Share pet collecting news and advice.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Post by Voskres » November 15th, 2014, 12:55 am

I have been up and down that valley, killing every critter in it and haven't gotten one battle-able snail or sporebat to pop.

I did a google and there is a post on the forum a few hours ago someone asking the same thing.

Has anyone got one?

Selenah
Pet Score:5468
Realm:Sanguino-eu

Re: Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Post by Selenah » November 15th, 2014, 3:17 am

I was trying to get one yesterday, but didn't found any that wasn't a critter :( it's frustrating as it's the only one left to get the achievement :(

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » November 15th, 2014, 3:20 am

Yeah, I caught mine in the Zangarra area in Talador. I had to drop down the waterfall next to the flight master that's over there.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 15th, 2014, 4:12 am

i been there this morning - saw at least 3, they probably have a low spawn rate, but they are there

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » November 15th, 2014, 6:07 am

I got an epic one yesterday. Same area as the info on this site says. I think you may have had bad luck with your server or something. Hopefully when they have done this second maintenance it gets fixed.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » November 15th, 2014, 7:42 am

I guess they're victims of aoe damage from people leveling and trying to tag everything in their path. Starfall is one prime offender of murdering critters too :(

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » November 15th, 2014, 10:28 am

Asphodael wrote:Yeah, I caught mine in the Zangarra area in Talador. I had to drop down the waterfall next to the flight master that's over there.
Same here! There were a couple down there, I was able to find 1 rare in the bunch and battled the others.
@TamerWakamaru

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » November 15th, 2014, 12:09 pm

I don't know what it was yesterday I couldn't get one to pop. I even joined about a dozen different raids to zone to their server and only one server had one and it was on the waterfall that wouldn't let me battle it because of space.

I logged there and when I logged in there were a half dozen or more. I got a poor and checked all the others there were no rares so I kept the poor since I will stone it anyway.

Was my last pet for the Safari.

Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Jyru » November 16th, 2014, 1:56 am

Been here for a few hours, killing all critters, no sign of anything yet, still holding out hope.

Also my last for safari, and seems to be the trickiest one in Draenor.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 16th, 2014, 3:35 am

When I checked today there were 4 up (3 on the ground, 1 required a bit of coordination in jumping off a cliff in just the right spot and surviving the massive fall). Not realizing these were slow/rarer spawns (was just working on safari, going down the list) I picked up 2 different breeds, and there was another person pet battling who picked up 1 as well. The one off the cliff I left behind as it was a duplicate breed to one I had tamed.

If these really are the "new Minfernal" I'll just stone one instead of going back to look for a rare.

Kamira
Top Rater
Pet Score:6196
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kamira » November 16th, 2014, 3:50 am

Asphodael wrote:Yeah, I caught mine in the Zangarra area in Talador. I had to drop down the waterfall next to the flight master that's over there.
That's where I found mine aswell

Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Jyru » November 16th, 2014, 6:48 am

After camping this all day i just got one after the servers rolled.

There were 2 snails and 2 sporebats. During the day and after hours of camping today I saw neither,

This leads me to believe this area is on a very very long (minferal) respawn timer.

Immediately following a reset are going to be your best bet, after that, I'd wager its a 8-12 hour respawn for pets in the area.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » November 16th, 2014, 6:51 am

Jyru wrote:After camping this all day i just got one after the servers rolled.

There were 2 snails and 2 sporebats. During the day and after hours of camping today I saw neither,

This leads me to believe this area is on a very very long (minferal) respawn timer.

Immediately following a reset are going to be your best bet, after that, I'd wager its a 8-12 hour respawn for pets in the area.
I came here to post this exact information so I can confirm this is, indeed, a very good time to grab one. There were about 6 up on Mok'Nathal/Silvermoon after the restart. I nabbed an uncommon one and left the rest for my fellow pet hunters. Server restarts are going to be the way to go, guys!

By the way, battle pets are no longer susceptible to AOE and cannot be killed the conventional way. The only way to get rid of them now is to battle and despawn.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » November 16th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Solana wrote:By the way, battle pets are no longer susceptible to AOE and cannot be killed the conventional way. The only way to get rid of them now is to battle and despawn.
I'm afraid they still can be killed by player abilities. I've accidentally murdered quite a few pets with howling blast and starfall while leveling.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 16th, 2014, 2:11 pm

It's the last thing that I need too, well, other than 327 more pet fights...

Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Adorabella_x » November 16th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Got mine in the morning at 10.00 Uk time. I actually got 2^

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » November 16th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Merana wrote:
Solana wrote:By the way, battle pets are no longer susceptible to AOE and cannot be killed the conventional way. The only way to get rid of them now is to battle and despawn.
I'm afraid they still can be killed by player abilities. I've accidentally murdered quite a few pets with howling blast and starfall while leveling.
I haven't been able to sucessfully kill any of them as a protection paladin. Which is actually considerably annoying as everyone on my server is going around trapping rares and leaving everything less than rare quality laying around. I've made 5 full circles at various times around Spires of Arak and still do not have a single rare from that zone because of the lack of being able to despawn by killing so I'm going to stone them all and spare myself the aggravation. Not sure why starfall or howling blast are able to kill them but I'm guessing that's not as intended.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 17th, 2014, 4:22 am

You can kill pets in SMV, but not in other zones.

Also, FWIW, insomnia paid off. I woke up at 3AM Eastern, and ran around a bit in game. I caught one on a last check before trying to sleep again at 4:15AM.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 17th, 2014, 10:21 am

I'm on Whisperwind, which is fairly high pop. I was really nervous about this one. Last night nada. But this morning there was one, way at the end near the rarespawn. Uncommon, but I have a lot of flyer stones. I don't like taking these types of pets again, if I don't need to.

Hopes this helps someone. And GL! :mrgreen:

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 17th, 2014, 4:48 pm

On launch night, instead of levelling my main like normal, I started with my alliance druid (stealthy) and ran him through the Tanaan jungle quest line and bee-lined for their spawn area. A lot of stealth, pet battle, die combinations later I was able to get one of each breed I wanted (but no rares). Probably overkill, but I got it done!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829