, so thinking the drop rate changes when you have them all or changed when they adjusted the lvl3 menagerie requirements perhaps

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 17th, 2014, 11:33 am

Well, I got my last of the pets yesterday. So now I have all of them once. We'll see how it goes from here. I still only have the one toon at lvl100, so any duplicates from here are for sure on the same toon.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

GrosBonda

Post by GrosBonda » December 17th, 2014, 12:13 pm

I got my last pet today [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet] almost after 7 days with nothinh in bags (from 2 toons)
and i am 100% sure i get duplicate on at least one toons (mathematically talking)

Nohero
Pet Score:3683
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Nohero » December 17th, 2014, 4:37 pm

7 straight days on 3 chars with no drops since getting my last needed pet.

0/21