Junglebeak P/P

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Junglebeak P/P

Post by Abashera » November 15th, 2014, 4:22 pm

I just wanted people to know that although PetBreed ID doesn't list it, the Junglebeak comes in P/P.

The very first one I engaged was a RARE P/P.

Here is my advice though. If it has Rain Dance chosen, forfeit the fight and reengage until it has Flyby.

I lost the rare P/P because of that ability. I thought I could take just one more shot with my emerald proto-whelp, but the 50% increase in hit and crit made that hit a killing blow.

I could have changed to my Turnip. But even with Weakening Blows, Rain Dance heals him past the point of being able to capture him, and there’s a very good chance a P/P Junglebeak will kill your turnip before you can successfully cage him.

You may want to put a S/S Turkey on your team, or a Strider, to put the Junglebeak to sleep and get a few more cage attempts in before he can heal. (Note: The strider may be risky being aquatic against flying.)

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Junglebeak P/P

Post by Beave » November 15th, 2014, 4:40 pm

I've forgotten about the dragonkin bonus or crit-hit too many rares I'd hoped to collect. Now I use your avatar pet (terrible turnip) for rares I want to collect. I either keep him in my farming group along with a leveler (he's not a huge dps pet, but often I don't need him), or I forfeit and swap him in.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Junglebeak P/P

Post by Abashera » November 16th, 2014, 1:31 am

The very pathetic thing is that I had the Turnip on my team. I didn't read the Junglebeak's abilities to know that his healing ability increased my damage in addition to simply healing him. If his Rain Dance hadn't boosted my hit and crit, one more hit from my Whelp would NOT have killed him, especially considering I had chosen "Breath" in the first slot, which is not strong against flying. If the Junglebeak hadn't had Raindance, my last hit would have left him with some health, based on the damage Breath was doing before the crit/hit boost.

I chose the Terrible Turnip as my avatar because I owe almost my entire collection of wild pets to him. To me, the humble Turnip ranks right up there with the humble Rabbit, the S/S Grasslands Cottontail to be specific.

ICESPINE HATCHLING is another pet to be careful with. I found an Uncommon one, and was in the process of caging it, and again, I didn't read it's abilities. It killed itself with Body Slam. Again, if possible, quit the battle and try to force him to choose Ravage instead.

It reminds me of the Crimson Geode. I hunted down a Rare P/P, which took me a few weeks to find. I FINALLY found one! I was so excited that my patience and persistence had finally paid off. But no matter how many times I quit the battle and reengaged, he would never choose anything but Stone Rush. I swear Blizzard changed the Crimson Geode so that Stone Rush is the only ability it takes in that slot. After hunting down a P/P rare all that time... well let's just say that a P/P rare hits itself for A LOT! I tried to put him to sleep with my Aqua Strider, but he killed himself before Soothe could take effect. I should have used a turkey, but I was going for the longer sleep time of Soothe. After that I gave up and caught the first P/P I could find in any quality, and stoned him. It's actually the only Rare wild pet I didn't capture as a rare in the breed I wanted (including the Minfernal which took me a week to find in H/H rare).

So anyway, if anyone tries to capture an Icespine, put a Turkey on your team to buy a couple extra shots at caging him before he offs himself.