Finally - Draenic Pet Battler complete

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Finally - Draenic Pet Battler complete

Post by Luciandk » November 28th, 2014, 10:50 pm

up to 20 coins now, aiming for 5 lunkers a day.

Seems to be a rather low droprate on big bag of pet supplies pets. 4 bags now, only one pet so far. Firewing.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 28th, 2014, 10:51 pm

So, it seems the menagerie daily isn't account wide.

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I was able to do the daily on 2 toons today, and got 2 pets. :shock:

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 28th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Finally did my 500... 3 bags, 2 pets.

Dasaq
Top Rater
Pet Score:8012
BattleTag®:Dasaq#1184
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Dasaq » November 29th, 2014, 8:54 am

Managed to get all my Menagerie pets.I'm not sure but It seems to give whatever pet you don't have as the reward. I never once got a duplicate from any of the bags i opened.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 29th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Dasaq wrote:Managed to get all my Menagerie pets.I'm not sure but It seems to give whatever pet you don't have as the reward. I never once got a duplicate from any of the bags i opened.
I got 2 Sun Sproutlings today.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 29th, 2014, 9:15 pm

Depressing, another day with no pet in the bag. You folks having them all already sure has been lucky.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » November 30th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Another day with no pet in the bag.

Moonflame
MVP
Pet Score:683
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Moonflame » December 1st, 2014, 8:21 am

The drop rate on the Daily seems to be much higher than I was expecting.

So far I have done the daily 4 times, and have received 4 different pets. (Puddle, Firewing, Webomination & Goat).

The pet reward does seem to be related to the battle itself though, which is interesting.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 1st, 2014, 9:19 am

Moonfrost wrote:The drop rate on the Daily seems to be much higher than I was expecting.

So far I have done the daily 4 times, and have received 4 different pets. (Puddle, Firewing, Webomination & Goat).

The pet reward does seem to be related to the battle itself though, which is interesting.
It's pretty random, some of you are just luckier than others. I had a poor quality P/B albino chimeraling drop for me in my bag today with the Quintessence of Light (when if you were correct it would have been Firewing, but instead it's just random chance).

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » December 1st, 2014, 11:33 am

Chibimage wrote:I try and get a lunker a day - so far today was my first day I fished up over 250 Enormous fish with no lunker, I had to log out and I have other things I need to do besides!

10 coins so far, 50 is going to be a chore and a half.

I *wish* lunkers dropped from the Garrison. I am glad that they pets from bags are so plentiful and easily gotten, the way I see it its a reward for grinding out those 500 battles. My guess is duplicates are going to be extremely rare.
The Lunar Cavedweller summoned by the ...whatever fish found in the garrison has a chance to drop coins.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 1st, 2014, 10:35 pm

Finally got another new pet from the bag. Sunfire Kaliri.

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 3rd, 2014, 11:04 am

Third day, third bag, 3 pets. Have gotten Sunfire Kaliri, Puddle Terror and today was Weebomination (daily fight today on my server was Protectron/protectron/Blingtron trio.

I'm wondering if anyone has confirmation that the pets are able to drop and be acquired through the big bag of pet supplies more than once per pet per character. I'm concerned that so many of the items/drops/silver elites and other interaction items are once per character. Does anyone know for sure that the big bag of pet supplies is set up like the Pandaria ones where you can get (and cage and sell) multiples as you go along?

It seems unnecessarily harsh to me if it IS one-time-drop-per-character, but on the other hand.. 3 pets in 3 days seems pretty crazy. For now I've caged my three and tossed them on my husband's account before going nuts and selling them in the AH or leveling them up myself. Would be nice if one/some of you guys have more info...

Loving the new pets! :)

Good luck,

Annie

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 3rd, 2014, 11:41 am

Today yielded Albino Chimaeraling. Uncommon quality. 4 left to learn.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » December 4th, 2014, 12:15 am

Tiggindy wrote:
Dasaq wrote:Managed to get all my Menagerie pets.I'm not sure but It seems to give whatever pet you don't have as the reward. I never once got a duplicate from any of the bags i opened.
I get duplicates on alts, but no single toon has recieved a duplicate yet. I'm hoping once I get them all, it will start to happen... plz plz plz!!

Annieb
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 4th, 2014, 1:01 am

Gwenolyn wrote:
Tiggindy wrote:
I get duplicates of the pets my main has got on alts, but no single toon has recieved a duplicate yet. I'm hoping once I get them all, it will start to happen... plz plz plz!!
I'm REALLY beginning to doubt this, sadly.
1)I've never once got a duplicate on any single character (doing the quest 3x per day on 1 account) and 1x per day on my second account.
2)Each character seems to get ONLY pets s/he's never got before and ones which s/he's never memmed. I gave the sunfire kaliri, weebomination & puddle terror pets to my husband's alt and that char has NEVER got any of the pets which I gave him.
3)Every character I've got drops with has only received pets they hadn't got before. Even though I gave away 3 of the pets with my main char to my husband's account, she's never got any of those 3 pets again, only ones she'd not gotten before.
4)The drop rates thus far (for ME) are over 80%. It doesn't make sense to me that the drop rates would be that high if it weren't VERY limited.
5)The pet bags are worth doing for the other rewards, but not overly so...

I'm discouraged. That achievement was my main focus for a week or more after release (on TWO accounts, painful), instead of leveling up alts, raiding, etc. I am so glad that none of the pets I listed in the AH sold. In fact, I got slagged off for asking 30k and there's no way in heck I'd sell any of them for 30k at this point, until we find out if we can get duplicates.

PS Edited to add: I think it would be cool if the drop rate were higher until you got all the pets then dropped down to something like... 10-15% or so. Maybe they'll do that, but I still doubt it. From a practical standpoint I have no idea if that's even practical from a programming point of view or not. (Dammit, Jim, I'm a bionerd, not a programmer!)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 4th, 2014, 12:09 pm

I haven't quite unlocked my garrison lvl 3 yet but there are a lot of things in WoD that are once per char but have a high or 100% drop rate. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that this is another one of those cases and that any given char can get each pet in a bag only once. Otherwise with the drop rate as it is these pets would be near worthless pretty quickly. Even at once per I expect they'll drop pretty quickly as the achievement isn't hard to get now and the requirement to get them on another toon is basically just getting them to 100 and a lvl 3 garrison.