Your first pet ever?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Serraphina
Top Rater
Pet Score:2407
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
Re: Your first pet ever?

Post by Serraphina » December 6th, 2011, 11:24 am

I don't recall my first pet, but the first one I ever actually farmed was the Emerald Whelpling.

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 6th, 2011, 2:00 pm

I think it was one of the owls in Darnassus. I remember running around there on one of my first characters (may have been a priest or a hunter a little later) and being told that there were pet owls I could buy. I found the vendors and I remember thinking how expensive they were and I would never have that much money!

Shinigami_Shimai
Pet Score:1419
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Shinigami_Shimai » December 6th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I had to ask my wife about this one because it has been a while. She just remembered that it was a Dragonhawk that was given to us for signing someone's guild sig. At the time we thought it was something really special until I found the vendor for it... Still a nice gift for guild sig. This began our hunt for pets...

Jorth
Top Rater
Pet Score:12163
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Jorth » December 6th, 2011, 9:29 pm

My first companion was one of the owls in Darnassus... yes I did roll a Night Elf as well... but I'm horde now! :twisted:

Aparadoze
Pet Score:3012
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Aparadoze » December 7th, 2011, 12:51 pm

My boyfriend bought me my first pet when I started playing with him. He told me that it was rare! lol It was a red dragonhawk hatchling. :lol:

Linanthus

Post by Linanthus » December 7th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Hawk owl, I loved it! :D

Marbelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:2391
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Marbelle » December 7th, 2011, 4:03 pm

The snowshoe rabbit was my first pet.
I was running around in Dun Morogh, when I came across a little dwarf chasing a rabbit. I got some silver from my brother and bought my very first pet :D

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 8th, 2011, 10:59 am

Hard to say. I didn't start out collecting pets at first. I think I began with holiday pets, and then progressed to quest pets--I'm looking at you, Sprite Darter!
Mingyao on Madoran

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 8th, 2011, 11:37 am

That's a hard one... been playing for 3 1/2 years and never had much of an incentive to collect till wrath. I think my first pet was a Cat from Stormwind; but my first rare pet was the Spirit of Competition i remember grinding so many Battleground for that bugger...

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » December 13th, 2011, 9:53 am

My first pets were both of the owls from Darnassus. I bought them both at once because I was a night elf they were there, I had the money and bought my boyfriends mage an owl too. 7 years later (yes it was that long ago) when he plays the mage (which is rare) he still pulls the owl out. Then says to me its not that I like the owl its because I love you. Hes a sweety.

Rawr... that is all.

Nightriderr
Top Rater
Pet Score:1727
Realm:Shadowsong-us

Post by Nightriderr » December 13th, 2011, 7:26 pm

My First Pet was - believe it or not- the Ethereal soul Trader. I started a hunter, and started getting the Trading Cards. The first card I opened was- The Ethereal Soul Trader. I figured it was common so I just opened it and put it on my toon. I later switched accounts. The Soul Trader was never seen again. Boy, did I feel stupid :oops:

Leny
Pet Score:1200
Realm:Agamaggan-us

Post by Leny » December 16th, 2011, 2:09 am

I'm not 100% sure what it was. I think it was the cockroach pet from Undercity. However, it could have also been one of the rabbits from the vender in Dun'morgh. However my favorite pet I got early on was Speedy the turtle!

Siusy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5128
BattleTag®:siusy#1631
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Siusy » December 19th, 2011, 1:36 pm

My first pet was a mechanical squirrel given to me when I was a little level 20ish lowbie years ago by a guildie friend at the time who was already at her level cap of 60 lol... I kept telling her how much I loved seeing her take out this pet or that and one day, out of the blue, she gave me a mechanical squirrel to get my own collection started..

Now, I often help friends who don't really have any pets get their collections started with the mechanical squirrel lol..
Siusy ~ Resto Shammy, LWer, Engineer & Fluff Collector
Image Proud Suggie Mommy of Lilo & Stitch Image

Angaurwen
Pet Score:4497
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Angaurwen » December 19th, 2011, 5:06 pm

My first pet ever was the Clockwork Rocket Bot. This was back when pets still took up space in your bags. I said to my bf "what do I do with it?" "it just follows you when you summon it out" "but it doesn't do anything?" "no". So I deleted it. In my defense, I was poor and bag space was precious. And I was a noob.
Somewhere down the line, once pets were learnable, I started collecting and noticed I had the achievement for the clockwork rocket bot. It took a minute to remember what it was, but once I did, I was straight into a petition for getting him restored. I'm very glad I did :)

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Thralla » December 21st, 2011, 3:09 pm

Speedy or Mr. Wiggles. I honestly don't remember which I would have chosen for my first Orphan's week event.

The first pet I ever took a screen shot with was the prairie dog - a Christmas gift from one of my then guildies at a holiday event in game. It would have been my second pet.

I'm not actually sure if there was a pet that made me want to collect - it just sort of happened.

Misakichi
Pet Score:696
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Misakichi » January 3rd, 2012, 8:32 pm

My first pet was the panda cub. Back when WoW was first coming out I didn't care too much for it as I was playing FFXI, then my friend canceled his CE and since I worked at Software ETC at the time, I snagged it. It was the panda cub on the back that made me want to play the game.

Slipknife

Post by Slipknife » January 3rd, 2012, 9:42 pm

My first pet ever was a Mechanical Squirrel. 3 friends and I all joined at the same time, and I made one for all of us.

Piratewench
Pet Score:2540
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Piratewench » January 8th, 2012, 12:50 pm

one of the cats, probably the silver tabby but it's been so long it's hard to remember

Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Aeonesti » January 13th, 2012, 7:31 am

Pretty sure my first pet was mini-diablo (LORD OF TERROR) because an undead priestess doesn't look cool enough with a panda or a zergling followin her around. :)

Course as of a couple days ago, i'm now a Goblin priestess, and I would have picked the panda cub. Thankfully, I don't HAVE to pick any more. Any toon I start with automatcially gets the 15 pet cheevo right off the bat :)
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Elryn
Pet Score:8856
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Elryn » January 14th, 2012, 12:30 am

my boyfriend at the time bought me a Calico cat, way back in vanilla... but i didn't start collecting till later in BC