Unborn Valkyr - camp or cruise?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saintjimmy
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Burning Legion-us
Unborn Valkyr - camp or cruise?

Post by Saintjimmy » November 14th, 2014, 10:53 am

Hi everyone! Wondering what the community thinks on the best way to get the coveted Unborn Valkyr -- do you camp your guy at one of the spawn points, or fly around hitting different ones?

I have tried both ways for a few hours each, and don't seem to have luck either way. Is it all just essentially luck or is one technique better?

Thanks!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Unborn Valkyr - camp or cruise?

Post by Jerebear » November 14th, 2014, 11:40 am

I've done both with little success. I got all of mine on a whim per say (3x from Illidan no less) when I just flew over a spawn point to see.

If you are gonna camp, you might consider camping the phased ones (The two southernmost spawns in Icecrown are phased for example) as that limits your pool of competition to just those who have done all the quests in Icecrown.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Cyberninja » November 14th, 2014, 12:56 pm

The BEST method is if you have more than one toon that can fly in Northrend. I have 3. I park them each at one of the spawn points. When I log one in, I will check the 3 or 4 closest to that toon. Then I switch to the 2nd toon and then the 3rd toon and repeat the process. I found her 17 times in about a six week period.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 14th, 2014, 1:50 pm

I just do fly-bys myself. Got mine in the first week. I never camp, find that tedious and dull. I figure I'll get it eventually. I mean hell, I killed Loque for the Frostbitten achieve doing that. May have taken a few years, but I also only ever did 3-4 flybys in a week taking 5 minutes apiece, rather than sitting for hours fighting other campers, while gathering ore as well.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 14th, 2014, 1:55 pm

I got together with 2 guildies who also wanted one. We all flew to our designated spawn points, announced when we found/caught one, and repeated x3. When someone found it that had already captured one, we held it til they arrived. We all 3 got one in less than an hour. It seems a new one spawns almost immediately when one is killed/caught.

Saintjimmy

Post by Saintjimmy » November 15th, 2014, 9:57 am

Thanks everyone for the tips! I am just getting back to the game after a long absence, so I don't have a big guild or a ton of resources to support me. (I do have a lot of alts, but only two toons capable of Northrend flight.)

The phasing trick is a good idea. I think I haven't done any of it actually...

Sounds like the most effective thing would actually be to get a third guy into flying ability, then do the triple check method. In the meantime, I guess I have to remind myself to be patient - this is like an end game level pet in terms of its difficulty to get!

Saintjimmy

Post by Saintjimmy » November 17th, 2014, 1:05 pm

I got her!!!

Decided to wake up early this morning and do a flyover before work, thinking there would be less competition. It must have worked, because right after 6 am there she was, sitting there in Icecrown beckoning me. I had a fright when she suddenly died - but as you experts know, it was just her haunt. Caught her when she came back up, no problem! H/H breed.

Now to change my icon :-)